Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Franklin comes across as pretty clueless imo.

The NFL worries about college system players because the NFL IS a different game. You can't run a lot of the bullshit they run in college because so many pro defenders are bigger, stronger and faster. You can't overmatch them like you can in college, where those types of defenders are rare.

So then with certain players you have to worry about, can the guy still be productive without that system.

The nfl is littered with system players that got chewed up and spit out. And almost every"college system" coach has met that same fate.
Yea, but the key is being able to recognize the traits that are transferable to the NFL and being able to gauge, as a coach, whether or not those traits can be fit into the system that you run. It's not like if Andrew Luck was running a spread he wouldn't have made it in the NFL, it's about the traits. Some NFL coaches act like anybody from certain schemes won't work in the NFL, although I think that mindset is starting to lessen.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:unsure

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

God damn it, stop saying this shit.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yea, but the key is being able to recognize the traits that are transferable to the NFL and being able to gauge, as a coach, whether or not those traits can be fit into the system that you run. It's not like if Andrew Luck was running a spread he wouldn't have made it in the NFL, it's about the traits. Some NFL coaches act like anybody from certain schemes won't work in the NFL, although I think that mindset is starting to lessen.
Agreed, but I don't think that's what Franklin was saying.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

He kinda does. He did it at the Senior Bowl too. Stepford Ginger QB.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Maybe he means the color of his hair.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Ginger. Talks like Garrett.

If he has a high SPARQ score we probably love him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Well then.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Well then.
Jesus, didn't realize it was that bad. It's sad if it's a career ender for him. Ridiculously talented guy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jesus, didn't realize it was that bad. It's sad if it's a career ender for him. Ridiculously talented guy.
Not sure about all the nerve damage stuff. For all we know it was fed to the media to scare some off.

I just know by seeing him walk to the podium, there is no way he plays at an acceptable level this season.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Well then.
I picked Smith in the other thread but yeah you have to clear him on medical for an eventual return. If it's that much of a concern, he's a box player.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Interesting study on the WR class.

If Doctson didn't impress you at the Combine, this will.

Starting to think I really want the guy, but I fear he won't make it to 34.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Big Doctson fan, in an ideal world I want that DT at 34 but I'd be happy with doctson too.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Big Doctson fan, in an ideal world I want that DT at 34 but I'd be happy with doctson too.
Obviously Terrence Williams is not trust worthy and is entering his contract year.

I would draft Doctson in a second, but I bet we pass even if he is there. Garrett loves him some Williams and even Jones keeps raving about his "Irvin-like" work ethic.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Obviously Terrence Williams is not trust worthy and is entering his contract year.

I would draft Doctson in a second, but I bet we pass even if he is there. Garrett loves him some Williams and even Jones keeps raving about his "Irvin-like" work ethic.
Yep. I have been saying for at least 2 years that Williams wasn't a keeper. He is erratic and still cannot run a route or get seperation.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yep. I have been saying for at least 2 years that Williams wasn't a keeper. He is erratic and still cannot run a route or get seperation.
I agree he is erratic but he has turned into a pretty good route runner and he does get seperation against a good amount of guys.

He is a average number 2 type who could be upgraded.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Interesting study on the WR class.

If Doctson didn't impress you at the Combine, this will.

Starting to think I really want the guy, but I fear he won't make it to 34.
Depending on how Treadwell runs Doctson should probably be pushing him for that top spot.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I like Doctson a lot, but want that big DT with 34, I want Shepard in the 3rd ~sets judas figurine upsidedown~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom