Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deuce

The Bosa hype train is ridiculous. He's not very fast. He isn't exactly a power rusher. Well, he isn't really a rushing threat at all. One of his biggest weaknesses is that he shows a lack of strength on the edge. All he has is a bull rush, and not a very strong one at that. So, why is considered a top 5 talent?
Because people don't just look at his measurables. Watch him play and he shows obvious talent.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Because people don't just look at his measurables. Watch him play and he shows obvious talent.
I have watched his "tape". I just don't see it. Not top 5. Maybe first round, but not top 5. Maybe it's because the top talent in this draft is just not as good as normal, but I wouldn't take him top 10.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Bosa hype train is ridiculous. He's not very fast. He isn't exactly a power rusher. Well, he isn't really a rushing threat at all. One of his biggest weaknesses is that he shows a lack of strength on the edge. All he has is a bull rush, and not a very strong one at that. So, why is considered a top 5 talent?
But but, he is the next JJ Watt. And stuff.

Cotton

Staff member
But but, he is the next JJ Watt. And stuff.
I will say it again in case no one bookmarked the first post I said it in... I think Bosa busts. I just don't see it.

dallen

Senior Tech
If I had to make a conservative comparison I'd say Bosa is at least going to be a combination of Deacon Jones and Lawrence Taylor.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I have watched his "tape". I just don't see it. Not top 5. Maybe first round, but not top 5. Maybe it's because the top talent in this draft is just not as good as normal, but I wouldn't take him top 10.
The fact that you think all he has is a bull rush tells me you have not watched any tape.

And really disqualifies everything else you said about him.

Cotton

Staff member
The fact that you think all he has is a bull rush tells me you have not watched any tape.

And really disqualifies everything else you said about him.
I think LTs in the NFL will eat his lunch. He is not quick off the ball and can't gain the edge fast enough to be a top 5 pick. It's that simple. He is a bull rush type with a couple of swim moves that won't work against NFL OL talent.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think LTs in the NFL will eat his lunch. He is not quick off the ball and can't gain the edge fast enough to be a top 5 pick. It's that simple. He is a bull rush type with a couple of swim moves that won't work against NFL OL talent.
That's a much more reasoned take than all he can do is bullrush.

I am not high on him as well but there are other ways to pass rush besides beating guys off the edge, Lawrence is not a real fast guy as well.

He ran a 4.80 forty.

Cotton

Staff member
That's a much more reasoned take than all he can do is bullrush.

I am not high on him as well but there are other ways to pass rush besides beating guys off the edge, Lawrence is not a real fast guy as well.

He ran a 4.80 forty.
Lawrence is very quick off the ball. His forty time means nothing. Bosa is not quick off the ball at all. I think when NFL tackles get their hands on him he won't be able to get separation. And, his bull rush that got him sacks in college won't work against the much bigger and stronger tackles at the next level. I just understand the hype.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Lawrence is very quick off the ball. His forty time means nothing. Bosa is not quick off the ball at all. I think when NFL tackles get their hands on him he won't be able to get separation. And, his bull rush that got him sacks in college won't work against the much bigger and stronger tackles at the next level. I just understand the hype.
He compares very favorably to Lawrence and his hand usage is much more advanced.

Glad to see you coming around.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He compares very favorably to Lawrence and his hand usage is much more advanced.

Glad to see you coming around.
If he compared to Lawrence, isn't that a borderline first rounder like Lawrence was?

I'm not taking sides specifically but that's not your best argument...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If he compared to Lawrence, isn't that a borderline first rounder like Lawrence was?

Two problems. One could argue Lawrence has outplayed that draft status. And the second is Lawrence wasn't 270 pounds coming to the NFL either. I don't think the argument is that they are similar level prospects. Only that their style of play is similar.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think the only comparison being made to Lawrence is that Bosa was called slow yet they both ran similar 40's. Lawrence was more explosive coming off the edge coming out of college but Bosa is bigger, stronger, better against the run and his pass rush technique is much more refined. He can also rush from the interior in nickel/dime.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think the only comparison being made to Lawrence is that Bosa was called slow yet they both ran similar 40's. Lawrence was more explosive coming off the edge coming out of college but Bosa is bigger, stronger, better against the run and his pass rush technique is much more refined. He can also rush from the interior in nickel/dime.
That's the way I see it.

Jiggyfly

Banned

My argument is Lawrence also did not have a great 40 time and has shown the ability to rush the passer.

We can also go back to Terrel Suggs as an example.

Cotton

Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
:towel

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Hopefully Jerruh is there too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom