Week 9 Gameday Chatter | Cardinals vs. Cowboys| 11/02/2014

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Could the rookie QB have been worse that Weeden today?

I doubt it and he could have gotten valuable game experience.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Could the rookie QB have been worse that Weeden today?

I doubt it and he could have gotten valuable game experience.
I thought that myself...when the WRs got bumped at the line it threw off the timing of Weeden.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The worst part of this whole thing is that as bad as Weeden was we had a legit shot to win. The D did their job...holding down Az for the most part.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The worst part of this whole thing is that as bad as Weeden was we had a legit shot to win. The D did their job...holding down Az for the most part.
Yep, this lies solely at the feet of Weeden and the coaching. Specifically Linehan.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Sorry...not hanging this on Garrett. Weeden made so many bad throws it was ridiculous. Bad on the GM for not having a better back up QB.
We had a better one bet decided to release him rather than waiting him out.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
No one cares.

We just got the shit beat out of us by our spouse again and are in shelter mode.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
The point is a lot of people here got sucked into believing this was a good team, and now they are probably getting filmed for youtube videos.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
We're a good team when completely healthy. That's it.

Now you can see how bad the team starts to get when you have to play guys like Weeden, Parnell, and Berny.

Just wait until Crawford and McClain are out.
Nonsense, I've been told Parnell and Bernadeau are just fine and one or two OLs dont matter anyway.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Just think... if we abandoned the run with Weeden at QB imagine the lack of faith in Linehan when Romo comes back.
Two straight weeks where Murray only ran it 19 times. Two losses. If only there was some sort of trend or something we could do to help reverse this string of bad luck.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think the last two opponents we've faced have actually been more or less selling out to stop the run and deciding that they'll make us beat them through the air, and we haven't been able to.

I know everyone thinks giving thirty carries to Murray means an automatic W but I don't agree. Teams are just not going to let you steamroll them for 16 straight weeks, they are putting WAY too many guys in the box and we were forced into a lot more third and longs today because of it, as opposed to weeks ago when we were getting lots of third and shorts.

I think the biggest failing right now is the offensive staff having absolutely no answer to making these defenses back off. They seem incapable of making them pay downfield or with short stuff consistently either. I'm sure a lot of that today was Weeden but for 3 quarters last week with Romo they didn't have an answer either.

IMO "ignoring the run" is a stupid complaint; it's the lack of success in the air when we do pass. It has to be efficient, which will lead to more run opportunities. Right now, the passing game looks lost.

Last edited:

Tony D

DCC 4Life
The point is a lot of people here got sucked into believing this was a good team, and now they are probably getting filmed for youtube videos.
Ha. I think we're a good team. Arizona is a good team. Weeden was awful. Didn't run Murray enough. Gave up too many 3rd down conversions. We need to limit turnovers.

Last week's loss was worse. We lost to a shit team, albeit a rival.

I think you're right, when we are relatively healthy we are pretty good. We need to get healthy as the season goes on, but that usually doesn't happen in the NFL. We were fortunate with injuries for about 7 games.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Parnell and Bernadeau both did well enough today. Weeden was not under constant pressure and the run game was decent enough. Just did not make throws when we needed them.

Carp

DCC 4Life
This team still is good. We had more than enough chances to win, just had a QB who sucked. No excuse, you have to be able to win with your back up, but we had a decent shot to win this game against the top team in the NFC.

Top Bottom