Archer: Will Cowboys go running back in the second round?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
So, according to the NFL grades, there's little difference between Ajayi and the next few RBs:

Ajayi, Jay RB 6'0" 221 Boise St. 5.6

Williams, Karlos RB 6'1" 230 Florida St. 5.4

Davis, Mike RB 5'9" 217 South Carolina 5.4

Langford, Jeremy RB 6'0" 208 Michigan St. 5.4

Allen, Javorius RB 6'0" 221 USC 5.4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you fellas know about these others? Are they sufficient for us to consider in the 4th?
Buck Allen is a fluid and natural athlete for his size. He's slightly slower, but an instinctive pass catcher too.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Buck Allen is a fluid and natural athlete for his size. He's slightly slower, but an instinctive pass catcher too.
Langford is a pretty solid player. Actually pretty fast, good size and runs hard. Plus Booze hates him so I'm throwing my full support behind drafting him.

To me Ajayi is by far the best of that group though. I'd take him in the fourth even with knee concerns. Look at Leary and his supposed knee concerns. You're probably only looking at a 4 year shelf life with a RB anyway. (Get through the rookie contract and let him sign somewhere dumb). With that being said I could see him being the back everyone wants in the fourth, he falls to our pick and we still don't take im. Clearly Ajayi has issues.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't see Williams being the lead back at all. The guy was inactive practically all year.
Right now it has to be Randle with McFadden as a receiving back and Williams as the insurance. Randle had some pretty damn impressive runs last year but it was a very small sample size.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Langford is a pretty solid player. Actually pretty fast, good size and runs hard. Plus Booze hates him so I'm throwing my full support behind drafting him.

To me Ajayi is by far the best of that group though. I'd take him in the fourth even with knee concerns. Look at Leary and his supposed knee concerns. You're probably only looking at a 4 year shelf life with a RB anyway. (Get through the rookie contract and let him sign somewhere dumb). With that being said I could see him being the back everyone wants in the fourth, he falls to our pick and we still don't take im. Clearly Ajayi has issues.
That's the real truth, and if he falls early because of injury you draft another one.

But I have a feeling he goes in the next 10 picks.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Right now it has to be Randle with McFadden as a receiving back and Williams as the insurance. Randle had some pretty damn impressive runs last year but it was a very small sample size.
We've definitely had a back and forth on this enough, and I'm willing to be patient so long as they get some better "insurance" from this draft.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's the real truth, and if he falls early because of injury you draft another one.

But I have a feeling he goes in the next 10 picks.
I think he goes in the fifth. Just call it a hunch. I think it's the perfect situation of everyone getting their hopes up on this board and then crushing them.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I like how hard he runs. Definitely not afraid to lower his shoulder and won't run out of bounds when he is near the sideline instead fighting for the extra yard.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I like how hard he runs. Definitely not afraid to lower his shoulder and won't run out of bounds when he is near the sideline instead fighting for the extra yard.
His deliberate slow pace out of the gate could help him in Dallas.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
His deliberate slow pace out of the gate could help him in Dallas.
I take that as him being a patient runner but it would just be that he isn't the quickest guy in the world. He has long speed but he isn't a super quick back by any means. But neither did Murray.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Murray is always moving forward and likes to fall forward as he's being brought down. That's a big asset and an intangible that will be tough to replace. I hate that he's on Philly and I can only hope the wear and tear catches up to him real soon.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Murray is always moving forward and likes to fall forward as he's being brought down. That's a big asset and an intangible that will be tough to replace. I hate that he's on Philly and I can only hope the wear and tear catches up to him real soon.
I think it absolutely will. Plus he is a guy with injury issues as it is. Last year was the first real healthy year for him and he still had to play through an injury that would have cost most to miss a game.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Funny, wishing Murray runs out of gas soon. Good thing he didn't re-sign here I guess.

hstour

Brand New Member

From what I have read, it's not injury related. It's a degenerative miniscus issue that is bone on bone.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Ajayi languishing....

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I feel like beating up a fat kid with a dead puppy

Top Bottom