Chip Kelly out in Philly?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This team has no real talent. Go ahead and hire Payton or whoever, it'd suck to some extent but they don't have players.

No QB, no RBs aside from an overused Murray who lost his heart when he left Dallas, mediocre WRs, a so so TE, a horrific OL and secondary and no real pass rushers.

All they have is Cox and a couple of other solid run defenders in the front 7, that's it.
That is mostly true, but they could hire Bozo The Clown and still steal a win from Garrett.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This team has no real talent. Go ahead and hire Payton or whoever, it'd suck to some extent but they don't have players.

No QB, no RBs aside from an overused Murray who lost his heart when he left Dallas, mediocre WRs, a so so TE, a horrific OL and secondary and no real pass rushers.

All they have is Cox and a couple of other solid run defenders in the front 7, that's it.

Yeah, the more I think about it, I can't imagine Payton would want any part of that QB situation.

The Giants on the other hand...

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
If they hire a quality HC you'll be surprised how fast they can right the ship and pass us by again.

That said, listening to WIP radio tonight is like finding another unopened Christmas present 4 days later.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Sal Palantonio saying that Lurie told Kelly he wanted to take back player personnel control.

Chip said no.

Lurie said clean out your desk then.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Shit. Payton to the giants is a good call. I could totally see it.
Well if it's between Philly and NYG I'd prefer he go to the Giants. And while I'd like to see Garrett get canned and Payton come here, which is a pipe dream, the part I'm not enamored with is his team's defense. Very good offensive coach but apparently knows nothing about defense or how to hire a good DC. Payton actually took Rob Ryan after he left here.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
At least he admits he made a mistake.

Meanwhile we get stuck with Jerruh "I believe we are closer than most people realize" Fucktard Jones.
Yep. And Jerry knows Garrett is a mistake he just won't do anything about it since he's comfortable with Garrett - and even if he made a change he knows he wants no part of an actual HC so we'll get more clapping...and you're like it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Well if it's between Philly and NYG I'd prefer he go to the Giants. And while I'd like to see Garrett get canned and Payton come here, which is a pipe dream, the part I'm not enamored with is his team's defense. Very good offensive coach but apparently knows nothing about defense or how to hire a good DC. Payton actually took Rob Ryan after he left here.
I agree but he had a good hire with gregggggg. Maybe he'd be happy with marinelli. I could live with that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Why have that conversation now as opposed to a week from now, though. Odd timing.
The timing is weird. But between Peters basically quitting the other night and Kelly saying he wanted Bradford back by hook or crook next year, I guess that made Lurie ask the question.

And when he said no, okay, bye.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I agree but he had a good hire with gregggggg. Maybe he'd be happy with marinelli. I could live with that.
I'd definitely take Payton over what we have now. I'm just not thrilled with the Saints defense since the SB year in '09. But we have several pieces in place and Marinelli could help that. But it's all a pipe dream since the boy wonder is entrenched here.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
With the money they gave Murray I'd say they keep him now. Be interesting to see who the new HC is and if Murray gets in a better suited system.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Payton still has a year left on his contract. The timing.could work out okay if Garrett screws the pooch again. I don't know if Payton still lives in the Dallas area but not too long ago his family was still here..

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
The problem is I doubt Jerry would even want Payton even if Garrett ever gets the ax. Payton is not only a name HC that Jerry shies away from but also a Parcells guy.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'd definitely take Payton over what we have now. I'm just not thrilled with the Saints defense since the SB year in '09. But we have several pieces in place and Marinelli could help that. But it's all a pipe dream since the boy wonder is entrenched here.
He'd probably keep Spagnuolo, who is a competent DC, if he went to NY. So, I don't see much of a reason to call his defensive hires a potential weakness if he goes there.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Yeah the timing is curious. Especially since they waited a couple days after their previous game.

I wonder if him deflecting blame in his press conference yesterday moved up the timeline.
I think they may have an idea who they want and want to get ahead of the game hiring the next guy, maybe they have an eye on a college coach or are considering giving Shurmur the job on a permanent basis after getting the Rooney Rule out of the way.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It is simpler than all the conjecture. According to reports on the media, Lurie wanted back control over personnel and Kelly said no. Lurie then exercised his executive privilege and told him to hit the bricks.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
His arrogant ass deserves it.

Top Bottom