Christmas Gifts 2015

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Is this a wood working tool? :unsure
Yes sir. I've been wanting one for a few years but haven't been willing to spend that much on one. My wife and kids surprised the shit out of me.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yes sir. I've been wanting one for a few years but haven't been willing to spend that much on one. My wife and kids surprised the shit out of me.
I got rid of most of my shop power tools. I quit making stuff a long time ago. I still have a joiner and miter saw with a couple of spray paint systems and that's about it except power hand tools.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Wife also bought me this book.

Tom Landry.jpg

Carl

RIP Brother
I got let out of 6 days in the ICU because some idiot fractured my skull and left internal bleeding. What a year....at least when I got out I heard Pig Kelly had been fired. So not all bad.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I got let out of 6 days in the ICU because some idiot fractured my skull and left internal bleeding. What a year....at least when I got out I heard Pig Kelly had been fired. So not all bad.
Glad your out. Get well and hopefully it will be a better year for you.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Glad your out. Get well and hopefully it will be a better year for you.
I will take Carl's place as a hospital dweller next week. Gonna get a new knee. I hate the fact that I will be limited for 6 to 8 weeks.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I will take Carl's place as a hospital dweller next week. Gonna get a new knee. I hate the fact that I will be limited for 6 to 8 weeks.
I'm hearing lots of stories about knee replacements these days. Get well soon.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm hearing lots of stories about knee replacements these days. Get well soon.
There are some pretty good procedures these days. They will cap each joint rather than cutting it. It's a good rehab as well. I will be up on the leg within a few hoursof surgery.

dallen

Senior Tech
There are some pretty good procedures these days. They will cap each joint rather than cutting it. It's a good rehab as well. I will be up on the leg within a few hoursof surgery.
My friend's dad just got his knee replaced last year. He was slowed down for a little bit, but his recovery was surprisingly quick to me

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
My FIL got both of his done, and he had the spinal block with one and went under for the other. He would highly recommend you get put under. The anesthesia made him nauseated but he hated being able to feel them beating around on him.

D

Deuce

My FIL got both of his done, and he had the spinal block with one and went under for the other. He would highly recommend you get put under. The anesthesia made him nauseated but he hated being able to feel them beating around on him.
Not only that, but when you do the block the pain hits you like a ton of brinks when it's taken away. At least with anesthesia it's progressive.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I will be under and there is a possibility I will also have a spinal block because there was a discussion of where the titanium device was located in my back.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I will be under and there is a possibility I will also have a spinal block because there was a discussion of where the titanium device was located in my back.
I have known a few people that have gotten knees and hips replaced over the past few years. Obviously it is no fun to go through the procedure and rehab but everyone I know is much better for it when it is all said and done. Don't be shy about taking the pain pills they give you for recovery. No reason to be a tough guy about it.

I hope all goes well for you. Seems pretty routine these days so I imagine it will.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have known a few people that have gotten knees and hips replaced over the past few years. Obviously it is no fun to go through the procedure and rehab but everyone I know is much better for it when it is all said and done. Don't be shy about taking the pain pills they give you for recovery. No reason to be a tough guy about it.

I hope all goes well for you. Seems pretty routine these days so I imagine it will.
Thanks.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Same here, LT.

Tough it out, coot.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well goddamn, Irish. WTF.

I ignored this thread thinking it would be all about skid getting a tortilla maker, Ace getting a step stool, Iamtdg getting a joke kit from Santa, Mac found Wendy's Hot Sauce in his stocking and so on, only to find out that you got your head caved in and LT is becoming the bionic man.

Next Bob Roberts will show up and say he has spent the last nine months trapped under a morbidly obese woman that had to be cut out of her own house.

Top Bottom