Music Thread...

Carl

RIP Brother
Mr. Mercury made it seem much too easy. I blame him for the rise of karaoke bars.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Music Recommendations

Music Recommendations

I know we have the Greatest Song thread, but the discussion in the Test Thread made me think about recommendations for stuff that you may not have listened to that could be suggested for folks to check out.

I have a weird taste and it ranges all over the place.

There are some songs that are just good, but not always what I would consider my "taste", if I even have one.

Some I hear on a commercial, in a movie or TV show and it catches. Then I listen to some of their other stuff and I don't care much for it. Then are other times I get hooked.

Here are some that I have heard for the first time recently, while not all are new chronologically, they were able to get me interested in their work otherwise.

A cover, but it is awesome:

Country ass redneck on the surface, but I liked it:

Others:

So put it out there, losers.

And even if they are :gay, try not to judge.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Excellent idea.
I remember back on DCC II or maybe III, you suggested stuff like this and I have been listening ever since:

Never would have heard or considered them, as I am not a music buff that seeks out new stuff all the time.

I don't listen to radio either, so I couldn't tell you who the eff is really good right now.

I kind of stumble upon stuff or let Spotify do the work for me when I am in the mood.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I met the guitarist for Texas Hippie Coalition when my friends played a gig in Austin.

He was very much a "brand" guy. When we asked who he was with, he was like, "Texas Hippie Coalition, or THC..." and the rest was all, "Weed, weed weed, gettin' hammered, weed, weed." :lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I met the guitarist for Texas Hippie Coalition when my friends played a gig in Austin.

He was very much a "brand" guy. When we asked who he was with, he was like, "Texas Hippie Coalition, or THC..." and the rest was all, "Weed, weed weed, gettin' hammered, weed, weed." :lol
:lol

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I remember back on DCC II or maybe III, you suggested stuff like this and I have been listening ever since:

Never would have heard or considered them, as I am not a music buff that seeks out new stuff all the time.

I don't listen to radio either, so I couldn't tell you who the eff is really good right now.

I kind of stumble upon stuff or let Spotify do the work for me when I am in the mood.
Dream Theater are great. They're a super band whose ability to play each respective instrument is amazing. Their bassist is especially on another level.

Even the newer stuff is still solid:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I will have you know if Geng was ahead of me on Dream Theater it wasn't by much. I have been calling them one of the most talented bands for many years now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
These two I started listening to after binge watching The Blacklist, which really knows how to incorporate songs into their episodes:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I will have you know if Geng was ahead of me on Dream Theater it wasn't by much. I have been calling them one of the most talented bands for many years now.
He called my attention to them, so therefore, he gets credit.

Then again, that was probably before I even acknowledged your existence.

Like I said it was DCC II or III :unsure

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He called my attention to them, so therefore, he gets credit.

Then again, that was probably before I even acknowledged your existence.

Like I said it was DCC II or III :unsure
You mother...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
D'Angelo was a popular 90's R&B artist, but he has completely reinvented himself and his last album was heavily influenced by Prince. That resulted in him winning his first Grammy award.

Top Bottom