2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

townsend

Banned
Guess I've heard from all the Big Spykes and Little Tykes. Any others out there that think almost half of the Republican voters so far are bat shit crazy because they have a preference for an individual who is anti political based. :lol
It's not his lack of political experience, it's his character, which I would challenge you to defend.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The contrivance is saying stuff like, he is getting tomatoes thrown at him or protesters are just randomly attacking people.
Man gets $65 fine for throwing tomatoes at Trump
Stephen Gruber-Miller, sgrubermil@press-citizen.com 11:19 a.m. CST March 7, 2016

Andrew Alemao, who is accused of throwing two tomatoes at Donald Trump in January, has pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and will pay a $65 fine.

Alemao had been arrested by University of Iowa Police and United States Secret Service at a rally for Trump, the businessman and Republican presidential candidate, at the UI Field House on Jan. 26 after officials observed him throwing two tomatoes at the candidate.

The maximum punishment he could have faced for a simple misdemeanor charge like disorderly conduct would have been 30 days in jail or a $625 fine, according to police. Alemao and his attorney had previously planned to take the case to trial.

Under a plea agreement struck Monday Alemao will pay a $65 fine and the state will not pursue assault charges related to the incident, court documents show.

After throwing the tomatoes, Alemao gained notoriety on social media, where his actions were both praised and criticized and his image was widely shared.

Trump, the front-runner for the Republican nomination, responded to the incident as well. At an event in Cedar Rapids on caucus day Trump told the crowd to "knock the crap out of them" if they saw anyone with a tomato in hand.

Reach Stephen Gruber-Miller at 319-887-5407 or sgrubermil@press-citizen.com. Follow him at @sgrubermiller.

I'll expect an apology and admission of the fact that you don't know anything about this election. Thank you!

townsend

Banned
I'll make a deal with anyone who thinks Trump's a victim in all this. Go to a Trump rally with a Hillary shirt, and I'll go to a Hillary rally with a Trump shirt, we can compare notes one who feels more threatened.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Guess I've heard from all the Big Spykes and Little Tykes. Any others out there that think almost half of the Republican voters so far are bat shit crazy because they have a preference for an individual who is anti politico based. :lol
It's actually a little over a third, he has yet to break 50% in any primary.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's not his lack of political experience, it's his character, which I would challenge you to defend.
You are missing the point. I am talking about how pious some are for thinking that the voters who think having Trump as a preference makes them somehow facist followers. How truly sanctimonious an attitude that is. These folks are just fed up with the status Quo and are looking for someone who isn't tied to politics. There's nothing wrong with that yet some of you folks think they are out of their minds for even entertaining such an idea. It's just so pious.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Man gets $65 fine for throwing tomatoes at Trump
Stephen Gruber-Miller, sgrubermil@press-citizen.com 11:19 a.m. CST March 7, 2016

Andrew Alemao, who is accused of throwing two tomatoes at Donald Trump in January, has pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and will pay a $65 fine.

Alemao had been arrested by University of Iowa Police and United States Secret Service at a rally for Trump, the businessman and Republican presidential candidate, at the UI Field House on Jan. 26 after officials observed him throwing two tomatoes at the candidate.

The maximum punishment he could have faced for a simple misdemeanor charge like disorderly conduct would have been 30 days in jail or a $625 fine, according to police. Alemao and his attorney had previously planned to take the case to trial.

Under a plea agreement struck Monday Alemao will pay a $65 fine and the state will not pursue assault charges related to the incident, court documents show.

After throwing the tomatoes, Alemao gained notoriety on social media, where his actions were both praised and criticized and his image was widely shared.

Trump, the front-runner for the Republican nomination, responded to the incident as well. At an event in Cedar Rapids on caucus day Trump told the crowd to "knock the crap out of them" if they saw anyone with a tomato in hand.

Reach Stephen Gruber-Miller at 319-887-5407 or sgrubermil@press-citizen.com. Follow him at @sgrubermiller.

I'll expect an apology and admission of the fact that you don't know anything about this election. Thank you!
I admit I missed that fact, my bad.

Don't know how that gets to the level of not knowing anything about this election?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'll make a deal with anyone who thinks Trump's a victim in all this. Go to a Trump rally with a Hillary shirt, and I'll go to a Hillary rally with a Trump shirt, we can compare notes one who feels more threatened.
It isn't about Trump. It's about somes piety toward anyone who prefer him. Change the drift.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
It isn't about Trump. It's about somes piety toward anyone who prefer him. Change the drift.
I kind of get it now. We have reached the stage where the "lesser of two evils" voters have started to hold their nose.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
People can be upset all they want but there is an awful lot of hypocrisy I have noticed when it comes to Donald Trump. People that hate him for calling others names while in the process calling him Drumpf or some other name that they intend as derogatory. He is certainly a polarizing figure that seems to be bringing out the worst in many of his non supporters.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I admit I missed that fact, my bad.

Don't know how that gets to the level of not knowing anything about this election?
I will just have to accept that as an apology. This story stuck out to me since I'm from Iowa and went to the University of Iowa. I'm sure there are more that I'm not aware of.

Jiggyfly

Banned
People can be upset all they want but there is an awful lot of hypocrisy I have noticed when it comes to Donald Trump. People that hate him for calling others names while in the process calling him Drumpf or some other name that they intend as derogatory. He is certainly a polarizing figure that seems to be bringing out the worst in many of his non supporters.
Man you are reaching here.

If you thinking calling Hispanics rapist or correlating all of Islam with terrorist is the same as calling him by his original family name is the same, well you are being willfully naieve to say the least.

Calling other people names is way down the list of reasons people do not like Trump.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I will just have to accept that as an apology. This story stuck out to me since I'm from Iowa and went to the University of Iowa. I'm sure there are more that I'm not aware of.
I just remember the incident when he said some people might throw tomatoes, I missed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom