Murray vs Peterson?

Jiggyfly

Banned
I did not think it would happen, but its starting to look more likely that Peterson will be out in Minnesota.

With his age and the controversy surrounding him I don't think it would take more than 5million per to sign him and we know he wants to play here.

So the question is, do you let Murray walk and sign Peterson for 3 years and draft a young middle round guy or sign Murray to about the same money for more years.

I think I would be leaning heavily toward Peterson if the money was equal on a shorter deal.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
If Murray signs a team friendly deal, why not sign Peterson to split carries with him? We know Murray won't likely be able to carry the full load again after what is almost certainly going to be a 400 carry season.

Jiggyfly

Banned
If Murray signs a team friendly deal, why not sign Peterson to split carries with him? We know Murray won't likely be able to carry the full load again after what is almost certainly going to be a 400 carry season.
Because you cannot afford both.

That will be at least 9 million tied up in your backfield and I doubt Peterson wants to be on a committee.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So the question is, do you let Murray walk and sign Peterson for 3 years and draft a young middle round guy or sign Murray to about the same money for more years.
Wear and tear + drama + age = NO!

If Murray prices himself out, I still don't want Peterson. RBs rarely fade gracefully. They usually hit a wall. Hard. I'm not willing to take that chance with him, considering all the extra baggage he'd be bringing with him.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Wear and tear + drama + age = NO!

If Murray prices himself out, I still don't want Peterson. RBs rarely fade gracefully. They usually hit a wall. Hard. I'm not willing to take that chance with him, considering all the extra baggage he'd be bringing with him.
I think the baggage makes him cheap and I could give a flying fuck what the media makes of it.

Peterson is a different animal as shown by how he bounced back from the knee surgery he also is getting a year off from the wear and tear.

I think this team has a 3 year window after this and Peterson is a better back than Murray so sign me up.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Feh.

Peterson has a lot more wear on his tires.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Baggage plus injury history makes me pass on him.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think the baggage makes him cheap and I could give a flying fuck what the media makes of it.

Peterson is a different animal as shown by how he bounced back from the knee surgery he also is getting a year off from the wear and tear.

I think this team has a 3 year window after this and Peterson is a better back than Murray so sign me up.
So you don't care what the media makes of it? Awesome. But something tells me what you think doesn't mean shit in an NFL locker room.

I think Peterson will play in the NFL again. And I think he should be afforded that opportunity. I would just prefer it not be here. The mileage he has, coupled with his age would be too much for me to want to sign him. Add the distraction of his charges, and it's a no brainer for me.

We always bitch about paying age and past production. No thank you to a 30+ year old RB with a lot of miles and one serious knee injury to his credit, regardless of WHO he once was.

Jiggyfly

Banned
So you don't care what the media makes of it? Awesome. But something tells me what you think doesn't mean shit in an NFL locker room.

I think Peterson will play in the NFL again. And I think he should be afforded that opportunity. I would just prefer it not be here. The mileage he has, coupled with his age would be too much for me to want to sign him. Add the distraction of his charges, and it's a no brainer for me.

We always bitch about paying age and past production. No thank you to a 30+ year old RB with a lot of miles and one serious knee injury to his credit, regardless of WHO he once was.
What effect do you think he would have on this lockerroom?

If McClain can walk right in and have zero issues I willing to bet Peterson would have zero problems. I doubt there will be much public backlash because this will not be a hot button issue by that time next year.

And what do you mean what he once was? You act like there has benn signs of slippage in his play, notice I said a 3 year deal at about 5 million per and thats with the cap going up.

The paying age argument fits big ticket aquisitions it really dose not apply here and you are jokoing comparing Petersons injury history to Murray's right?

If Murray had no injury history I would not entertain the thought but yeah he does and Peterson is a much better back so its worth thinking about.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
Peterson still has productive years ahead of him. Having said that, I highly doubt the price difference between Murray and AP would really lend itself favorably to going Peterson over DeMarco. And a move like this may not destroy the locker room, but it would upset the balance, and we'd be losing a guy who really seems like an unselfish, team oriented guy, versus a dude who didn't have enough brains to not smoke pot while he was out on bail.

I'm an OU guy, and I've always loved AP, but this would be the wrong move for Dallas. It's scary though, because this has Jerry Jones written all over it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I never said a single thing about Murray, his injuries, or resigning him. Much less comparing his injuries to Peterson's.

Quit making shit up to try and spin it around to fit your fantasy.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Seems like we had this conversation a little earlier and my opinion is the same Petersen is not that far from being worn too thin. I have strong ties to OU also and I had tons of respect for his accomplishments but he's a great stud that is about to head for the pasture. It is inevitable sooner rather than later. He has been in the league for 7 years if I'm not mistaken and that's much longer than the average.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'd take him if Murray went for huge dollars. I do not understand how he could do what he did, but I think now this team could handle a player like this. The media and fans forget fairly quickly.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I never said a single thing about Murray, his injuries, or resigning him. Much less comparing his injuries to Peterson's.

Quit making shit up to try and spin it around to fit your fantasy.
Well this was a thread about Murray vs Peterson so......................................:shrug

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well this was a thread about Murray vs Peterson so......................................:shrug
So that gives you license to make shit up?

The only time I've even mentioned Murray was to say if he prices himself out, I still wouldn't want Peterson.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Peterson still has productive years ahead of him. Having said that, I highly doubt the price difference between Murray and AP would really lend itself favorably to going Peterson over DeMarco. And a move like this may not destroy the locker room, but it would upset the balance, and we'd be losing a guy who really seems like an unselfish, team oriented guy, versus a dude who didn't have enough brains to not smoke pot while he was out on bail.

I'm an OU guy, and I've always loved AP, but this would be the wrong move for Dallas. It's scary though, because this has Jerry Jones written all over it.
In a perfect world I would be for keeping Murray but I am not sold on him staying healthy and his price is going up.

I don't see it affecting the locker room at all has Peterson ever been seen as selfish and players leave in free agency all the time.

So if Murray price is to high would you still not be for going after Peterson on the cheap?

Jiggyfly

Banned
So that gives you license to make shit up?

The only time I've even mentioned Murray was to say if he prices himself out, I still wouldn't want Peterson.
Dude calm the hell down this is a simple discussion geez.

What the hell did I make up, sorry if I thought Murray was a part of the equation in a topic about Murray vs Peterson.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Dude calm the hell down this is a simple discussion geez.

What the hell did I make up, sorry if I thought Murray was a part of the equation in a topic about Murray vs Peterson.
:lol
It would be a simple discussion if you'd stop making shit up. I was talking about Peterson, and only Peterson. Stating the case as to why I wouldn't sign him.

Oh, and to refresh your memory...

and you are jokoing comparing Petersons injury history to Murray's right?
Where did this happen? Hmmm?

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
In a perfect world I would be for keeping Murray but I am not sold on him staying healthy and his price is going up.

I don't see it affecting the locker room at all has Peterson ever been seen as selfish and players leave in free agency all the time.

So if Murray price is to high would you still not be for going after Peterson on the cheap?
I don't see how you can count on Peterson's health over Murray's, all things considered. And I didn't say Peterson was a bad teammate, just that Murray is one of those "guys" Garrett preaches about bringing in, and, well, AP isn't. Also, I highly doubt Murray would carry a price tag that much higher than Peterson. Sure, in Madden this is cool, but I wouldn't care for the move.

Top Bottom