LeBreton - Cowboys and Seahawks: There’s just no comparison

townsend

Banned
One's a PS4 and the other is a Game Boy
That's true, one is bloated and gimmicky and is garnering sales based on novelty and brand loyalty.

The other revolutionized the industry and paved the way for decades of success.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You're right about that. That stadium is practically primitive by comparison.
ART stadium is by far the best stadium to watch a game if accommodations are any consideration. The suites and services are extraordinary.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Seattle's more talented on the defensive line, but that's about it.

They win because to a man they hold each other accountable and refuse to act like a bunch of entitled pussies.

When you're drafted in the 4th-6th rounds or have been booted out of the league playing in the CFL, you tend to play your ass off when given a chance. Pete Carroll's coaching job is the best I've seen since Jimmy Johnson.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I take Seattle's stadium any day over our gaudy POS.

Seahawks stadium is designed to amplify crowd noise which is better than all the features of Jerry Jones's stadium put together. That is if your main goal is winning.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Seahawks stadium is designed to amplify crowd noise which is better than all the features of Jerry Jones's stadium put together. That is if your main goal is winning.
Troof.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Would you rather hear noise or watch a game? Personally I don't care to have fans stand in front of me for the entire game. Sitting in comfortable seats and being able to walk a few steps to the pisser suites my style better.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Would you rather hear noise or watch a game. Personally I don't care to have fans stand in front of me for the entire game. Sitting in comfortable seats and being able to walk a few steps to the pisser suites my style better.
I want whatever gives the team an advantage to win. A loud crowd does just that. I couldn't care less if the snoots are comfortable or not.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I want whatever gives the team an advantage to win. A loud crowd does just that. I couldn't care less if the snoots are comfortable or not.
Well I like comfortable "snoots" that's why paid for them. Fans who stand in front of me for most of the game are rude and inconsiderate.

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1
Would you rather hear noise or watch a game? Personally I don't care to have fans stand in front of me for the entire game. Sitting in comfortable seats and being able to walk a few steps to the pisser suites my style better.
I wouldn't say cowboys stadium is the greatest place to watch football, either.

The stadium is so huge that you sit too far from the field and you could get an epileptic seizure from all the lights and distractions.

The number of bathrooms is nice, though.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I wouldn't say cowboys stadium is the greatest place to watch football, either.

The stadium is so huge that you sit too far from the field and you could get an epileptic seizure from all the lights and distractions.

The number of bathrooms is nice, though.
Have you been there? Everyone that has agree it is the top of the line stadium.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Then you shouldn't go to the games, just watch the game at home if you don't want a hostile environment at a stadium.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Second, we are in an age where sustained success is elusive. Baltimore was no Baltimore this year. Pittsburgh was no Pittsburgh last year or this year, etc.
That is true, but I think Seattle has a chance to sustain theirs.

First, they're a very young team, but more importantly, unlike most of the recent Super Bowl winners, they didn't get hot at the end and make a run.

This was the first time in a long time that I felt the team that was the best team in football in week 1 was the best team at the end of the season. They're built for the long haul so long as they don't lose too many key players.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
It is amazing that you have to deal with these "fans" at almost any football game in America.

They want you to sit on your ass and shut up at a football game.

My daughter almost got thrown out of a Marshall game last year because a couple of old bitties behind her didn't like the fact that she, you know, actually stood up and made noise for the home team.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think Seattle will get dismantled in free agency and they don't have the true stars to keep the machine running. The Colts or Patriots were able to be great for a long time because they had Manning or Brady and the pieces around those guys were replaceable as long as they were at least decent replacements.

Seattle is built on amazing depth. They can't keep it.

Unless, and it's possible that this is the case, the coaching is just making average players look great. Then they can continue to plug in whoever.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It is amazing that you have to deal with these "fans" at almost any football game in America.

They want you to sit on your ass and shut up at a football game.

My daughter almost got thrown out of a Marshall game last year because a couple of old bitties behind her didn't like the fact that she, you know, actually stood up and made noise for the home team.
Agreed.

That's the whole point of paying good money to watch a game at the stadium. You're there for the environment, after all.

If you don't like the noise, the atmosphere, etc., then stay at home.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think Seattle will get dismantled in free agency and they don't have the true stars to keep the machine running. The Colts or Patriots were able to be great for a long time because they had Manning or Brady and the pieces around those guys were replaceable as long as they were at least decent replacements.

Seattle is built on amazing depth. They can't keep it.

Unless, and it's possible that this is the case, the coaching is just making average players look great. Then they can continue to plug in whoever.
It's time to give Carroll his props. He has done an outstanding job coaching that team.

The scary thing is that there is still room for improvement. They can add a WR via FA or the draft to make them better.

They may lose some guys, but their cap isn't ridiculous so they can add some guys who now view them as an attractive location being as they are the reigning champs.

I think they'll be fine in regards to keeping/acquiring talent.

Top Bottom