2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

townsend

Banned
Wow if corporate America can manage to increase profits while reducing the size of staff maybe Trump should be President after all. :lol
Profit equals revenue minus cost, therefore decreased cost (for instance by shipping all your labor overseas) increases profit.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Profit equals revenue minus cost, therefore decreased cost (for instance by shipping all your labor overseas) increases profit.
True but if you applied the corporate principal to government staff it would only equate to reduction of expense because government jobs essentially aren't outsourced. You would possibly have just a reduction in government. It's a pipe dream but the point is (even in jest) that corporate application to the government could reduce significant expenses if it were handled properly. When I use the term outsourcing here it is intended as shipping out jobs overseas not contracting to private companies.

Last edited:

townsend

Banned
True but if you applied the corporate principal to government staff it would only equate to reduction of expense because government jobs essentially aren't outsourced. You would possibly have just a reduction in government. It's a pipe dream but the point is (even in jest) that corporate application to the government could reduce significant expenses if it were handled properly. When I use the term outsourcing here it is intended as shipping out jobs overseas not contracting to private companies.
yeah, unfortunately they are frequently given to private companies. I'm definitely not opposed to chopping out bureaucrats. I feel like there's a lot of money wasted in between taxing and spending thanks to this governments bloated administration.

Although I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought of pursuing a fed job myself, once I get out of college.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
yeah, unfortunately they are frequently given to private companies. I'm definitely not opposed to chopping out bureaucrats. I feel like there's a lot of money wasted in between taxing and spending thanks to this governments bloated administration.

Although I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought of pursuing a fed job myself, once I get out of college.
I had two careers. The last one was a federal government job and I retired with it. I had a very fortunate tour and loved the work. The benefits are hard to beat and the pay isn't bad if you get into the right career field and qualify for a high grade. Fortunately I did.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well that's assuming that you can get cheaper labor elsewhere that can do the same job equally. With some types of work that's a lot harder said then done.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Well that's assuming that you can get cheaper labor elsewhere that can do the same job equally. With some types of work that's a lot harder said then done.
Clothing and electronics are huge out sourced items. Some low and medium jewelery lines are highly out sourced also.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Clothing and electronics are huge out sourced items. Some low and medium jewelery lines are highly out sourced also.
Well raise minimum wage more and see what will happen with outsourcing.

By the way, I have no real problem with outsourcing. It leads to a lot of products being cheaper for us to purchase and lot of Americans feel they are too good for those jobs as well (Which is sad).

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Well raise minimum wage more and see what will happen with outsourcing.

By the way, I have no real problem with outsourcing. It leads to a lot of products being cheaper for us to purchase and lot of Americans feel they are too good for those jobs as well (Which is sad).
It's a trade off decision first to the business owner who sometimes has to decide whether they want to continue to be in business. In order to to this you have to be competitive and that will almost always create outsourcing. Yes labor costs is the issue. Pay American workers an equitable amount and the result will be either a shutdown or insolvency. That helps no one. Outsourcing allows the business to continue and keep the business open to be productive and contribute taxes to the system plus retain a partial domestic work force. It also allows the American consumer to buy products at prices that are more affordable. At the heart of the matter is the nation's prosperity has become unaffordable for many so in order to at least keep the marketplace viable other countries labor force has bridged the gap.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
It is embarrassing to be an American these days. More than usual with the clown show the (R) race has turned into.

Now even Rubio is lowering himself to the gutter to see who can win a battle of insults with Trump.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It is embarrassing to be an American these days. More than usual with the clown show the (R) race has turned into.

Now even Rubio is lowering himself to the gutter to see who can win a battle of insults with Trump.
They are terrified of him. Desperation leads to desperate actions.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Panicking Mitch McConnell Says GOP Will Help Hillary Beat Trump If He Wins The Nom

Panicking Mitch McConnell Says GOP Will Help Hillary Beat Trump If He Wins The Nom

In the most surreal moment in modern American politics, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told panicking Republicans that the GOP would actively destroy Donald Trump’s election chances if it came to that. That rush of warm air you feel on your face? It’s the wave of radiation from the Republican Party’s nuclear meltdown. We’re witnessing the death of a major political party.

