2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

townsend

Banned
I would say that W and Bill were every bit as corrupt as Hillary, but with far fewer qualifications for office. I've always assumed that the general dislike people have for Hillary comes from the media narrative that paints Bill as a good ol boy meanin' no harm, and her as the uptight shrew.

Hillary has access to all the knowledge of a president considered successful by the consensus, and can construct a similar staff to that president. She also has legislative, and state experience, along with being a vital part of Clinton's staff through his presidency and governorships.

I can understand Bernie Bros seeing her level of corruption compared to Sanders and being disappointed in a less ethical candidate. (Likewise with Johnson) But if you think that Hillary's qualities are inferior to a young Bill or W. Then you likely just want a peen swinging in the Oval Office more than a qualified candidate.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I would say that W and Bill were every bit as corrupt as Hillary, but with far fewer qualifications for office. I've always assumed that the general dislike people have for Hillary comes from the media narrative that paints Bill as a good ol boy meanin' no harm, and her as the uptight shrew.

Hillary has access to all the knowledge of a president considered successful by the consensus, and can construct a similar staff to that president. She also has legislative, and state experience, along with being a vital part of Clinton's staff through his presidency and governorships.

I can understand Bernie Bros seeing her level of corruption compared to Sanders and being disappointed in a less ethical candidate. (Likewise with Johnson) But if you think that Hillary's qualities are inferior to a young Bill or W. Then you likely just want a peen swinging in the Oval Office more than a qualified candidate.
Being an experienced politician doesn't necessarily make anyone qualified for a chief executive and that is all she has done as a public servant.

2233boys

Not So New Member

No such thing.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Yeah, that was all code for the notion that if you don't support the annointed, you must hate women.

Weird how left-wingers can be oddly fascist sometimes.
I was an Obama Boy in 08.

It is the Clinton Machine, seriously, unfortunately that machine has corrupted my party.

townsend

Banned
Yeah, that was all code for the notion that if you don't support the annointed, you must hate women.

Weird how left-wingers can be oddly fascist sometimes.
Yeah, I was aware of that tactic, coupled with Gloria Steinem's statement that young women were choosing Bernie to chase liberal dick shows that Hillary and co are the worst kind of feminists.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'd consider them synonymous.
I do not.

Hillary is clearly qualified. She's had time in congress and a presidential cabinet.

For a number of reasons I don't think she's fit. I think she's shady, dangerously ambitious, and quite possibly corrupt.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
For the record and in the interest of equal time, Trump is neither fit nor qualified.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I do not.

Hillary is clearly qualified. She's had time in congress and a presidential cabinet.

For a number of reasons I don't think she's fit. I think she's shady, dangerously ambitious, and quite possibly corrupt.
Quite possibly? :art

Jiggyfly

Banned
I do not.

I get shady and possibly corrupt but how is she any more ambitious than any other person who has run for president?

And how does that make her dangerous?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I get shady and possibly corrupt but how is she any more ambitious than any other person who has run for president?

And how does that make her dangerous?
Usually it's because they don't care what they do to get what they want. Legal or not. Well, for an overly ambitious person that is. Cutting corners. Deleting emails (j/k kind of). That is my interpretation of why at least.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I do not.

I don't think her resume is great for a President but I agree with you that there is enough on her resume to make her qualified for president.

It's everything else you stated that scares the shit out of me about her. She is basically everything bad about politicians that we complain about rolled into one human being. No one should feel good about voting for her.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Usually it's because they don't care what they do to get what they want. Legal or not. Well, for an overly ambitious person that is. Cutting corners. Deleting emails (j/k kind of). That is my interpretation of why at least.
And that could be attributed to anybody who has run for president in the last 70 years.

Go back and read up on LBJ, Nixon, Kennedy or Eisenhower.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Argue qualifications all you want, to anyone who values a fair and balanced SCOTUS she is not a choice.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I don't think her resume is great for a President but I agree with you that there is enough on her resume to make her qualified for president.

It's everything else you stated that scares the shit out of me about her. She is basically everything bad about politicians that we complain about rolled into one human being. No one should feel good about voting for her.
I wouldn't feel good about voting for her, but I'd feel better than voting for a guy who tries to shoot down Gold Star families and makes fun of retards.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
And that could be attributed to anybody who has run for president in the last 70 years.

Go back and read up on LBJ, Nixon, Kennedy or Eisenhower.
I know that. Just answering why ambitous is bad.

townsend

Banned

I'd say that compared to the average presidential candidate her resume is good. The last few presidents we've had have been a Jr. Senator, and a mess of Governors with no meaningful military, or legislative experience. The only two presidents with more established resumes, in recent memory are Nixon and Bush sr, although their level of qualifications absolutely dwarf Hillary's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom