Video of Police Traffic Stop

data

Forbes #1
Amazing

MIDDLEFIELD, Ohio - Dash cam video released from Middlefield police shows a man shooting at police with an assault rifle during a traffic stop in March.
During a news conference Friday, police showed the weapons and other items that were found in the suspect’s car.
According to police, officers pulled over James Gilkerson, 42, of Mentor-on-the-Lake, on March 10 for failing to stop at the intersection of East High Street and North State Avenue.
The video shows Gilkerson getting out of the car and firing an AK-47-style rifle at the police officers.
GRAPHIC VIDEO: Click on video player above to see unedited video of the ordeal. WARNING: Unedited clip shows officers killing suspect.
Officers Erin Thomas and Brandon Savage were injured by gunfire. Thomas was shot in the hand. Savage was able to fire back and strike Gilkerson.
Gilkerson then moves back toward his car and yells “kill me” while continuing to fire shots.
A report released by the Geauga County prosecutor’s office said Gilkerson fired 33 rounds at the officers. His gun had a 40-round magazine attached. Officer Savage fired 29 rounds.
Inside Gilkerson’s car, police found multiple loaded magazines and loads of ammunition, ski masks and gloves, military-style ammo cans, a scoped .22 caliber rifle, instructional DVDs and books such as “Kitchen Approved Plastic Explosives,” “Advance Close-Range Gunfighting,” Homemade Detonators” and others.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/oh_geauga/graphic-video-dash-cam-video-shows-deadly-shootout-with-middlefield-police-during-traffic-stop#ixzz2SR6dXMgg

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
People have gone fucking crazy.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
That's crazy. Random traffic stop likely thwarted another mass killing.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Yet another example of the police over stepping their bounds.

What a joke.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Damn, I felt for sure that troll attempt would get some butt hurt responses.

Bastids!

If any cop was justified, it's this guy.

Cotton

Staff member
Troll attempt denied.

In all seriousness if I had been on much today I would have taken the hook.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
A
Damn, I felt for sure that troll attempt would get some butt hurt responses.

Bastids!

If any cop was justified, it's this guy.
We are on to you. The jig is up.

midswat

... soon
Graphic? That wasn't graphic.

Now, this video.... this video ranks up there as one of the more disturbing ones I've ever seen. Probably because the cop seemed like a really easy going guy, had a wife who was preggo, died for no reason. Most of the action is off film, but you can hear him chocking on his own blood right at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PSE-EBKPls

Edit: Pretty sure I read where this video is now used as a training video for most police departments. Might explain why some cops are dickheads nowadays.

Cotton

Staff member

Now, this video.... this video ranks up there as one of the more disturbing ones I've ever seen. Probably because the cop seemed like a really easy going guy, had a wife who was preggo, died for no reason. Most of the action is off film, but you can hear him chocking on his own blood right at the end.

Edit: Pretty sure I read where this video is now used as a training video for most police departments. Might explain why some cops are dickheads nowadays.
I hope that fucker fried for that.

Kbrown

Not So New Member

I was shown this in an interview the other day, I guess so they could see if I was serious about the job.

Apparently when detectives asked the guy why he killed the deputy, he replied, "He let me."

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I was shown this in an interview the other day, I guess so they could see if I was serious about the job.

Apparently when detectives asked the guy why he killed the deputy, he replied, "He let me."
I don't believe they ever got to talk to the guy- I think they killed him in a shootout at his house. I may be wrong about that though.

What's more disturbing to me is the cop kept hollering at the guy when he clearly was sitting their loading his weapon. Why the cop didn't just start popping off rounds at the truck is beyond me (and the trainer who shows this vid says the same thing).

Absolutely sickening to hear the cop basically running for his life.

Cotton

Staff member
It's bullshit we are having to feed this fuckstick. He is ON FILM shooting the cop to death. What is there to appeal?

Kbrown

Not So New Member
It's bullshit we are having to feed this fuckstick. He is ON FILM shooting the cop to death. What is there to appeal?
He actually had his death sentence commuted at one point, but it was reinstated.

Cotton

Staff member
He actually had his death sentence commuted at one point, but it was reinstated.
WTF? What is wrong with this country?

Cotton

Staff member
I dunno, but has jeebus registered yet? I'd like him to tell us again how officer safety is no longer an issue in this country.
Watching that video made me want to kill that sonofabitch myself. I can't imagine why he wasn't executed as soon as his trial was over.

Oh yeah, he should get due process even though he is on tape shooting the cop to death. Our judicial system is screwed 3 ways to Sunday.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I dunno, but has jeebus registered yet? I'd like him to tell us again how officer safety is no longer an issue in this country.
No one cares about it in the prison system. I don't see why cops out in the free world should get special treatment.

Cotton

Staff member
No one cares about it in the prison system. I don't see why cops out in the free world should get special treatment.
Because they are getting put in the line of fire and putting their jobs on the line daily, maybe?

Kinda like this cop who got killed trying to maintain civil order.

Top Bottom