Week 6 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs. Packers | 10/16/2016

townsend

Banned
The Packers have pretty consistently set the tone for our entire season. 2007 win established us as the team to beat in 2007, the 2010 loss buried Wade Phillips, the 2013 meltdown established us as a 500 team that couldn't close. 2015 put us out of our misery by mathematically eliminating us from the playoffs.

This was a statement game, like the win in Seattle in 2014. But this time we get a bye instead of walking into a trap game. This time we have a strong rookie QB, instead of a gimpy vet. We've also gotten a lot more dominant wins than the 2014 squad. Overall we look more competitive than 2 years ago at this point.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
:lol

I didn't think you were the type to have your feelings hurt.

No feelings hurt here....just kinda wondering...did Lawrence even play today?

:unsure

data

Forbes #1
Still a young season, but a here's a developing trend I'm liking. In the past, it felt like we needed Romo's 4th qtr wizardry to pull out a win. These Cowboys seem to take a 2nd half lead and never relinquish.

UncleMilti

Staff member
I'll go ahead and admit...I was trying my best to throw some voodoo magic on the game clock, especially after the Packers scored to make it 27-16. I had visions of faggot Rodgers throwing up a hail mary with 12 seconds left in the game or some shit like that.

:budd

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Zeke has 703 yards rushing and is now 305 yards from breaking Tony Dorsett's Cowboy's rookie rushing record.

After 6 games.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Zeke has 703 yards rushing and is now 305 yards from breaking Tony Dorsett's Cowboy's rookie rushing record.

After 6 games.
This guy just keeps getting stronger as the game goes on. Really enjoyed him taking it to the "#1 ranked run D" to seal the game.

There wasn't a damn thing they could do to stop him either.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Just think.. We dropped 30 pts on GB in GB with no Dez.

Pretty fucking impressive.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Can I play?

Where you not the one saying how hopeless this defense was going to be.

:tippytoe
I've already stated that I was impressed by how well the defense has played- but lets not kid ourselves here. We got to Rodgers one or 2 times today, and he had all day to throw. Luckily for us, the Pack WR's are pretty pathetic this season.

Some of the lack of pressure was because of a 3 man rush, but the absolute vacuum of an overall pass rush against a solid OL is pretty concerning IMO.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

townsend

Banned
Still a young season, but a here's a developing trend I'm liking. In the past, it felt like we needed Romo's 4th qtr wizardry to pull out a win. These Cowboys seem to take a 2nd half lead and never relinquish.
It feels a lot like the type of dominance that the 90s Cowboys were known for. We just seem to pile on until the game's out of reach for the other team, and then cruise to the win.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I've already stated that I was impressed by how well the defense has played- but lets not kid ourselves here. We got to Rodgers one or 2 times today, and he had all day to throw. Luckily for us, the Pack WR's are pretty pathetic this season.

Some of the lack of pressure was because of a 3 man rush, but the absolute lack of an overall pass rush against a solid OL is pretty concerning IMO.
It is concerning no doubt but that also shows how great the secondary is playing.

And GB has a pretty good o-line one of the best we will see this year.

UncleMilti

Staff member
It is concerning no doubt but that also shows how great the secondary is playing.

And GB has a pretty good o-line one of the best we will see this year.
Jones, Claiborne and Brown are playing lights out. The weak link back there is still Carr, Heath, and Wilcox.

Hopefully, they have a place for Brown when Scandrick gets back. Kid is playing too well to take him off the field.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some of the lack of pressure was because of a 3 man rush, but the absolute vacuum of an overall pass rush against a solid OL is pretty concerning IMO.
Some of it also was because we had guys playing contain and shadowing Rodgers to prevent him from rushing for first downs. We clearly respected his ability to scramble. Something we didn't respect against a guy like Andy Dalton.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Some of it also was because we had guys playing contain and shadowing Rodgers to prevent him from rushing for first downs. We clearly respected his ability to scramble. Something we didn't respect against a guy like Andy Dalton.
Could be. Doesn't matter...damn it felt good to see those fucking Cheese Heads sitting with the pouty faces. That stadium was REAL quiet most of the 2nd half.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Could be. Doesn't matter...damn it felt good to see those fucking Cheese Heads sitting with the pouty faces. That stadium was REAL quiet most of the 2nd half.
Hell they were booing the Packers for a good portion of it which was great!

I said before this game that all I wanted to do was run the ball right up their ass to prove what frauds their run defense is and how truly dominant ours is. And in the end we did exactly that. The defense was great today. I don't think anyone should mistake them for an elite defense, they obviously have their flaws but I don't think this is a defense that people can claim will prevent us from competing with the big boys this year. This defense is good enough to allow us to hang with anyone.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Is it ok to begin homering out just a little? Nothing excessive, you understand.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is it ok to begin homering out just a little? Nothing excessive, you understand.
It's time, just like it was time in 2014 after we beat the Seahawks. The most exciting thing for me is to think about all the injured guys that could come back after the bye. Or guys playing hurt who may have a chance to heal up like all of our LTs.

Top Bottom