TV Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Elodie Yung has been cast as Elektra for the 2nd season of Daredevil.

I thought Elektra was Greek, not Asian.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This season of True Detective is so inferior to the first one it is not even funny. Makes you appreciate the incredible acting even more.

Carp

DCC 4Life
This season of True Detective is so inferior to the first one it is not even funny. Makes you appreciate the incredible acting even more.
It is, but I am not sure you could top last season. I am really enjoying it though...Farrell in particular.

peplaw06

Brand New Member
I think the actors are doing a good job for the most part... It's just not an interesting story line yet. I won't be surprised if it gets better, but they should just get on with it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the actors are doing a good job for the most part... It's just not an interesting story line yet. I won't be surprised if it gets better, but they should just get on with it.
I'm enjoying it so far. Last season was so impressive that if you put them side by side this season wouldn't look that great but if you compare it to basically anything else on television right now I think True Detective still looks pretty great.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I like the back and forth McAdams and Farrell have...and I particularly enjoyed Vince Vaughn asking that one dude what he could have done to piss someone off so much.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I could get back into walking dead with this, at least I can have some feeling of story momentum.

Carl

RIP Brother
Rectify will have a marathon running on the Sundance channel 7/4.

I highly recommend it for a slot on your DVR.
I have been quite ill for a while now, and have resorted to binge watching shows.

1) Rectify - Season 1 and 2 are very good; well acted with a nice tempo and blend of characters.

2) Bloodline - Season 1 - Wasn't sure about show, but it grew on me and will watch season 2.

3) Peaky Blinders - After season 2 it has run it's course

4) OITNB - Out of ideas in season 3.

5) Luther - Tried to watch BBC version, gave up after 4 shows - overacting.

I have Justified on DVD and also maybe Dexter on Netflix. If anyone else has ideas, I am open.

Time on the couch is boring, but at least I have lost 50+ lbs in the last 3 months. Down to under 200. Being ill is no fun though.

D

Deuce

I have Justified on DVD and also maybe Dexter on Netflix. If anyone else has ideas, I am open.
I just ran through Californication on Netflix. Good comedy all around and Duchovny individually is great.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I have been quite ill for a while now, and have resorted to binge watching shows.

1) Rectify - Season 1 and 2 are very good; well acted with a nice tempo and blend of characters.

2) Bloodline - Season 1 - Wasn't sure about show, but it grew on me and will watch season 2.

3) Peaky Blinders - After season 2 it has run it's course

4) OITNB - Out of ideas in season 3.

5) Luther - Tried to watch BBC version, gave up after 4 shows - overacting.

Time on the couch is boring, but at least I have lost 50+ lbs in the last 3 months. Down to under 200. Being ill is no fun though.
Sorry to hear about your illness I hope you are getting better.

I recommend Justify as your next watch and give Fortitude a try.

Also the American's is great, probably my favorite show at the moment the acting is great and the plotting is fantastic, it's a great binge watch.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Wait, a poster at the DCC actually showed compassion for another poster at the DCC? What in the hell is going on here?

Top Bottom