MLB Chatter Thread

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Maddon is a good manager but unless I'm mistake, he can't hit or pitch.

I predict more 90-loss seasons in your future.
A manager can only do so much but they lost 89 games this season and it's nearly a foregone conclusion that will improve next season. They're going to spend some money on starting pitching (Lester maybe or Shields possibly), and they won't be trading away productive players at the trade deadline like they have the past few seasons. A lot of prospect talent to work with and a lot of it is hitting the big league club now. Not all will pan out, but they have a ton of highly-regarded bats coming so they'll hit on a few. Rizzo looks legit and they still have Castro. They're going to be decent pretty much immediately, with a chance to build on that the next few years. I'll take a guy like Maddon steering that ship.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Not a huge baseball fan, but like Giants because it annoys Dodgers fan. Is a 0.26 era any good?
It's ridiculous.

Cotton

Staff member

So, basically, he won the WS for them.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Heard some talk about how the Giants are not really a dynasty because the years they did not win the WS they did not make the playoffs. Feh. The great part about this run is that it is an organizational run, not built behind one player. Obviously, Bumgarner led them this year, but it seems like they have a new hero every year.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Reading where Magadan is likely staying as Rangers hitting coach. Also working on a new contract for Mike Maddox.

Cotton

Staff member
Reading where Magadan is likely staying as Rangers hitting coach. Also working on a new contract for Mike Maddox.
Dislike.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Rick Renteria fired by the Cubs. Shitty for him that he didn't really deserve to lose his job after one season, but he gets paid for two more years so I don't feel bad for him.

Maddon hiring should be announced soon. :towel

Last edited:

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Rick Renteria fired by the Cubs. Shitty for him that he didn't really deserve to lose his job after one season, but he gets paid for two more years so I don't feel bad for him.

Cubs are sitting pretty right now. One of the best managers, if not the best, in baseball aboard along with all the young prospects. Now throw some cash at One of the big FA starters this offseason and they are on their way.

D

Deuce

Cubs are sitting pretty right now. One of the best managers, if not the best, in baseball aboard along with all the young prospects. Now throw some cash at One of the big FA starters this offseason and they are on their way.
Or just trade some of those prospects for Cobb. Maddon needs his guys and all. :unsure

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

It was just announced that the Twins have just offered Maddon a contract, and he's seriously considering it.

:art Just kidding. I'd like to see him go to the Cubs. I've always liked them and would like to see them do well.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
It was just announced that the Twins have just offered Maddon a contract, and he's seriously considering it.
:angry

I was thinking it would be hilarious…well, not to Cubs fans, but…if after all of this Maddon talk and the firing of Renteria that the Cubs announce a press conference. Theo Epstein steps up the podium and says that he's pleased to announce the new manager of the Chicago Cubs…Ron Washington, ladies and gentlemen!

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

I was thinking it would be hilarious…well, not to Cubs fans, but…if after all of this Maddon talk and the firing of Renteria that the Cubs announce a press conference. Theo Epstein steps up the podium and says that he's pleased to announce the new manager of the Chicago Cubs…Ron Washington, ladies and gentlemen!
:lol

That would be a kick to the nuts.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

I wouldn't wish that on the cubs. The Rays? Sure but not the cubs.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Twins officially hired Paul Molitor as manager. He's never been anything more than a minor league hitting instructor and MLB bench coach/hitting coach from what I read. The article I read mentions his lack of experience as a manager as a concern. Personally I think that should be enough experience if the candidate is deemed to be manager material, but we'll see.

Top Bottom