7. NY Mets
8. Texas Rangers
9. Toronto Blue Jays
10. NY Yankees
GFY

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
One report out there that they think the Blue Jays tanked the last part of the season in order to face the AL West first instead of the Yankees. Reasons stated for this line of thinking were holding out Price from his start when you are in a race for best record and pitching Buerhle on one days rest in "order to give him 15 straight seasons of 200 innings pitched". Not sure I can believe they did but those reasons are head scratchers for a team in a race for top spot.

D

Deuce

One report out there that they think the Blue Jays tanked the last part of the season in order to face the AL West first instead of the Yankees. Reasons stated for this line of thinking were holding out Price from his start when you are in a race for best record and pitching Buerhle on one days rest in "order to give him 15 straight seasons of 200 innings pitched". Not sure I can believe they did but those reasons are head scratchers for a team in a race for top spot.
I don't buy it since I don't expect the Yanks to make it past tonight. A lot of their better players hit a major wall after the All Star break and they get Kuechel tonight.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I hate when managers overreact in a game. I understand this is the playoffs, but Kuechel gives up a hit and they jump up and get the bullpen going. It pumps the crowd up even more.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Gregorious should have been ejected...Bush league slide.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I hate that the Cubs won 97 games this season but if they lose this one game tonight they're done. I have no idea what to expect. Arrieta has been a total beast this year and has dominated the Pirates (and everyone else) recently. I could see that dominance happening or I could see the narrative being that he has been so dominant and then he finally has a bad game when it counts the most. Even if he has a good game the Pirates are damn good and Gerrit Cole is a stud pitcher in his own right.

Going to a bar downtown to watch the game with a local Cubs fan group. At least I'll be surrounded by other fans to either celebrate or commiserate with. Just got an e-mail informing us that the group sponsor Jagermeister will be there handing out free shots. I am staying far away from that since I have to drive my daughter to school in the AM/work tomorrow. However, if the Cubs lose I could see Jagerbombs and morning regret in my immediate future.

Rev

Staff member
Hope the Cubs win for you..

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Hope the Cubs win for you..
Thanks. It will be a bitter pill to swallow if they lose but if they do I temporarily become a big Pirates fan because fuck the Cardinals and their "Cardinal Way" bullshit.

Rev

Staff member
Yeah. Hard for me to root against either team so I will probably pull for tonight's winner for the NL. Maybe even the Mets so I won't be told to GFY. Can't have the cardinals win again. Yuck. Too much family in St. Louis.

D

Deuce

I think I'm rooting for anyone who comes out of the NL, regardless of if it's the Cards despite me being bored with them winning so much. Too many fun teams to watch in that race. The only way I can see my rooting for the AL is if it's the Royals or Astros against the Cards.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I have always kind of had a soft spot for the Pirates because that 1979 World Series is the first one I really remember paying close attention to and I loved that "We are family" Pirates team. I had one of those pillbox cap and everything. Tonight though, they are the enemy and must be defeated.

I won't hate it if the Mets win either because I have no real animosity towards that organization and I love the stable of young pitchers they have put together.

In the AL the Royals are hard to root against but they had their shot last year. If somehow the Cardinals do make the World Series again (I really just don't see it this year but it would be just like those MFers to do it again despite setback after setback from an injury standpoint) I really, really hope it is the Rangers that represent the AL. Would love it for Rangers fans if they could somehow earn redemption for 2011 by kicking the Cardinals asses.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I really like that Astros team. They have a chance to be real good for a long time. Hou and LA better take advantage of their youth now because once they get some pitching the Astros are set up to really going to kill it.

Correa, Altuve, Marisnick, Springer, Rasmus, Gomez...they have lots of talent. I like Tucker and Villar in particular.

They have some pitching coming along.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Very cool seeing non-traditional powers filling out the ALDS.

Kansas City
Texas
Houston
Toronto

Good stuff.

Top Bottom