MacMahon: Barry Church - Defense should study more

jootep

Brand New Member
These clowns probably can't even spell the word study, let alone actually do it.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Yes, I am very surprised to hear a player say they aren't preparing enough. Or the right way.
You shouldn't be. Not with this team. And why would they care? It's not like there are negative repercussions for their actions.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yes, I am very surprised to hear a player say they aren't preparing enough. Or the right way.
You can watch players and know whether they prepared. Granted every player gets beat from time to time but when they get beat on every down then it becomes obvious they didn't prepare. The Dallas secondary is the worst prepared unit currently in pro football. They are beat on 80% of the plays. The reason is because they rely on their own instincts rather than studying their opponents trends. It is maddening.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
You can watch players and know whether they prepared. Granted every player gets beat from time to time but when they get beat on every down then it becomes obvious they didn't prepare. The Dallas secondary is the worst prepared unit currently in pro football. They are beat on 80% of the plays. The reason is because they rely on their own instincts rather than studying their opponents trends. It is maddening.
YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT A LAWYER. WHERE'S YOUR PROOF?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Witten says offense can't lose trust in defense, which is 'working their tails off to get it fixed'

The Cowboys didn’t force a punt against Chicago, and they’re last in the league in defense. But Jason Witten said the offense isn’t going to lose trust in the other side of the ball.

“You can’t lose trust in them,” he said. “That’s what makes this game great. That’s across the board. You got to be able to rally it up and put pressure on yourself as an offense to do better. But you also just have to trust them. They’re working their tails off to get it fixed and clean it up.”

Witten said the game is already hard enough without believing you have to score every time you have the ball.

“It’s too hard of a game to try to put more on your shoulders,” he said. “Obviously, we have high expectations for ourselves on offense. You got to rely on that and trust that, and I’m sure they’re probably trusting us to do the same.”

The Cowboys’ offense ranks 22nd in the NFL, the first time under Tony Romo that it has been worse than 13th.

“I think it all works together,” Witten said. “Obviously, it was a tough game. I don’t think you look at it offensively and say we got to do more. It’s a tough league. You have to trust that. Obviously their offense is having success, but you have confidence in your defense, and they have confidence in us. That’s the way the games work. You lose together, you win together, and you build on that. I don’t think you can think of any of that other stuff. I know we don’t do that as a football team.”

-- Carlos Mendez

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The Colts of 2006 had a pretty bad defense and still won the Superbowl. The 2008 Cardinals were similar. Each found a way to play well in the playoffs, mainly because their offenses really hit their stride.

If Dallas can lean on its running game a bit more they have enough to legitimately get to the playoffs.

Top Bottom