Sturm's Morning After: Cowboys Get Big Win From The Coaching Staff

townsend

Banned
Seems like Schwartz went into the game with a mentality that he was going to force Dak to beat him deep, by focusing on pressure and taking away the short passes Dak's been making his living with. It worked too, for a while.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have we ever seen Garrett out-coach an opponent before now?
I actually think we were out coached for a lot of the Eagles game. They were doing things that we did not look prepared for at all.

Of course on that fake punt we did out coach them and it was a brilliant move. The Dak run on 4th and 1 was more ballsy then great coaching. You have a QB who runs like a RB so you let him push the pile for a yard.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I actually think we were out coached for a lot of the Eagles game. They were doing things that we did not look prepared for at all.
did you not see the numerous brain farts by Pederson?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
did you not see the numerous brain farts by Pederson?
Well I saw a defense that out schemed us most of the day.

Nothing they did on offense impressed me but when they went no huddle on offense we seemed clueless on how to handle it.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Well I saw a defense that out schemed us most of the day.

Nothing they did on offense impressed me but when they went no huddle on offense we seemed clueless on how to handle it.
That put some pressure on new Philadelphia coach Doug Pederson, and given some of the late game decisions he made - a horizontal play that took his own team out of field goal range and not calling any timeouts at the end of regulation to force a punt - it was clear that the difference in coaching decisions in the 2nd half and overtime made the difference in the game.

Top Bottom