Must See Movies

Carp

DCC 4Life
There are loads of rumours doing the rounds about characters like Batgirl appearing in Batman v Superman and Black Canary showing up in Justice League, and regardless of how many of those pan out, it's clear that Warner Bros. are building the ranks of their Cinematic Universe up very quickly. With Will Smith set to take on a leading role in Suicide Squad next year, it should come as no surprise to learn that he too is set to make his presence felt outside of that franchise. According to Latino-Review, he's keen to be a big part of the studio's plans moving forward, and that could include an appearance in The Batman. In fact, they add that "If Deadshot joins the Bat in the movie, it will be for a "major role" for a "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" scenario." Having these two team-up will be very interesting, and the Caped Crusader may just need all the help he can get with the Red Hood and The Joker setting their sights on Gotham City.

Jiggyfly

Banned
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...he-dark-tower/

Two major stars could be climbing Stephen King’s The Dark Tower. One hopes to cancel the apocalypse…

Supreme badass Idris Elba is in early talks to play gunslinger Roland Deschain in The Dark Tower, with Matthew McConaughey in negotiations to play the villainous Man in Black, TheWrap writes.

Sony Pictures and MRC are co-financing the ambitious feature film, which Nikolaj Arcel will direct from a script by Akiva Goldsman and Jeff Pinkner that’s primarily based on the first book in King’s series, “The Gunslinger.” Arcel is currently working with Oscar-winning Danish filmmaker Anders Thomas Jensen (Election Night) to rewrite the script.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

Two major stars could be climbing Stephen King’s The Dark Tower. One hopes to cancel the apocalypse…

Supreme badass Idris Elba is in early talks to play gunslinger Roland Deschain in The Dark Tower, with Matthew McConaughey in negotiations to play the villainous Man in Black, TheWrap writes.

Sony Pictures and MRC are co-financing the ambitious feature film, which Nikolaj Arcel will direct from a script by Akiva Goldsman and Jeff Pinkner that’s primarily based on the first book in King’s series, “The Gunslinger.” Arcel is currently working with Oscar-winning Danish filmmaker Anders Thomas Jensen (Election Night) to rewrite the script.

Que the he can't play him because he's black BS.

dallen

Senior Tech

Elba and McConaughey seem like prefect casting to me. I've only read the first couple books though

Jiggyfly

Banned
My only question about it is, wouldn't it ruin some of the racial tension with Susannah?
Good point.

But how much is that a central plot point?

I remember it being resolved pretty quickly in the book but It's been a long time since I read it.

D

Deuce

Good point.

I remember it being resolved pretty quickly in the book but It's been a long time since I read it.
I've only read through the first 3 so I don't know how long it lasted or if it became a recurring theme.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'm a little underwhelmed with the X-Men trailer...the big reveal was Professor X going bald? Feh.

I am optimistic thought because I really like First Class and DOFP.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Good point.

I think it is important to the relationship. Her character is intentionally distrustful of white people because of her world view.

Change Roland to black, then make her a white power activist.

Or just re-write the entire character profiles for both to fit casting choices.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
American Ultra was entertaining. Not super awesome, but well worth the time, IMO.

D

Deuce

American Ultra was entertaining. Not super awesome, but well worth the time, IMO.
I almost watched it today, but ended up going with the Ridiculous 6.

If it weren't for being free on Netflix, I wouldn't tell anyone to waste their time. But the small handful of lol moments made it worth it.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think it is important to the relationship. Her character is intentionally distrustful of white people because of her world view.

Change Roland to black, then make her a white power activist.

Or just re-write the entire character profiles for both to fit casting choices.
At some point you're getting into Lawnmower Man territory where you're saying you're adapting a Stephen King novel but you're just borrowing the title.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
At some point you're getting into Lawnmower Man territory where you're saying you're adapting a Stephen King novel but you're just borrowing the title.
It'll be hard enough just to adapt this to the screen, throwing in having to rewrite the story to fit casting choices seems like a recipe for failure imo. I think the smart move would be to talk McConaughey into the Roland role and have Elba as the Man in Black

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I almost watched it today, but ended up going with the Ridiculous 6.

If it weren't for being free on Netflix, I wouldn't tell anyone to waste their time. But the small handful of lol moments made it worth it.
We watched that last night as well. Couple of chuckles, but that's about it. Even free, I wish I had those two hours back.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It'll be hard enough just to adapt this to the screen, throwing in having to rewrite the story to fit casting choices seems like a recipe for failure imo. I think the smart move would be to talk McConaughey into the Roland role and have Elba as the Man in Black
:lol @ your avatar. Nice.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'm not as in love with Elba as everyone seems to be. I don't think he'd be a good Roland or a good MiB.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I'm not as in love with Elba as everyone seems to be. I don't think he'd be a good Roland or a good MiB.
He wouldn't be my first choice either, I think Javier Bardem would make a great MiB

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
He wouldn't be my first choice either, I think Javier Bardem would make a great MiB
I'm pretty much on board with McConaughey playing a grinning sociopath. I think that's an interesting role for him. I'd go with Christian Bale for Roland.

Top Bottom