Cowboys sign McClain

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Negative: Giving up a first for a 30 year old RB
Positive: Not using a first on a CB.

shane

DCC 4Life
Good. Glad to have him. The offseason is shaping up nicely so far.
I agree. We are seeing savvy, calculated moves from the Cowboys front office. Have we entered bizarro world?

shane

DCC 4Life
I couldn't agree more. Why the hell would Dallas be desperate for a back at the end of his career? Especially when one of the deepest RB drafts I can ever remember is quickly approaching. The team that should be desperate is the Vikings who could potentially have a RB that dislikes them so much that he would be willing to sit out a year and who has made it pretty clear that the one team he wants to play for is the Cowboys. Seems to me like Dallas has basically all the leverage in this situation.
Trying to win now with Romo, that's why. I wouldn't like the deal either if they traded a first for AP, but I would still be excited anyway.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
We shouldn't want Adrian Peterson, though I am very curious why Jerry decided to use up 100% of Romo's restructuring space and so late into free agency.
If I had to bet I'd say it was to make a push to get Dez signed long term. Use the cap room to front load his deal.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed. That's what the Pats gave up for Moss.
At least WR's in the NFL play well into their 30s with regularity.

RB's just don't. I know Peterson is a physical freak, but you're basically betting on him doing something that's extremely rare.

dallen

Senior Tech
If I had to bet I'd say it was to make a push to get Dez signed long term. Use the cap room to front load his deal.
But we already have his $13m franchise tag salary on the cap that we can use that for. Or are you saying use all of that plus Romo's? That's be an awful lot of money, but would keep us from being in a position in a few years where have no QB and no cap space.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
No chance for Dez' extension?
Dez should already be covered as dallen mentioned, but I think when you add Hardy's full cap number (which is not covered), the rookies, and some breathing room they figured the only way was to clear up all of Romo's space.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
With already having 1 abuser on the roster, I doubt they make it 2 by trading for AP. Also with Dez and McClain's potential shenanigans, I think the Cowboys' PR department could have its hands full this year as it is.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
But we already have his $13m franchise tag salary on the cap that we can use that for. Or are you saying use all of that plus Romo's? That's be an awful lot of money, but would keep us from being in a position in a few years where have no QB and no cap space.
Well, yeah, if we trust him we can give him Fitzgerald money without paying Fitzgerald prices when he's older and performing at a lower level.

Top Bottom