Things are getting truly desperate in conservative camps and the grim acceptance that this isn’t a bad dream and that Trump is almost surely going to win the nomination has begun to set in. It’s led to an odd plan. In a stunning report by the New York Times, Republican sources confirm that party leadership is planning to destroy Trump and give Hillary Clinton the win rather than let him have control of the GOP.

To rally depressed Republicans, McConnell has hatched an unthinkable tactical retreat: Let Hillary Clinton win and focus on maintaining control over the Senate.

While still hopeful that Mr. Rubio might prevail, Mr. McConnell has begun preparing senators for the prospect of a Trump nomination, assuring them that, if it threatened to harm them in the general election, they could run negative ads about Mr. Trump to create space between him and Republican senators seeking re-election. Mr. McConnell has raised the possibility of treating Mr. Trump’s loss as a given and describing a Republican Senate to voters as a necessary check on a President Hillary Clinton, according to senators at the lunches.

Did you catch that? Mitch McConnell floated the idea of tanking his party’s own candidate for president over sandwiches at lunch.

McConnell’s thinking is this: If Republicans accept that Trump will never win the general election, they can devote their energy towards running against Clinton at the senate level. If that sounds insane, then welcome to the Republican Party in 2016.

The saddest part in this scheme is that McConnell’s plan probably won’t even work – at least not in the way he hopes. For one thing, Trump has run his entire campaign on being anti-everything the current “establishment” Republican Party stands for. If his rabid supporters catch wind of the fact that loathed senators like Mitch McConnell are lining against him, that will only make him more popular. Trump’s been saying the party is against him all along. This only confirms it.

Making matters even more dire, McConnell’s tenure as Senate Leader has been defined by such egregious levels of obstructionism that Republican lawmakers are roughly as popular as athlete’s foot. In just the last few weeks, sources leaked McConnell’s plan to literally do nothing during this year’s legislative session. If that “do nothing” strategy is shameful, he only made it worse by following it up with the announcement that he would be blocking President Obama’s Supreme Court Justice nominee to score political points. Neither decision was popular with Democrats or Republicans.

As a result, polls suggest McConnell is leading Senate Republicans into an epic defeat on election day. Having destroyed Trump to save the jobs of Senate Republicans, he will be left with nothing to show for it. A fitting end to a Republican Party that rushed so fast to the bottom that they didn’t realize they had jumped off of a cliff.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
:lol

It must be so hard for you to live here. You show great intestinal fortitude by sticking it out through these tough times.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
:lol

It must be so hard for you to live here. You show great intestinal fortitude by sticking it out through these tough times.
Seriously.

Rubio called Trump a scam artist (which is actually true) or whatever. Embarrassing! :lol

As if America wasn't founded on way worse political discourse.

The funny thing about Bipo is he is way more partisan than the "R"s that he's constantly admonishing for being partisan.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
In the most surreal moment in modern American politics, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told panicking Republicans that the GOP would actively destroy Donald Trump’s election chances if it came to that. That rush of warm air you feel on your face? It’s the wave of radiation from the Republican Party’s nuclear meltdown. We’re witnessing the death of a major political party.

Things are getting truly desperate in conservative camps and the grim acceptance that this isn’t a bad dream and that Trump is almost surely going to win the nomination has begun to set in. It’s led to an odd plan. In a stunning report by the New York Times, Republican sources confirm that party leadership is planning to destroy Trump and give Hillary Clinton the win rather than let him have control of the GOP.

To rally depressed Republicans, McConnell has hatched an unthinkable tactical retreat: Let Hillary Clinton win and focus on maintaining control over the Senate.

While still hopeful that Mr. Rubio might prevail, Mr. McConnell has begun preparing senators for the prospect of a Trump nomination, assuring them that, if it threatened to harm them in the general election, they could run negative ads about Mr. Trump to create space between him and Republican senators seeking re-election. Mr. McConnell has raised the possibility of treating Mr. Trump’s loss as a given and describing a Republican Senate to voters as a necessary check on a President Hillary Clinton, according to senators at the lunches.

