Cowboys Free Agency

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This team is infected with Jerryism....will be that way till that fucker is 6' under (preferable), is deaf and dumb (still risky), or put away in an old folks home (still would be able to make the same decisions he's making now).
We will be no different under Goof Son's full leadership. He's been part of this cluster fuck for the last 20 years as well.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
We will be no different under Goof Son's full leadership. He's been part of this cluster fuck for the last 20 years as well.
And then Spaulding!!!

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I heard he didn't go to dinner. He canceled.
He found out it was dinner with Garrett instead of Jerry and promptly canceled

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Not especially. Just embarrassed by this joke of a team that is idiotic enough to actually become a worse team coming off a 4-12 season. In most NFL cities, there is at least the attempt to improve, whether it works or not.

Aside from landing Thornton, this roster has not improved.
You noticed that Garrett kept his job? As soon as that decision was made the 2016 season was over.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Let's just re-sign Hardy at this point, who cares?

If Garrett can't get along with anybody but the Romo/Witten types then that's just another indictment on him as a coach. And then if we want to cut him halfway through the season depending on what happens with the draft and Gregory, so be it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Let's just re-sign Hardy at this point, who cares?

If Garrett can't get along with anybody but the Romo/Witten types then that's just another indictment on him as a coach. And then if we want to cut him halfway through the season depending on what happens with the draft and Gregory, so be it.
We won't because Garrett is weak and can't control his team. And Jones is too scared his red headed bitch will throw a fit.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Wait, what? Parcells set us back? He set the table for Phillips. Our "core" over the last decade is because he was around. He whiffed like everyone else. But I bet we look back on the Phillips and Garrett regimes in a lower light.
Jimmy Johnson set us back. Good think Switzer and Chan overaome his incompetence.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I absolutely would bring Hardy back. We won't do it but I have to think Hardy would do a relatively cheap deal at this point. Garrett has issues with him so there is no chance.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
I absolutely would bring Hardy back. We won't do it but I have to think Hardy would do a relatively cheap deal at this point. Garrett has issues with him so there is no chance.
absolutely need to bring hardy back at this rate, DL is way too thin

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So, looks like we are signing Benson Mayowa. Don't know much about him so not sure how to criticize this.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So, looks like we are signing Benson Mayowa. Don't know much about him so not sure how to criticize this.
He is a restricted FA from the Raiders.

Won't cost a draft pick but carries a $1.67M cap charge.

In other words, it is a fucking stupid signing.

Their obsession with copying the Seahawks is getting out of hand with this stupid fuck SPARQ shit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is a restricted FA from the Raiders.

Won't cost a draft pick but carries a $1.67M cap charge.

In other words, it is a fucking stupid signing.

Their obsession with copying the Seahawks is getting out of hand with this stupid fuck SPARQ shit.
These are the dumbass signings that eat into your free agent money who never make the roster. It's a scrub the Seahawks cut who has like 1 career sack.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
These are the dumbass signings that eat into your free agent money who never make the roster. It's a scrub the Seahawks cut who has like 1 career sack.
Hey, that is a small price to pay to have a feeble showing to the fan base that you are taking this talent acquisition business seriously.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think Will McClay is becoming a real problem and I am not joking.

This guy came from the Arena League and was a Jones lapdog from his time with the Desperados.

He has few credentials save working with James Harris, who was a horrid talent evaluator.

He seems to have some ridiculous affinity for SPARQ ratings and analytics. Well, that horseshit is going to ruin Cleveland. It might have worked for a few seasons in Seattle, but I doubt it is sustainable.

We refuse to sign veterans. Ever. We keep investing picks and dollars into athletes that test well, but can't fucking play.

This is why Vital being around is cool, at least he has been around successful franchises. Maybe McClay burns out sooner than later.

I am fucking sick of this shit.

I realize I am calling for the head of the wrong person, but this offseason is about as frustrating as any I can remember.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2625099-inside-eric-weddles-free-agency-chess-match

Many people close to Weddle were hoping he would sign with the Cowboys. He has a soft spot for them, as they were his favorite team when he was a kid. Dallas head coach Jason Garrett and assistant head coach Rich Bisaccia had been calling and texting Weddle since the opening bell of free agency. But the Cowboys had dragged their feet on making an offer.

On Sunday, Canter called teams to tell them they were being eliminated from consideration. Among the eliminated were two teams that Weddle didn't think were positioned to win. In fact, one of them offered Weddle his most lucrative deal, Canter said.

Then the Cowboys jumped in, making an offer that was almost identical to the Ravens'.

Weddle was overwhelmed. He decided to unwind with five of his high school buddies over a game of Tom Clancy's The Division. As they threw grenades and placed sticky bombs, they discussed Weddle's future in their headsets. Four of them thought he should go to Dallas.

"They were arguing about it," Weddle said. "I couldn't get in a word. I was sitting there, listening."

On Sunday night, Canter made counteroffers to the Cowboys and Ravens. The Ravens increased their offer within 30 minutes.

The Cowboys said they were not prepared to up their offer, but Garrett called Weddle, trying to get him to visit Dallas before making a decision.

Weddle and his wife talked for about an hour before heading to bed. Then they talked for another hour in bed.

Chanel fell asleep, and Eric stayed awake until about 1 a.m., staring at the ceiling and deliberating the Cowboys and Ravens. He kept going back to a few thoughts. The Ravens made the playoffs six of the last eight years. They have a strong culture. They handled the negotiating process professionally and sensitively. And they really wanted him.

Finally, he drifted off to sleep.

"Every time I woke up, I was dreaming about Baltimore," he said. "Baltimore kept popping in my head."

townsend

Banned
Can't say Weddle made the wrong call, Ravens are by every measure, a superior organization. I would not be surprised to see them win another SB or two before Dallas even plays in another conference title game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So basically it came down to money. I'll save people from having to read the article.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Sounds like he picked them because they are a stable, winning organization.

Top Bottom