Mosley: The Cowboys are bluffing when it comes to their thoughts on drafting QB at 4

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No doubt, with or without Dez' endorsement. I think he's at the top of our board.
Just gotta hope SD saves us from ourselves.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just gotta hope SD saves us from ourselves.
We resigned Claiborne and have Robinson coming in for a visit today. Which is the second corner we have now brought in for a visit. To me there aren't good indications that we will consider him at all at 4.

Cotton

Staff member
We resigned Claiborne and have Robinson coming in for a visit today. Which is the second corner we have now brought in for a visit. To me there aren't good indications that we will consider him at all at 4.
Or they are bringing in Robinson to create leverage against Carr to take a pay cut.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Or they are bringing in Robinson to create leverage against Carr to take a pay cut.
Then what was the point in bringing in Leon Hall? Are we just going to keep running free agent corners through here until Carr agrees to a pay cut?

If we are that passionate about Carr then what makes people think we will draft a corner at the top of the draft? Carr, Scandrick and Claiborne are your top 3. Would we have those 3 and still take a corner at 4?

Cotton

Staff member
Then what was the point in bringing in Leon Hall? Are we just going to keep running free agent corners through here until Carr agrees to a pay cut?

If we are that passionate about Carr then what makes people think we will draft a corner at the top of the draft? Carr, Scandrick and Claiborne are your top 3. Would we have those 3 and still take a corner at 4?
I don't know. Just creating conversation more than anything.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know. Just creating conversation more than anything.
Yeah it's certainly possible we take Ramsey, I just haven't seen any strong indications of it. Nothing to get worried about at this point.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yeah it's certainly possible we take Ramsey, I just haven't seen any strong indications of it. Nothing to get worried about at this point.
They are bringing in corners but not safeties.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah but with Byrone Jones and Church I expected that.
We were supposedly Weddle's second choice after the Ravens so I wouldn't be surprised if we were actively looking to replace Church. We are also visiting with a bunch of safety prospects it seems.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We were supposedly Weddle's second choice after the Ravens so I wouldn't be surprised if we were actively looking to replace Church. We are also visiting with a bunch of safety prospects it seems.
Yeah, but Goof Son downplayed how much we were actually in the running to get Weddle.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Jokes aside, Dallas should through FA solidify the team so we can at least function at a position without having to resort to the draft.

If Robinson and Morris sign, that takes care of immediate needs at CB and RB added to Thornton solidifying 1-technique.

The only position not covered is backup QB, so I think we are one step closer to a QB in the 1st or 2nd round.

I still think the Cowboys want the most talented player at 4 independent of position, which is a good attitude.

Unfortunately if Ramsey drops to 4, the underwear olympic fanboys in the Cowboys front office probably spooge themselves into taking the fifth Cowboys 1st round CB since 2003. These fuckers never, EVER learn.

Top Bottom