Sturm: What makes RB Lamar Miller the 'right guy' for the Dallas Cowboys

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It was reported earlier that the Jags were making a push for Malik Jackson and then less than 30 minutes later it was reported as a done deal. The further away from the report that the Texans are making a push for Miller without it being a done deal, the better, although at the end of the day I still think he ends up there.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:lol

What???

Miller is a clear cut #1 here.
We all think so but nothing from the front office has said as much. They seem very pleased with McFadden. Enough so that I don't think it's laughable to suggest that. I mean we all know how long it takes them to make obvious changes.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shame you youngsters didn't get proper exposure to it. It would have made you a better man. :art
I'd heard of it before but sort of like fried bologna, probably not something I'll ever want to eat unless I've run out of money and have no choice.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We all think so but nothing from the front office has said as much. They seem very pleased with McFadden. Enough so that I don't think it's laughable to suggest that. I mean we all know how long it takes them to make obvious changes.
Yeah, McFadden is coming off a 1000 yard season. I'm not sure a RB coming off an 800 yard season is assuming he will come to Dallas and just get all the carries. I'm sure McFadden isn't thinking that either.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, McFadden is coming off a 1000 yard season. I'm not sure a RB coming off an 800 yard season is assuming he will come to Dallas and just get all the carries. I'm sure McFadden isn't thinking that either.
McFadden is crap.

Hell, fuckin' Hambrick rushed for 970 plus back in the day.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'd heard of it before but sort of like fried bologna, probably not something I'll ever want to eat unless I've run out of money and have no choice.
I love fried bologna sandwiches also. Tomato lettuce and mayo.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
McFadden is crap.

Hell, fuckin' Hambrick rushed for 970 plus back in the day.
:lol

Yeah at 3.5 yards per carry. 4.6 ypc on the other hand ranks pretty well with RBs who had 200+ carries last year.

Any RB can approach 1000 yards with enough carries. Doing it while averaging over 4.5 per carry isn't so easy. Well unless you have the Cowboys offensive line.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like Ivory or Miller. I just think this market insures each will be paid way more than either deserve.
The running back position is one where contract values are trending the opposite direction.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The running back position is one where contract values are trending the opposite direction.
Let's hope Murray's deal puts people off even more.

I think Miller's age makes a long term (expensive) deal likely, and he's not the physical presence we really need anyways.

Ivory definitely is.

I'd love to see both he and his teammate Harrison wearing a star.

Then we're free to draft whomever we want.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd love to see both he and his teammate Harrison wearing a star.
There is no way we sign a 350 pound DT. He isn't really a great fit for this defense. I want some size at NT but we need someone who can also get upfield.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If I'm going to spend 6-7 million a year on a free agent I'd rather sign someone like Trevathan, Jaye Howard, George Iloka or Weddle on a short deal. 5, maybe 5.5 for Miller, nothing above that.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd also like to point out that Murray agreed to a 4 year, 25 million deal with 12 guaranteed with the Titans. This is basically the exact deal we offered him last year, maybe he should've thought twice about leaving.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'd also like to point out that Murray agreed to a 4 year, 25 million deal with 12 guaranteed with the Titans. This is basically the exact deal we offered him last year, maybe he should've thought twice about leaving.
But he left for about twice that amount.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The funny thing is, I'd bet Murray came to us for a trade with the eagles and offering that deal and we turned it down.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Good. Don't like him.

The only issue is why might be getting shut out of the RB sweepstakes again. But that said, they've seemed overpaid so far.
Yea although we'd be fine with a 2nd-4th round pick along with McFadden.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Good. Don't like him.

The only issue is why might be getting shut out of the RB sweepstakes again. But that said, they've seemed overpaid so far.
I think its because they believe in McFadden too much. I don't think they are even trying and wonder if our mention by Miller is to drive the price up for other teams. Maybe I'm too skeptical but that's just what I think is going on.

Top Bottom