Just think...

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Our offense is really on a roll right now. If we don't turn it over our defense will make enough stops and/or get enough turnovers to beat Detroit and give Green Bay or Seattle all they can handle.

We have to win this week. We have to get to Green Bay. That's where nobody is giving us a shot. All I've heard on the radio is about Green Bay vs Seattle in the NFC Championship game. Like its a foregone conclusion.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
While I can't say I'd call this season a failure if we lose to Detroit, I couldn't call it a success either.

Not winning this game would take all the air out of the ballon for me. For 2014 to truly be a special year, and one I'd call a successful and productive one, we have to beat the Lions.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
We have seen what this team is capable of in the past month. 4 straight curbstombs basically. It is certainly possible they could lose to Detroit. But it would be a massive disappointment. And it would not be ok.

Everything is not gravy at this point. Losing to an inferior Detroit team would be underachieving. We need to adjust our expectations at this point, now that we know what they are capable of.

kidd

DCC 4Life
We have seen what this team is capable of in the past month. 4 straight curbstombs basically. It is certainly possible they could lose to Detroit. But it would be a massive disappointment. And it would not be ok.

Everything is not gravy at this point. Losing to an inferior Detroit team would be underachieving. We need to adjust our expectations at this point, now that we know what they are capable of.
And what are they capable of? Playing the right team at the right time?

They beat a piss poor bears team that almost came back to beat them.

They beat an over-confident Philly team who thought the game would go exactly like the Thanksgiving game.

They beat an Indy team who already had their division sewn up and was resting their best offensive weapon at Luck's disposal. Plus Indy did a good job of shooting themselves in the foot.

Then they rolled into Washington and beat a piss poor Redskins squad.

One thing that all the games had in common was that they allowed the teams to come back within striking distance with the exception of Indy who had nothing to play for and had all but given up.

I don't mean to take away from anything they did. I'm really not.

I'm just saying that maybe we should lower our expectations a little.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

They beat an over-confident Philly team who thought the game would go exactly like the Thanksgiving game.

They beat an Indy team who already had their division sewn up and was resting their best offensive weapon at Luck's disposal. Plus Indy did a good job of shooting themselves in the foot.

One thing that all the games had in common was that they allowed the teams to come back within striking distance with the exception of Indy who had nothing to play for and had all but given up.

You aren't giving them any credit.

How many years have they got to December and shit the bed against teams like you just described?

Bottom line is this team has confidence and a OL that plays with a bit of an attitude.

They are hot at the right time, and those are the teams in the "new" NFL that seem to win the SB.

Genghis Khan

They are playing Detroit.

But you go on with your angry skepticism. Grr.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Fuck the doubters!!!

:towel

:unsure

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Well booze, it appears from the responses of all these folks you should continue with the nervous shits the remainder of the week. Maybe Wal-Mart has a tp sale this week.

kidd

DCC 4Life
You aren't giving them any credit.

How many years have they got to December and shit the bed against teams like you just described?

Bottom line is this team has confidence and a OL that plays with a bit of an attitude.

They are hot at the right time, and those are the teams in the "new" NFL that seem to win the SB.
I agree with you 100%.

I was mainly pointing out these things for those who say they're gonna be pissed if we lose because now they have raised their expectations because of this December.

I'm saying the fact that nobody really gave this team a snowball's chance at making the playoffs and they really shouldn't be too pissed if they lose.

UncleMilti

Staff member
I agree with you 100%.

I was mainly pointing out these things for those who say they're gonna be pissed if we lose because now they have raised their expectations because of this December.

I'm saying the fact that nobody really gave this team a snowball's chance at making the playoffs and they really shouldn't be too pissed if they lose.
Oh.

:unsure

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Only thing that worries me a little is we're coming off two games in a row against teams who mailed it in. Maybe "mailed it in" is the wrong term for the Colts, but they definitely laid a huge egg that day. And the Skins just didn't seem interested. A good, tough, talented team that is highly motivated is going to be a big change from that. And worse, the Lions are coming off a tough game against a very good opponent, so they should be more prepared.

Still, though, I don't think it will matter. I don't know if we beat GB, but this game will be a beating along the lines of the second Philly game. I honestly don't expect it to be close at all.

Genghis Khan

I agree with you 100%.

That's ridiculous.

What if for argument's sake we all expected 6-10 but the team went 16-0 and dominated like the 2007 Patriots? Should we still be happy just making the playoffs? We we not be right in adjusting our expectations once we realized the team is much different than we thought?

This team was 12-4. They beat Seattle in Seattle. They went undefeated on the road. They steamrolled through December. They are a good team.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's ridiculous.

What if for argument's sake we all expected 6-10 but the team went 16-0 and dominated like the 2007 Patriots? Should we still be happy just making the playoffs? We we not be right in adjusting our expectations once we realized the team is much different than we thought?

This team was 12-4. They beat Seattle in Seattle. They went undefeated on the road. They steamrolled through December. They are a good team.
That's a fact. There is no reason at this point to get a case of the nervous nellies. The team has sucked it up several times this season. As I said earlier,it will take a total collapse for them to not be the victor this weekend.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Even though we expected to go 6-10 but instead finished 12-4, I'm still somewhat disappointed we finished tied with 4 other teams with the best record in the league but are the only one not to get a bye. Ultimately it's good we did as well as we did, but no doubt I'm be ticked if we go one and done.

kidd

DCC 4Life
That's ridiculous.

That's a fact. There is no reason at this point to get a case of the nervous nellies. The team has sucked it up several times this season. As I said earlier,it will take a total collapse for them to not be the victor this weekend.
I'm not saying they're a bad team.

In fact, I expect to win this weekend.

But IF they happen to lose, yes I'll be disappointed but I'm not gonna be jumping off any bridge or cussing like a sailor afterward.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm not saying they're a bad team.

In fact, I expect to win this weekend.

But IF they happen to lose, yes I'll be disappointed but I'm not gonna be jumping off any bridge or cussing like a sailor afterward.
Some people are just trying to set up who they are planning on blaming if the team loses.

Top Bottom