13. Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
14. Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State
15. Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama
16. William Jackson III, CB, Houston
17. A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
18. Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State
19. Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia
20. Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
This is why I want to trade down. I honestly think these guys are right up there with most of the top 10 guys anyway. I'd be thrilled coming away with any of them in the first.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
This is why I want to trade down. I honestly think these guys are right up there with most of the top 10 guys anyway. I'd be thrilled coming away with any of them in the first.
I think a trade to the 7-9 range we could still possibly have someone like Bosa, Buckner or even Elliot available. Any further and I like Rankins, Lynch and Robinson. I wouldn't take Joseph in the teens of round 1 and probably not Jackson.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't take Joseph in the teens of round 1 and probably not Jackson.
A month ago I would have agreed with you but the more I watch of these guys the more I like. They are game changing defensive players.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also keep in mind Karl Joseph was a 30 man predraft visit that has really gone under the radar.

dallen

Senior Tech
In the second I'd like one of these:

25. Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor
27. Josh Doctson, WR, TCU
30. Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson
31. Vernon Butler, DE, Louisiana Tech
You'll get Hunter Henry and like it

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Why? What about each guy makes you think they aren't worth a 15-20 pick?
No, not because they're DB's. Ramsey is a DB, and even though I don't want him at 4, I think he's a top 10 pick, definitely top 20. Hargreaves would also be a quality top 10-20 pick.

With Joseph and Jackson I just think 15-20 is a little high for them, especially Joseph. I'd be more comfortable getting value with those two in the 20's of the first.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
No, not because they're DB's. Ramsey is a DB, and even though I don't want him at 4, I think he's a top 10 pick, definitely top 20. Hargreaves would also be a quality top 10-20 pick.

With Joseph and Jackson I just think 15-20 is a little high for them, especially Joseph. I'd be more comfortable getting value with those two in the 20's of the first.
Ya know, funny thing is... Jackson and Hargreaves are probably better corners than Ramsey. Joseph a better safety. But for some reason, Ramsey should go higher than them. Cuz' he can play both, I guess. Unfortunately, not at the same time.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Based on these rankings there are so many permutations that would be absolutely amazing, off the top of my head: Elliott/Billings/Ronald Blair or Bosa/Clark/Ken Dixon. I'd also love Sean Davis, Josh Perry, Connor Cook or Kendall Fuller in the 3rd.

Of course we're probably going to end up with Ramsey/Boyd/Prescott.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
especially Joseph. I'd be more comfortable getting value with those two in the 20's of the first.
Other then his size, what don't you like about Joseph? I guess when I look at him I see everything you want in a safety. Does the guy fly all over the field hitting people? Yep. So if your tired of seeing Wilcox and Church taking poor angles and missing tackles this guy will change that. He is like a heat seeking missile. If you catch a ball at 4 yards, he is going to plant you there. No more of this bullshit 4 yards being turned into 10 yards and a first down.

But beyond just his ability to make plays all over the field on the ground he makes plays with the ball in the air too. Had 5 picks in like 4 games this past year and they weren't all just by luck. This guy knows how to break on the ball and get their before the receiver does. I've seen him track deep balls over his head and make the INT.

To me his only real weakness is that he is 5'9" 205 pounds. Of course Earl Thomas is right up there as possibly the best safety in the NFL and he is what, 5'10" 202 pounds? Of course Earl Thomas doesn't even throw his body around the way that Joseph does.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ya know, funny thing is... Jackson and Hargreaves are probably better corners than Ramsey. Joseph a better safety. But for some reason, Ramsey should go higher than them. Cuz' he can play both, I guess. Unfortunately, not at the same time.
That's my opinion at this point. Especially since we already have Jones in the fold who gives us that versatility. Meaning if you need to flop a guy from one position to the other you already would do that with Jones. There is no value in having a second guy like that in my opinion.

To me if Dallas wants a corner, get Jackson. If Dallas wants a safety, get Joseph. And the beauty of it is you can get an extra second in the process. I understand that Ramsey is a special athlete. ESPN had their draft Sports Science stuff on last night and he was basically off the charts from anything they had seen. That's all great, but why in the hell haven't we seen that on the field in terms of INTs and PDs. Or even just awesome tackling all over the place.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That's my opinion at this point. Especially since we already have Jones in the fold who gives us that versatility. Meaning if you need to flop a guy from one position to the other you already would do that with Jones. There is no value in having a second guy like that in my opinion.

To me if Dallas wants a corner, get Jackson. If Dallas wants a safety, get Joseph. And the beauty of it is you can get an extra second in the process. I understand that Ramsey is a special athlete. ESPN had their draft Sports Science stuff on last night and he was basically off the charts from anything they had seen. That's all great, but why in the hell haven't we seen that on the field in terms of INTs and PDs. Or even just awesome tackling all over the place.
The guy did have 10 TFL, 3 sacks and 3 FF's in 2014 which is pretty ridiculous for a DB, and he even managed 2 INT's. Perhaps the guy really is much more effective at safety than CB. If he had put up back to back seasons like that playing safety I'd be much more comfortable taking him at 4.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The guy did have 10 TFL, 3 sacks and 3 FF's in 2014 which is pretty ridiculous for a DB, and he even managed 2 INT's. Perhaps the guy really is much more effective at safety than CB. If he had put up back to back seasons like that playing safety I'd be much more comfortable taking him at 4.
He was basically running corner blitzes a lot there. I think he is actually a very strong tackler. But the guy was lined up near the line of scrimmage going unblocked most of the time. In the game film I watched Ramsey was basically playing zone coverage and if no receiver was lined up on his side he didn't move and would just come right after the QB unblocked. I imagine that's how he was able to get a number of the TFLs as well.

I do like the FF's but it just seems like such a fluky stat to me. After getting beat by the Miami TE Ramsey did do a nice job of knocking the ball out for the FF on at least one play I can recall. I like the FF but being beat but a big slow TE is also concerning. I think Ramsey could be a very good safety in the NFL. The only thing I didn't like was that he seems slow in recognizing and breaking on balls in front of him. Not really a quality I want in a safety.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He was basically running corner blitzes a lot there. I think he is actually a very strong tackler. But the guy was lined up near the line of scrimmage going unblocked most of the time. In the game film I watched Ramsey was basically playing zone coverage and if no receiver was lined up on his side he didn't move and would just come right after the QB unblocked. I imagine that's how he was able to get a number of the TFLs as well.

I do like the FF's but it just seems like such a fluky stat to me. After getting beat by the Miami TE Ramsey did do a nice job of knocking the ball out for the FF on at least one play I can recall. I like the FF but being beat but a big slow TE is also concerning. I think Ramsey could be a very good safety in the NFL. The only thing I didn't like was that he seems slow in recognizing and breaking on balls in front of him. Not really a quality I want in a safety.
Yea I mean that's why he'd probably be more of the box safety while Jones is the one who plays back with the range, it'd just be intriguing because Ramsey of course has great range and athleticism too.

Top Bottom