NBA Chatter Thread

Jiggyfly

Banned
And the Rockets find another young piece to add to the puzzle.

Terrence Jones is now averaging 10.1 points and 6.5 rebounds, and 1.3 blocks per game on the young season, shooting 53% from the floor and 48% on 3′s. Per 36 minutes, these numbers come out to 15.8 points, 10.1 rebounds, and 2.1 blocks. The 21-year-old has thus far posted a PER of 19.1 (15 can be understood as the ‘average’ NBA player) while his team has posted a whopping 119 points per 100 possessions with him on the floor. As a starter, Jones has averaged 13.6 points and 8.6 rebounds and his team has gone 8-2. By the testimony of most interested observers, Jones’ insertion into the starting lineup (in place of center Omer Asik) has been the catalyst for Houston’s sudden turnaround after a disappointing early start.
This team is going to be real interesting come playoff time.:towel

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Anthony Davis out indefinitely with a broken left hand. I don't like to see injuries, but this helps the Sixers with the Pels pick. New Orleans has a pretty good team, but they play in the West where 12 of the top 14 records in the NBA are. One month into the season I like where Philly stands with their 2 #1's and this injury only helps.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Another big injury out west is JJ Redick. He broke a bone in his hand the other night and will be out for a couple of months.

Meanwhile the OKC Thunder are rolling along quite nicely. They swept a 6 game home stand. Beating the Spurs, Nuggets, Clippers, Warriors, and T-wolves in the process.

That's a very impressive slate.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Jones was an elite recruit coming out of high school, I like taking fliers on guys like that in the middle to late 1st round, and obviously later if possible.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Jones was an elite recruit coming out of high school, I like taking fliers on guys like that in the middle to late 1st round, and obviously later if possible.
I am amazed at his play so far, up until this point you could see the talent and skills, but he seemed to have no clue on how to use them properly, he always looked out of sync.

I know he will not keep shooting the 3 at this rate, but his 16 rebounds against the Spurs were eye opening.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I wanted Philly to grab him when they took Mo Harkless. I didn't mind the Harkless pick, but I like Jones a bit more.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I knew the East was bad, but my goodness....

They are a combined 13 and 59 vs the West this year - thirteen and fifty-nine.

:furley

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Bulls fans need Cleveland, New York and Brooklyn to go on streaks to knock us and the Bobcats out of the playoffs.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Mavs get their best win of the season last night by beating Portland on the road on a Monta Ellis buzzer beater.

13-8. :art

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
OKC beat the Pacers by 24.

Very impressive stuff, 1big.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Thanks. I do what I can.

Even invited Ramsey over from the Bud Lite commercials.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So after a great win at Portland, the Mavs turn around and lose to Sacramento.

:doh

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Pacers win the first match up between they and the Heat.

I think they'll beat them in the playoffs too.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Bulls lose to Milwaukee.

Seriously, if the front office has any fucking sense at all, they will scrap the team right now. They are 2-7 since Rose got hurt. Deal Deng and another player or two and this team can finish rock bottom, but come back next year with cap space, Derrick Rose, Nicola Mirotic, and two primo rookies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm all in on tanking but to be fair Butler, Deng and Noah were out on top of Rose of course, this particular game doesn't tell me anything about the team overall. I'd look to trade Deng just because it doesn't seem we are going to re-sign him and there's no real point to making the playoffs but I wouldn't just unload Noah or Gibson for a couple of ping pong balls, we'd have to be getting something legitimate back in return.

Rose, Butler, Mirotic, Noah, Gibson, 2 rookies and perhaps Snell is a decent little group.

To be quite honest all we need to do is trade Hinrich or have him get injured, with Teague starting at PG we'd have one of the 10 worst records, guaranteed.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Pacers win the first match up between they and the Heat.

I think they'll beat them in the playoffs too.
Didn't you and all the Heat haters say this last year? Eventually you'll be right.

Top Bottom