Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
That's just it. They knew he wasn't a starter and signed him anyway just to prove to the fan base they were "on it" when instead they were getting lapped.
Yeah, but it's not like he's overpaid for what he can do, he just shouldn't have been the only guy we brought in.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yeah, but it's not like he's overpaid for what he can do, he just shouldn't have been the only guy we brought in.
McHamstring was a "political" signing. Convince Joe Fan that the Cowboys were on the job (even though the cupboard was bare). If he actually had anything left, so much the better.

The Cowboys inner circle had deluded themselves into thinking Joseph Randle was some kind of 1400 yard dynamo in waiting and thus truly felt they had already solved their problems with a 5th round "steal" in 2013. They were giddy with themselves and leaking this to whomever would listen.

Joseph Randle is why the Cowboys didn't draft anyone when everyone (except maybe c-rock) was screaming at them to do so.

They were so up their own asses about their offensive line and their draft gem Randle that they deluded themselves into believing the stupid stats based off 60-odd carries. They began playing down DeMarco Murray's amazing season and distancing themselves from him early in the offseason.

It was a lunacy we're paying the price for in a season that's borderline lost. We'd have been OK with Weeden if we could actually run the damned football when we need to.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joseph Randle is why the Cowboys didn't draft anyone when everyone (except maybe c-rock) was screaming at them to do so.
I had my RBs I wanted. No question about it. But I also think and continue to think McFadden is a waste of space. Dunbar I hated too but I've at least seen the utility of him as a receiver. Which meant I always thought we needed a RB to pair with Randle. I'm hoping now that it will be Christine Michael.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Agreed. He can't be worse. Pound him until he can't stand then run Randle all while throwing to McFadden.
He won't do any better unless the Dallas offense changes their game plans.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
McHamstring was a "political" signing. Convince Joe Fan that the Cowboys were on the job (even though the cupboard was bare). If he actually had anything left, so much the better.

The Cowboys inner circle had deluded themselves into thinking Joseph Randle was some kind of 1400 yard dynamo in waiting and thus truly felt they had already solved their problems with a 5th round "steal" in 2013. They were giddy with themselves and leaking this to whomever would listen.

They were so up their own asses about their offensive line and their draft gem Randle that they deluded themselves into believing the stupid stats based off 60-odd carries. They began playing down DeMarco Murray's amazing season and distancing themselves from him early in the offseason.

It was a lunacy we're paying the price for in a season that's borderline lost. We'd have been OK with Weeden if we could actually run the damned football when we need to.
Yeah but it's not like we signed him for 5 mil. He's making basically the league minimum, and to be a 3rd down block and catch back, that's completely fine. It's not a bad signing for value, just for his intended role.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Sounds like he's fat and out of shape.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The issue is that we used to get 4-6 yards on first down running last year.

We don't get that this year it seems.

That down and distance thing has a lot to do with situational football that we aren't that great at this season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The issue is that we used to get 4-6 yards on first down running last year.

We don't get that this year it seems.

That down and distance thing has a lot to do with situational football that we aren't that great at this season.
But last year we averaged over 6.8 yards to go on third down if I'm reading that stat correctly. How is that possible if we were consistently getting 4-6 on first down?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
But last year we averaged over 6.8 yards to go on third down if I'm reading that stat correctly. How is that possible if we were consistently getting 4-6 on first down?
Penalties can skew the stats. The offense had their share of those.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Easy, on some plays we didn't get 4-6 yards, we got 3 or less yards. Thus, second and 7 or more. It's the new math.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Because when we got 4+ yards on first down we rarely didn't convert on 2nd down. thus we only got to 3rd down when one or both of the previous downs was a disaster...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Because when we got 4+ yards on first down we rarely didn't convert on 2nd down. thus we only got to 3rd down when one or both of the previous downs was a disaster...
The stat math can also be 6 yards on first down a holding penalty then 3 yards on next first down. 4 yards on second down leaving third and 13. The exercise presented above isn't an absolute number but almost anything can become what doesn't add up with a simple exercise of first Plus second minus from 10 equals third down distance

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The stat math can also be 6 yards on first down a holding penalty then 3 yards on next first down. 4 yards on second down leaving third and 13. The exercise presented above isn't an absolute number but almost anything can become what doesn't add up with a simple exercise of first Plus second minus from 10 equals third down distance
Sure but are we going to act like that's what happened on our vast majoirty of third downs? We had lots of third downs last year, Romo just converted them like a god.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Sure but are we going to act like that's what happened on our vast majoirty of third downs? We had lots of third downs last year, Romo just converted them like a god.
Had to overcome a lot of penalties also.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I expect this season is not so good in that category.
It sure seems like it. Our only saving grace this year may be that we haven't had any super long PI's that I can think of. I'm guessing the total number of penalties is pretty high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom