Cowboys sign McClain

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Between Lee and McClain we could have the best 4-3 LB group in the league, maybe 2nd after Seattle at worst, of course Lee could be out for the year by Week 3 and McClain could attempt to burn down the practice complex by Week 8 so who knows?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You joke, but I could see Dallas drafting a CB in the first. It's a need position and crazily overpriced in FA, so that points to the draft as a potential solution.

And we keep saying Dallas refuses to take 1-technique DL in the 1st...
Yeah Dallas tried to fill it in free agency but guys were just way too expensive. I certainly won't be surprised when Dallas takes one in the first few rounds. I know a lot of people on this message board will be furious but it gives us a ton of cap flexibility to just cut Carr. Which may allow us long term to retain a guy like Hardy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Between Lee and McClain we could have the best 4-3 LB group in the league, maybe 2nd after Seattle at worst, of course Lee could be out for the year by Week 3 and McClain could attempt to burn down the practice complex by Week 8 so who knows?
This is what I was hoping for from the start. Lee, McClain and Hitchens. Then as backups you have Brinkley, Gatchkar and Wilber. That looks like a pretty good unit from top to bottom to me with some nice depth actually.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This is what I was hoping for from the start. Lee, McClain and Hitchens. Then as backups you have Brinkley, Gatchkar and Wilber. That looks like a pretty good unit from top to bottom to me with some nice depth actually.
A rookie would be nice.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Excellent. If he can play like he did last year that's a big boost. Reduces the need for a LB early in the draft.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Especially when we draft that kick ass yee haw CB by trading up in the first.
God please no. The Draft Show on DC.com can't shut the fuck up about how much we need corners.

Uh... DL much?

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I thought the Dbacks were fairly deep in this draft? they could potentially get a good one in the third. Trade back to late first, early second. Get Coleman and a good D tackle, then take a CB with the 3rd you picked up for trading back. I like it!

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah Dallas tried to fill it in free agency but guys were just way too expensive. I certainly won't be surprised when Dallas takes one in the first few rounds. I know a lot of people on this message board will be furious but it gives us a ton of cap flexibility to just cut Carr. Which may allow us long term to retain a guy like Hardy.
Second or third would be ok. Enough with the fucking first round corners, it's a waste of resources and we can't even prevent ourselves from completely whiffing anyway.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Second or third would be ok. Enough with the fucking first round corners, it's a waste of resources and we can't even prevent ourselves from completely whiffing anyway.
Well the way I look at it is the corners who will be available at 27 aren't much different from the corners who will be available in the second or third round. I mean how much of a different is there between Kevin Johnson and Ronald Darby/Ifo Ekpre-Olomu?

I don't think so anyway and I really think Dallas will probably go RB in the first if one of the top two guys are available. I don't like that but I've come to realize that's probably the case.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I hope he can stay on the field for the most part. He was our best defensive player when somewhat healthy.

His body was nowhere near ready to take the pounding of an NFL season. He hadn't played much in a few years. Didn't have an offseason program to get ready. He pretty much came straight of the street to become an impact player on defense. Plus, dude hardly practiced because he was so beat up.

I'd have to believe with the experience from last year, an offseason program, etc. that he'll be a force this season and remain somewhat healthy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hope he can stay on the field for the most part. He was our best defensive player when somewhat healthy.

His body was nowhere near ready to take the pounding of an NFL season. He hadn't played much in a few years. Didn't have an offseason program to get ready. He pretty much came straight of the street to become an impact player on defense. Plus, dude hardly practiced because he was so beat up.

I'd have to believe with the experience from last year, an offseason program, etc. that he'll be a force this season and remain somewhat healthy.
There were times when he looked like an all-pro MBLer. He tailed off at the end of the season so people tend to forget just how good he was at points but I'm hopeful with a full off season of conditioning that he can maintain that playing level all season.

dallen

Senior Tech
This is great news.

I definitely see the need for secondary help, but when was the last time a 1 round CB worked out for us? I still say DLine in the first, maybe RB if one of the top 2 guys fall to us

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
other than not tendering sterling moore, everything that has been done this offseason has been up to the DCC's standards. We will officially get to see if the DCC can properly run the Dallas Cowboys

That is until Kevin Johnson, pick #27 from Wake Forest of course

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
other than not tendering sterling moore, everything that has been done this offseason has been up to the DCC's standards. We will officially get to see if the DCC can properly run the Dallas Cowboys

That is until Kevin Johnson, pick #27 from Wake Forest of course
It could be worse. We could take someone like Jalen Collins instead.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Y'all stop this CB talk shit right now. Hear?

Especially with Claibust staring everyone straight in the face. Jerry.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Y'all stop this CB talk shit right now. Hear?

Especially with Claibust staring everyone straight in the face. Jerry.
Don't worry, all the annoying talk on NFL Radio today was about the Cowboys trading their first for AP. They even went so far as to say that the Cowboys may need to give up more then a first.

Holy hell, I'd throw a shit fit if the Cowboys trade a first round pick for a 30 year old back coming off a year of not playing. I'd much rather take a first round corner.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It would be incredibly retarded to give up anything above a 4th for peterson.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It would be incredibly retarded to give up anything above a 4th for peterson.
I couldn't agree more. Why the hell would Dallas be desperate for a back at the end of his career? Especially when one of the deepest RB drafts I can ever remember is quickly approaching. The team that should be desperate is the Vikings who could potentially have a RB that dislikes them so much that he would be willing to sit out a year and who has made it pretty clear that the one team he wants to play for is the Cowboys. Seems to me like Dallas has basically all the leverage in this situation.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We shouldn't want Adrian Peterson, though I am very curious why Jerry decided to use up 100% of Romo's restructuring space and so late into free agency.

Top Bottom