Peter King-There is nothing certain about Tony Romo​

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Dak is going to have to prove he can get the ball down the field though, no matter how good Morris and Zeke are.

I'm a bit concerned about that once he gets into the real season and DC's start disguising stuff and throwing the kitchen sink at him. He's a rookie, and there's going to be a lot of growing pains.
No doubt there's gonna be growing pains.

I'm still waiting for him to look like a rookie though.

He looked good on the bomb to Butler and the outs to Dez.

And if you're designing play action passes, it would help his down the field throws as well.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
No doubt about it.

They seem to be doing a great job so far in designing with Dak in mind.

Now that he's the starter, Linehan needs to work in a lot more play action and QB runs.

The running game took a load off Romo's shoulders in '14.

I'm pretty excited about how the offense is gonna look this year.
I think it'll run just fine. Hopefully we'll set up the play action pass that Dak seems to run quite well so far. Just rely on the run game and keep them honest.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Dak is going to have to prove he can get the ball down the field though, no matter how good Morris and Zeke are.

I'm a bit concerned about that once he gets into the real season and DC's start disguising stuff and throwing the kitchen sink at him. He's a rookie, and there's going to be a lot of growing pains.
That's about the size of it. Again if the season starts 3/3 it could be a good sign.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I think it'll run just fine. Hopefully we'll set up the play action pass that Dak seems to run quite well so far. Just rely on the run game and keep them honest.
At this point I'm more worried about protecting the shitty defense than Dak.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's somewhat amazing that we're even discussing the possibility of a QB controversy in Dallas.

:towel
A QB controversy is, premature since Prescott hasn't started a regular season game yet.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Based on what I've seen this preseason I don't think we have to worry much about his ability to push the ball down the field.

He's thrown a few very good deep passes this preseason. Two have ended up as TDs and that pass to Terrence Williams was on the money as well.

data

Forbes #1
Has anyone asked Jerruh if he thinks Dak is a more gifted passer than Weeden?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Based on what I've seen this preseason I don't think we have to worry much about his ability to push the ball down the field.

He's thrown a few very good deep passes this preseason. Two have ended up as TDs and that pass to Terrence Williams was on the money as well.
He threw the one to Butler 67 yards and didn't even have his feet set good. I think his arm will be fine.

1bigfan13

Staff member
He threw the one to Butler 67 yards and didn't even have his feet set good. I think his arm will be fine.
Yep. I forgot about that one.

This is why I'm not understanding the concern about his ability to throw the ball deep.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Yep. I forgot about that one.

This is why I'm not understanding the concern about his ability to throw the ball deep.
I'm not entirely sure what the concern is because the recent evidence shows otherwise.

Personally I think he'll be just fine. It's just a matter whether or not Williams actually catches the deep balls his way. But the one he dropped was on point and in stride.

The real question is why would we think Romo would still be as effective as in the past with the deep balls considering his back.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The real question is why would we think Romo would still be as effective as in the past with the deep balls considering his back.
I'm not even concerned about Romo anymore. As far as I'm concerned he's done as the Cowboys QB.

I'm sure he'll come back and will re-injure himself in some form or fashion. Dak will finish the season as the Cowboys starting QB one way or another, IMO.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I'm not even concerned about Romo anymore. As far as I'm concerned he's done as the Cowboys QB.

I'm sure he'll come back and will re-injure himself in some form or fashion. Dak will finish the season as the Cowboys starting QB one way or another, IMO.
I guess my point was more along the lines for those that are concerned about Dak and the deep ball but instantly think it returns to the game plan if Romo were playing.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Yeah, but how many games do we waste on a rusty and freshly injured Romo? I know that's weird to say after last year, but that's how I feel right now.

1bigfan13

Staff member
It's a shame that Romo wasted his career in Dallas.

His prime years wasted.....handicapped by an incapable Head Coach and a meddling, incompetent owner/GM.

A QB of his caliber with a real head coach and a competent GM probably has a ring by now or at the very least has made a couple of runs to the Conference Championship game.

Top Bottom