Tyron Smith Restructured

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Per Archer, frees up $7.2M.

Just enough for Matt Moore and Jack Crawford.

Isn't that nice?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We damn well better not spend 7 million on Moore and Crawford.

I'd give Crawford about 3-4 a year and Moore the veteran minimum, whatever that is.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What are we clearing all this space for? They have cleared 12 mill and we had close to 10 mill to begin with. It would make sense if you are going to spend it in FA, but it certainly doesn't look like we will.

dallen

Senior Tech
What are we clearing all this space for? They have cleared 12 mill and we had close to 10 mill to begin with. It would make sense if you are going to spend it in FA, but it certainly doesn't look like we will.
Got to make room for that 5 year $45 million contract for Reggie Nelson

townsend

Banned
Yeah, signing Frederick to another Cowboy for life contract would be a great long term achievement for the offseason.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, signing Frederick to another Cowboy for life contract would be a great long term achievement for the offseason.
He is the only guy that is coming due in 2017. The others like Martin and especially Collins can wait.

townsend

Banned
He is the only guy that is coming due in 2017. The others like Martin and especially Collins can wait.
Also if we have Frederick, we have the two most indisposable linemen signed long term. I don't want it to happen, but if Collins or Martin walk, we can still sustain a high level of play, I don't think that happens if we lose Frederick.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Also if we have Frederick, we have the two most indisposable linemen signed long term. I don't want it to happen, but if Collins or Martin walk, we can still sustain a high level of play, I don't think that happens if we lose Frederick.
I pay Frederick. A center is hard to find.

You want Phil Costa back? Okay then.

townsend

Banned
I pay Frederick. A center is hard to find.

You want Phil Costa back? Okay then.
Absolutely not, going bargain basement on a G is pretty much a worst case scenario. Pretty much you have to have spent a pick on an interior lineman who could step up and be a starter.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
All kidding aside, he has been invisible the entire FA period. Kind of weird.
It is odd. He has been an exceptional FS in the NFL. I know he is 32 and in the later part of his career but it is definitely odd. I wonder if something is up with Nelson personally. Sort of like Raji is going to take a year off.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It is odd. He has been an exceptional FS in the NFL. I know he is 32 and in the later part of his career but it is definitely odd. I wonder if something is up with Nelson personally. Sort of like Raji is going to take a year off.
It shocks me he's actually 32.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It shocks me he's actually 32.
Yeah time flies. Hard to believe the guy has been around for 9 years now. 8 picks last year and 12 over the last two is hard to argue with. The man is productive and a big part of why the Bengals have a legit top secondary in the NFL.

Jiggyfly

Banned
His career has always been odd, he was considered a bust for a long time.

Top Bottom