Video Game Chatter

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Outlast would give me a heart attack.
:lol

Dude, I've never been "scared" playing a video game no matter how "scary" it was made out to be. But this? Props to them for creating a movie like atmosphere.

You're in the absolute dark at times and you can hear those things walking around close to you. You only have so much battery life so it's not like you can keep it on at all times. Sometimes you turn on your night vision on the camera and they are standing right in front of you.

Creepy shit.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Dude, I've never been "scared" playing a video game no matter how "scary" it was made out to be. But this? Props to them for creating a movie like atmosphere.

You're in the absolute dark at times and you can hear those things walking around close to you. You only have so much battery life so it's not like you can keep it on at all times. Sometimes you turn on your night vision on the camera and they are standing right in front of you.

Creepy shit.
Yep, no thanks. Won't be playing.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yep, no thanks. Won't be playing.
The PS4 is constantly recording, so I'll go back and see if it has my initial 15 min of play.

If it looks creepy, I'll post it.....but I would imagine that watching it via vid won't be anywhere close to actually playing it.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I am really considering a PS4 when I get my taxes in a few days... But I don't know if I can justify it yet. I am so bad at first person shooters and that's mostly what they have out right now.

I was playing Borderlands 2 today on PS3 and rage quit after 15 minutes because I just can't run, aim, and shoot worth a fuck.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Ok guys, check out this footage from the first 15 min of play. I trimmed it down to only 6 min so you guys could get a good idea for what this game is about once it gets going. Don't forget to hit the settings button and switch to 720P.

Since this part, it has only gotten worse and worse. :lol

Schmitty, I dare you watch this in the dark. :art

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah, fuck a whole bunch of that.

Why did you pause it after you opened the library door? Were you catching your breath? :lol

D

Deuce

Why did you pause it after you opened the library door? Were you catching your breath? :lol
Didn't you hear the heavy breathing throughout the game? That's not sound effects.

Cotton

Staff member
Didn't you hear the heavy breathing throughout the game? That's not sound effects.
Are you serious? Does he have a headset on?

Cotton

Staff member
It was pretty obvious to me.

If it were Ace, his heavy panting would've had a Mexican accent.
True, and when he opened the library door we would have heard "EEEEEWAYSUE!!!"

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Is the PS4 backwards compatible?
Nope.

Their answer to playing older games is "Playstation Now" - it's a cloud service that allows you to play games dating all the way back to PS1. The beta is about to launch soon and when it does, every single PS3 game will be available for it.

The PS2 and PS1 catalogue will be coming late, I guess.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

I made my wife sit with me when I began playing the other night. Played it in my gameroom in the dark with the surround sound on blast.

When that body dangled from the ceiling and scared the shit out of both of us, she said she was done and tried to get up so I paused it and told her not be a chicken....but she didn't know I was scared too.

:unsure

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Nope.

Their answer to playing older games is "Playstation Now" - it's a cloud service that allows you to play games dating all the way back to PS1. The beta is about to launch soon and when it does, every single PS3 game will be available for it.

The PS2 and PS1 catalogue will be coming late, I guess.
Which will be awesome if it's part of PS+. If it's not.... depends on how much it costs. I don't want to pay $20 a month for it, that's ridiculous. $5/mo? Ok.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Which will be awesome if it's part of PS+. If it's not.... depends on how much it costs. I don't want to pay $20 a month for it, that's ridiculous. $5/mo? Ok.
I don't wanna pay extra either, but as I said before, how could it be free?

Let's say you want to go grab Final Fantasy 7 (PS1 classic) and play it right now. It would cost you at least 20 bucks if you found it at retro gaming shop. Maybe you wanna play MGS2 on PS2, that's gonna be 10-15 bucks because you have to buy the game since renting is not an option.

Even some run of the mill PS1 or PS2 game is gonna be 5 bucks or less.

So now we're supposed to have access to play all of those games any time that we want. How do you justify making that a free feature? I don't think you can.

Like you, I just hope it isn't something like 20 bucks a month. I think 10 or less is fair.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Well it could entice more people to pay for PS+, is all.

Maybe a discount if you are a PS+ member at least.

Top Bottom