Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:unsure

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I feel like, at this point, player conduct should be enforced by the teams, and the NFL should punish the teams if their players keep effing up.
I would be down with that.

Cotton

Staff member

Holy crap. Almost 20 years. But, we want to see them at full strength and all that nonsense.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

Not gonna happen this year either.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Holy crap. Almost 20 years. But, we want to see them at full strength and all that nonsense.
To be fair it's not like we play them every year. It would make far more sense to state how many times they have beaten us in a row. Which I have no idea. Because we don't play them that often.

Cotton

Staff member
To be fair it's not like we play them every year. It would make far more sense to state how many times they have beaten us in a row. Which I have no idea. Because we don't play them that often.
I'm too lazy to look it up, but still 20 years is a long time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm too lazy to look it up, but still 20 years is a long time.
That's only 4 games though. Hell it wasn't even that recent that we lost to them last. We last played them in 2011 I believe and it was a close 20-16 game. We beat them in 1996 so it's actually less then 20 years also...

Honestly that history has no bearing on how the Cowboys/Patriots game will end up. It's not the same as saying the Eagles have beat us 4 times straight. Heck most of our roster probably doesn't even remember that last Patriots/Cowboys game.

Cotton

Staff member
That's only 5 games though. Hell it wasn't even that recent that we lost to them last. We last played them in 2011 I believe and it was a close 20-16 game.

Honestly that history has no bearing on how the Cowboys/Patriots game will end up. It's not the same as saying the Eagles have beat us 5 times straight. Heck most of our roster probably doesn't even remember that last Patriots/Cowboys game.
They have beaten us 5 times in a row over a spanse of 20 years. It's significant.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They have beaten us 5 times in a row over a spanse of 20 years. It's significant.
I got that wrong. I included that 1996 game as a loss. We've actually only lost 4 straight. And that starts in 1999. It's really not significant at all. Statistically it's pretty insignificant.

Cotton

Staff member
I got that wrong. I included that 1996 game as a loss. We've actually only lost 4 straight. And that starts in 1999. It's really not significant at all. Statistically it's pretty insignificant.

Cotton

Staff member
How is that significant?

How can playing a team 4 times in 20 years be significant?
Because they have beaten us with at least 3 completely different teams. Whereas, if we got beat by the Eagles 4 years in a row, it would be basically the same team playing against each other all four years.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Both teams are different now. Past history is just that. History. If everything were the same you could make a case for history but they aren't.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Because they have beaten us with at least 3 completely different teams. Whereas, if we got beat by the Eagles 4 years in a row, it would be basically the same team playing against each other all four years.
So Quincy Carter being beat 10-15 years ago means what exactly? Do you think it makes the Patriots more likely to beat us next year? In your example I'd at least say maybe the Eagles have our number. The Patriots I'd say that's just a random statistic. The longer period of time you expand 4 wins over the less important that statistic is.

Cotton

Staff member
So Quincy Carter being beat 10-15 years ago means what exactly? Do you think it makes the Patriots more likely to beat us next year? In your example I'd at least say maybe the Eagles have our number. The Patriots I'd say that's just a random statistic. The longer period of time you expand 4 wins over the less important that statistic is.
I'm bored at home as much as anything. Oh, and BTW, I never said the stat supported the Pats beating us yet again this year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm bored at home as much as anything. Oh, and BTW, I never said the stat supported the Pats beating us yet again this year.
Well that makes sense. Yeah I was just trying to figure out what you thought the meaning was. Fact of the matter is the Patriots are going to be a bitch to beat this year now that Brady will be in the lineup. We certainly have the talent to do it, but Garoppolo would have been a ton easier to face.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Well that makes sense. Yeah I was just trying to figure out what you thought the meaning was. Fact of the matter is the Patriots are going to be a bitch to beat this year now that Brady will be in the lineup. We certainly have the talent to do it, but Garoppolo would have been a ton easier to face.
With Hardy likely to get his suspension canceled as well I'm liking the odds of our pass rush in that game getting to Brady.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Heck most of our roster probably doesn't even remember that last Patriots/Cowboys game.
That last game was when we had no way to control the game and keep Brady off the field because our OL sucked. I think we went three and out for like five yards and gave Brady the ball back. This should be a different kind of OL and different kind of defense.

I like how we match up in some ways, but not in others. I don't think we can handle their offense schematically. If we had a real running game it would help.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That last game was when we had no way to control the game and keep Brady off the field because our OL sucked. I think we went three and out for like five yards and gave Brady the ball back. This should be a different kind of OL and different kind of defense.

I like how we match up in some ways, but not in others. I don't think we can handle their offense schematically. If we had a real running game it would help.
Easy-- run 50-50 play selection and play pass-first on defense. Let the back seven handle the run while the DL pins their ears back. Lee will get at least one pick.

Pats D from last year couldn't have stopped Dallas' 2014 offense. Both units are weaker with the losses of Wilfork, Revis, and Murray, but I think Dallas' offense was weakened less than New England's defense.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Are they the same thing? Hardy was suspended for some kind of domestic thing as I recall. Will this fall under the same judicial mindset?
The Peterson and Brady decisions were very similar. Both revolved around the fact that the league had no precedent of punishment for the players' respective actions WHEN the actions occurred. Nor has it been ratified by the CBA and passed out to players in written conduct policies that these are (or will be) the suspensions for these behaviors.

In Brady's case, there is no history of the league punishing players with suspensions at all for tampering with balls (the judge cited other ball tampering cases in league history that only merited fines).

In Peterson's case, the guy plead guilty to child abuse. The judge in his case found that there was no precedent to continue to suspend Peterson indefinitely.

When Hardy committed his abuse ALLEGEDLY -- which oh, by the way, he was acquitted of, so legally and technically, he did not do it -- there was no precedent for suspending domestic abusers for 4 games (let alone ten). I forget if the the judge said the precedent for Peterson was 2 or 0, but Hardy basically already served 15.

I bet he'd get reinstated ASAP as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom