Paxton Lynch says a couple of teams were “spooked” by Combine medical exam

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Paxton Lynch says a couple of teams were “spooked” by Combine medical exam

Posted by Josh Alper on February 26, 2016, 5:26 PM EST

Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch came out of college with questions to answer about his mechanics and polish as a quarterback, but those weren’t the only ones that concerned teams at the Scouting Combine.

Lynch’s media session on Friday was delayed because his medical exam ran longer than expected. Lynch said he had suffered previous injuries to both knees and his shoulder, although he wasn’t aware of the one that turned up during his physical.

“When I hurt my AC joint my sophomore year against Cincinnati, I didn’t realize that I had a small fracture in my clavicle,” Lynch said, via NJ.com. “So that showed up on the x-ray. But it’s healed. There are pieces of bones just floating around in there. It spooked a team or two, so they requested an MRI.”

Lynch said he isn’t bothered by anything in his shoulder, although it will be one more thing for teams to add to their evaluation in the coming months. Of bigger consequence will surely be Lynch’s ability to run a pro offense, something he also addressed on Friday.

“The schemes are going to be a little bit different. I’m going to have to call the plays from the huddle,” Lynch said. “But that isn’t something I see as an issue as long as I work on it. I know some of the pass protections and things will be similar, just different terminology. As long as I get to work, I don’t see it as something I can’t handle.”

Lynch and the rest of the quarterbacks work out in Indianapolis on Saturday.
-------------

I bet it was his hair.

It is very aggressive and off-putting.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yeah. He needs a personal groomer to be on the Cowboys and then some counseling.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I had no idea he looked like such a douchebag.

View attachment 358
He did not look like that before. Now he looks like he is going to Odell Beckham's hair dresser and I will be damned if that isn't practically a deal breaker for me. How can you respect a QB that looks like that?

Jiggyfly

Banned
He did not look like that before. Now he looks like he is going to Odell Beckham's hair dresser and I will be damned if that isn't practically a deal breaker for me. How can you respect a QB that looks like that?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Please.

Nobody really respected Jim McMahon either.

He was a clown. Most players in that era recognized him as a jerk and a douche.

Ryan's D won that title for them.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Please.

Nobody really respected Jim McMahon either.

He was a clown. Most players in that era recognized him as a jerk and a douche.

Ryan's D won that title for them.
I was just EFnnn with you.

I knew he would set you off.:lol

D

Deuce

He's a surfer douche from Daytona Beach. What do you expect?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yea he didn't used to look like such a chach, must be a Combine special.

In all honesty, it is something that could make you wonder. Small town guy, very lightly recruited, gets some fame and clearly makes a conscious choice to fix himself up like some preening teenager for the world to see as he's about to introduced to the NFL world so to speak, could the guy handle being in the spotlight in a place like Dallas? Or would he implode on himself as he allows himself to be consumed by everything that comes with being an NFL player off the field?

It's a reach obviously but compare that with a guy like Wentz who has a similar background yet obviously gives 0 fucks, dude just goes out, performs well and then gets back to tweeting about guns and bible verses and so forth.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He's a surfer douche from Daytona Beach. What do you expect?
Ah, it makes sense now.

I hereby deem him the new Rob Johnson.

He was the surfer dude that everyone lost their minds about in the mid 1990s.

Cost Fat Wade his job in Buffalo. Earned the nickname "Robo-sack". Bounced around to a dozen different teams, sucking everywhere he went.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea he didn't used to look like such a chach, must be a Combine special.
That's sort of always been his hair style from what I can tell from pictures. His hair has just grown out a little. I think you all care way too much about this stuff.

arcticdiesel

That's sort of always been his hair style from what I can tell from pictures. His hair has just grown out a little. I think you all care way too much about this stuff.
Yes- he looks like a douche with the hair; but it's right with the people ripping Romo for his backward hats.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes- he looks like a douche with the hair; but it's right with the people ripping Romo for his backward hats.
It's a generational thing in my opinion. Younger people don't have a problem with them. I'm 31 and don't see the big deal with his hair. And honestly if he was winning games for the Cowboys nobody else would care either.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's a generational thing in my opinion. Younger people don't have a problem with them. I'm 31 and don't see the big deal with his hair. And honestly if he was winning games for the Cowboys nobody else would care either.
I'm 29, I also don't really care about this, I would be curious to explore how he would handle being in the spotlight in a place like Dallas though. These are thoughts that I had before seeing his hair, and would be having regardless of whatever kind of hair style he has.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm 29, I also don't really care about this, I would be curious to explore how he would handle being in the spotlight in a place like Dallas though. These are thoughts that I had before seeing his hair, and would be having regardless of whatever kind of hair style he has.
Listening to him he is a very humble likable guy. I have seen nothing to be concerned about. Always gave credit to his teammates.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You bunch of young fuckers need to get the hell off my lawn!

dallen

Senior Tech
His first name is Paxton. It is clear he has terrible parents

Top Bottom