QB Is Not An Option, Your Pick

QB Is Not An Option, Your Pick

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
QB is not an option.

Jerry and Goof Son have determined that Romo has four more years, it is not a damn debate.

Trading down is not in the cards. We are on the clock.

What prospect are you comfortable with our first round choice?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jaylon Smith.

~Berman head swing~

Schmitty?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Wonder if that knocks him completely out of the first round? I knew we expected him to be out the year but it's the "at least" part that is disturbing.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I pick Treadwell. I was going to pick Bosa, but then I didn't.

Rev

Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm going to wait until I see what Bosa does on Sunday but unless he bombs it'd be Bosa. I'm also quite curious to see what Mack runs at his Pro Day. Buckner would be an interesting pick, I wouldn't totally hate it because we need some DL with some lead in their ass.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am putting it out there. Get Elliott we have the 2014 offense back again. Real RB keeps Romo from harm's way.

Who cares if 4 is too high for a RB. If you are in "win now" mode, then you take the player who can transform the whole team. Not just suck up a starting job and a roster spot.

Sorry, McFadden scares nobody. Get that mojo back again where we are going to effing run it down your throat and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm going to wait until I see what Bosa does on Sunday but unless he bombs it'd be Bosa. I'm also quite curious to see what Mack runs at his Pro Day. Buckner would be an interesting pick, I wouldn't totally hate it because we need some DL with some lead in their ass.
Reading this actually shifted my opinion on the guy a little. Still think he lacks the closing speed to be an every down end but he does show some ability to turn the corner.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/02/23/draft-why-pff-is-obsessed-with-deforest-buckner/

Cotton

Staff member
Jaylon Smith? Treadwell? What the fuck is going on here?
Well, I hate the idea of not going QB, so I'm going with Treadwell and I'm going to sit back and watch the world burn.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't hate Elliott but it would be really difficult for me to spend a top 5 pick on a guy who is probably 50/50 at best to get a 2nd contract in Dallas. I do think he could step in and put up 1,500 yards and 10+ TD's as a rookie though.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea, I mean I don't really know if he could play DE in our scheme except for in short yardage situations, I'd be really tempted to just put him inside next to Crawford.
I'd probably put him at the 3 technique instead of Crawford. Then use Crawford as a rotational D-lineman who plays DT on passing downs and some DE during regular downs with Lawrence and Gregory. Having a mountain like that in the middle of the D-line could cause problems for QB's trying to find throwing lanes. We have also seen what a guy like Hatcher with a similar body type was able to do as a pass rusher from that spot.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well, I hate the idea of not going QB, so I'm going with Treadwell and I'm going to sit back and watch the world burn.
If that is your preference, you should have chosen Ramsey.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
QB is not an option.

Jerry and Goof Son have determined that Romo has four more years, it is not a damn debate.

Trading down is not in the cards. We are on the clock.

What prospect are you comfortable with our first round choice?
You have never believed anything else they have said. No time to start. Otherwise we tag you as boozezilla.

Cotton

Staff member

Rev

Staff member
I wouldn't hate Elliott but it would be really difficult for me to spend a top 5 pick on a guy who is probably 50/50 at best to get a 2nd contract in Dallas. I do think he could step in and put up 1,500 yards and 10+ TD's as a rookie though.
1500 /10 does exactly what Booze says it does. If you think he can do that then he should Probably be the pick.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I might get lynched for this but I think I take Ramsey over Jack.

I take him easily over Elliot too. Of the guys listed I probably go:

Bosa
Buckner
Ramsey
Jack
Treadwell
Elliot

In that order.

Top Bottom