Free Agency Chatter...

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Schefter reported that the 2nd rounder to the Rams isn't conditional. If Bradford doesn't start at least 50% of time then Eagles will get a 4th back. If he gets injured they'll get a 3rd. But that 2nd is the Rams to keep.
They may have just downgraded and paid a 2nd to do so.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I was away all day yesterday, am just catching up and I can't believe some of the deals today. I think it's probably the craziest first day of free agency I've ever seen. I stopped by one Eagles board and most of them were livid. I can't imagine Kelly seeing Bradford as an answer at QB and if he's thinking of packaging him to move up for Mariotta, well, who the hell would give up a high first for a QB coming off of two consecutive ACL injuries in the last year of a contract that's going to cost them $12M? I think Kelly must have brought a big supply of the good stuff with him to Philly. There are a bunch of people replying to the NFL.com article about it saying it's part of Kelly's master plan. Wait and see, I guess.

Some of the contracts are far out too, it makes me kind of glad we didn't jump in feet first.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

So they replace Foles and McCoy with Bradford and Matthews. Interesting.

Also means Eagles won't get Murray.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

So they replace Foles and McCoy with Bradford and Matthews. Interesting.

Also means Eagles won't get Murray.
Talk about a team in IR by week 6.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Talk about a team in IR by week 6.
No shit. Philly's offense may suck out loud at this rate. They'll have a backup QB and a backup RB as full time starters by mid season because Bradford will either be knocked out for multiple games or just miss time in multiple games, Matthews is all but guaranteed to miss 4+ games, their o-line is mediocre (regardless as to how good Philly fans claim it is), their WR core is garbage, they have two slightly above average TEs, and Darren Sproles.

Not a terribly intimidating unit, there. And it will get even worse when you factor in how bad Philly's defense is going to be.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Eagles also signed former Seattle CB Walter Thurmond...from Oregon.

Can't wait to see the Eagle's player intro's on Monday Night Football next year. ...from Oregon...from Oregon...from Oregon...

Carp

DCC 4Life
I really think that it is down to us and the Jags for Murray. The Raiders are supposedly still in it, but I don't buy it. I just wish one way or another that he'd sign somewhere.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I really think that it is down to us and the Jags for Murray. The Raiders are supposedly still in it, but I don't buy it. I just wish one way or another that he'd sign somewhere.
Well, I don't think he's close to signing because I don't think he's received a formal offer.

My guess is there have been some discussions and contract talks, but no offers.

D

Deuce

Dolphins released DT Randy Starks. I think he would be nice addition.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

Carp

DCC 4Life
I like all 3.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Wonder how interested we really are with Hardy considering his domestic abuse issues.

Top Bottom