Did you catch that? Mitch McConnell floated the idea of tanking his party’s own candidate for president over sandwiches at lunch.

McConnell’s thinking is this: If Republicans accept that Trump will never win the general election, they can devote their energy towards running against Clinton at the senate level. If that sounds insane, then welcome to the Republican Party in 2016.

The saddest part in this scheme is that McConnell’s plan probably won’t even work – at least not in the way he hopes. For one thing, Trump has run his entire campaign on being anti-everything the current “establishment” Republican Party stands for. If his rabid supporters catch wind of the fact that loathed senators like Mitch McConnell are lining against him, that will only make him more popular. Trump’s been saying the party is against him all along. This only confirms it.

Making matters even more dire, McConnell’s tenure as Senate Leader has been defined by such egregious levels of obstructionism that Republican lawmakers are roughly as popular as athlete’s foot. In just the last few weeks, sources leaked McConnell’s plan to literally do nothing during this year’s legislative session. If that “do nothing” strategy is shameful, he only made it worse by following it up with the announcement that he would be blocking President Obama’s Supreme Court Justice nominee to score political points. Neither decision was popular with Democrats or Republicans.

As a result, polls suggest McConnell is leading Senate Republicans into an epic defeat on election day. Having destroyed Trump to save the jobs of Senate Republicans, he will be left with nothing to show for it. A fitting end to a Republican Party that rushed so fast to the bottom that they didn’t realize they had jumped off of a cliff.
McConnell would do well to understand who has the hole card here. Trump could go independent and blow up the GOP s chance in the general election.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Seriously.

Rubio called Trump a scam artist (which is actually true) or whatever. Embarrassing! :lol

As if America wasn't founded on way worse political discourse.

The funny thing about Bipo is he is way more partisan than the "R"s that he's constantly admonishing for being partisan.
He also insinuated that Trump had a small penis and made fun of his "tan" among other insults. Very Presidential.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
McConnell would do well to understand who has the hole card here. Trump could go independent and blow up the GOP s chance in the general election.
What I love about the system America has set up is that neither party really cares who the public wants to nominate. They basically want their hand picked candidate and they will make sure that person is on the ballot no matter what. It's why Hilary is going to be on the Democratic ticket no matter how much support Bernie seems to drum up. The Republican big wigs want to be able to do the same thing and bypass Trump and are using every tactic possible. All this stuff tells me is that our 2 party system is a joke. The President isn't someone elected by the people. It is someone hand picked by a bunch of elitists in each political party. I don't think it tells me anything specific about the long term sustainability of the Republican or Democratic party. Just that the whole system is a corrupt fraud.

townsend

Banned
What I love about the system America has set up is that neither party really cares who the public wants to nominate. They basically want their hand picked candidate and they will make sure that person is on the ballot no matter what. It's why Hilary is going to be on the Democratic ticket no matter how much support Bernie seems to drum up. The Republican big wigs want to be able to do the same thing and bypass Trump and are using every tactic possible. All this stuff tells me is that our 2 party system is a joke. The President isn't someone elected by the people. It is someone hand picked by a bunch of elitists in each political party. I don't think it tells me anything specific about the long term sustainability of the Republican or Democratic party. Just that the whole system is a corrupt fraud.
Yes. Yes. and Yes. We have so many weird buffers between the populace and the actual system. The concept of super delegates should be illegal. As much as its bad for the country it is kind of funny to see the stuffed shirts of the Republican Party get their asses handed to them by a dumbass who just runs his mouth.

I don't think anything good can come from it, but historians will be teaching on this election for the next several centuries.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The seal on the deal is that the electoral college is still in place even with all the capabilities available for almost instant voter tabulation. This system allows for a candidate to win even without having the popular vote and both parties like that vehicle because it is handy for manipulating the process.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
The seal on the deal is that the electoral college is still in place even with all the capabilities available for almost instant voter tabulation. This system allows for a candidate to win even without having the popular vote and both parties like that vehicle because it is handy for manipulating the process.
I think this is the first anti-establishment thing you've ever said. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom