Murray watch thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If we sign Hardy, I don't care if we use our first round pick on Gurley and waive goodbye to Murray.

That may have more to do with Hardy though.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yea, I'll gladly take Hardy and Gordon or Gurley over Murray.

dallen

Senior Tech
I'm hoping he does go.

Guy slowed down noticeably later in the season. He's a fumbler.

He just isn't worth a big contract.
I won't be devastated if he goes and gets himself a $9mil a year deal. If someone else gets him for $5-7mil that would suck

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea, I'll gladly take Hardy and Gordon or Gurley over Murray.
Essentially if you had to pick between Hardy/Gordon or Murray/Odighizuwa I think it's a pretty easy choice. I'd take Hardy and Gordon or Gurley every day of the week. Behind this offensive line both guys would look great.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I won't be devastated if he goes and gets himself a $9mil a year deal. If someone else gets him for $5-7mil that would suck
The only way that sucks to me is if we proceed to then only sign guys like Terrell McClain in free agency.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The only way that sucks to me is if we proceed to then only sign guys like Terrell McClain in free agency.
And what leads you to think we won't do just that very thing? It is a pretty decent possibility.

HAI GUYZ WE GOT ADrIAN CLayBORn!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And what leads you to think we won't do just that very thing? It is a pretty decent possibility.

HAI GUYZ WE GOT ADrIAN CLayBORn!
I like Clayborn, but that's partially an Iowa thing.

I don't think we just cleared 8 mil with Tyrone Smith to sit on our ass and do nothing. That's why.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I like Clayborn, but that's partially an Iowa thing.

I don't think we just cleared 8 mil with Tyrone Smith to sit on our ass and do nothing. That's why.
They cleared $8M to handle the franchise tag with Bryant and also the new Beasley deal.

Sorry, they weren't loading up for shit. I feel sorry for you if you fell for that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They cleared $8M to handle the franchise tag with Bryant and also the new Beasley deal.

Sorry, they weren't loading up for shit. I feel sorry for you if you fell for that.
We started with just under 20 mil. We didn't need the extra 8 to do either of those deals.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We started with just under 20 mil. We didn't need the extra 8 to do either of those deals.
The Smith thing was a built in trigger that the Cowboys were doing regardless. It is basically a parachute. It is not an action meant to predict or execute free agent activity.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Smith thing was a built in trigger that the Cowboys were doing regardless. It is basically a parachute. It is not an action meant to predict or execute free agent activity.
No reason to do it if you don't intend to spend it. You don't take a second mortgage out on your house to save the money in the bank.

On a side note you're such a dream crusher. I hope Joseph Randle is our starter next year just out of spite.

dallen

Senior Tech
If they really weren't going to spend it you'd think they'd leave it on this year's cap and free up some space later though. But who knows?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
No reason to do it if you don't intend to spend it. You don't take a second mortgage out on your house to save the money in the bank.
They'll spend it. When they dumpster dive in a few weeks, they will.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They'll spend it. When they dumpster dive in a few weeks, they will.
This is my exact fear. It's why I mentioned McClain. I could see Dallas signing 3-4 guys who barely deserve to make a roster as opposed to signing one legit stud and filling those backup/role spots on the cheap.

p1_

DCC 4Life
This is my exact fear. It's why I mentioned McClain. I could see Dallas signing 3-4 guys who barely deserve to make a roster as opposed to signing one legit stud and filling those backup/role spots on the cheap.
I think we have fear of another Brandon Carr signing.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If we sign Hardy, I don't care if we use our first round pick on Gurley and waive goodbye to Murray.

That may have more to do with Hardy though.
I could get behind that. I didn't want to use our first on a RB, but that would make it much more palatable.

hstour

Brand New Member

Here is their current cap situation (up to date as of today). Teams are only measured on the Top 51 for now, so they do have money to spend.

Top Bottom