Social Media and the DCC

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't care if someone made a banner with Jerry Jones, Larry Lacewell and Dave Campo in it. I just want the one we've got gone.

Landry, Garrett, and the pic of Garrett Photoshopped to look like Landry.

:towel

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I actually think putting Landry and Johnson on the banner wouldn't be a bad idea.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
We have quite a few that are good at photoshop on here. One of them should step up and make it happen.

But, we need to decide who to replace Ratliff with. I say Dez.

Photoshop work is part of my job, though not nearly as much as it used to be. I have it on my home computer as well. I can do whatever, just let me know what you guys want. Does anyone have a layered Photoshop file of the existing banner or just the jpg that is currently in place?

Cotton

Staff member
Photoshop work is part of my job, though not nearly as much as it used to be. I have it on my home computer as well. I can do whatever, just let me know what you guys want. Does anyone have a layered Photoshop file of the existing banner or just the jpg that is currently in place?
I think Thorn did the last one, so probably not. I may be wrong on that, though.

I would say just throw something together just Cowboys, nothing specific, and we can go from there. We can always work on a more specific banner at a later time. That is, if it's not too much of a pain in the ass to do. I know shit about photoshop.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I think Thorn did the last one, so probably not. I may be wrong on that, though.

I would say just throw something together just Cowboys, nothing specific, and we can go from there. We can always work on a more specific banner at a later time. That is, if it's not too much of a pain in the ass to do. I know shit about photoshop.
OK, I pulled that shitty jpg off the site and opened it up in Photoshop to get the proportions. I'll use the same background color and will come up with something. I'm losing the gay ass "#1 On the Net" tagline, that's one thing I know for sure. Might be a few days before I can really dedicate a lot of time to it but I'll have something soon and then I can tweak it as necessary once people have had a chance to see it.

Wait, should it still say Dallas Cowboys Central or should I use DCC Forums?

Cotton

Staff member
OK, I pulled that shitty jpg off the site and opened it up in Photoshop to get the proportions. I'll use the same background color and will come up with something. I'm losing the gay ass "#1 On the Net" tagline. Might be a few days before I can really dedicate a lot of time to it but I'll have something soon and then I can tweak it as necessary once people have had a chance to see it.
Props, brother.

Cotton

Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Ed, I would suggest putting something that honors the history of the franchise as well.

Maybe a mixture of the trophies, Landry, Jimmy, the triplets, and maybe Sean Lee and Dez throwing up the X just to have something current.

It doesn't have to be all of those things, but just a combination of some of those elements.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Ed, I would suggest putting something that honors the history of the franchise as well.

Maybe a mixture of the trophies, Landry, Jimmy, the triplets, and maybe Sean Lee and Dez throwing up the X just to have something current.

It doesn't have to be all of those things, but just a combination of some of those elements.
Oh, OK. So should I just go ahead and scrap what I've already started?

Cotton

Staff member
That's not funny, man.

Carl

RIP Brother
I think you should be asking for RT's from writers about the website, not asking them to follow; especially if your goal is to attract new members. Anyway, just my tuppence worth.

Cotton

Staff member
I think you should be asking for RT's from writers about the website, not asking them to follow; especially if your goal is to attract new members. Anyway, just my tuppence worth.
I figured I would try to establish us a little bit first before asking for retweets. The more that people see our tweets (more followers) the more retweets we can get. They see us ask Irvin for a retweet, they retweet as well. But, yeah, I agree, retweets are way more important than followers.

Carl

RIP Brother
I figured I would try to establish us a little bit first before asking for retweets. The more that people see our tweets (more followers) the more retweets we can get. They see us ask Irvin for a retweet, they retweet as well. But, yeah, I agree, retweets are way more important than followers.
I run a silly Cricket team in Los Angeles and have approached numerous Cricket writers from the UK asking them to RT about our club and a link to website, not one has ever refused. I find they are generally happy to help.

dallen

Senior Tech
I run a silly Cricket team in Los Angeles and have approached numerous Cricket writers from the UK asking them to RT about our club and a link to website, not one has ever refused. I find they are generally happy to help.
Please explain Cricket?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Top Bottom