2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

wut
Pancake block.

Still stupid though.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Wasted pick.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
This is definitely frustrating considering how high we drafted him.

I don't care what his potential could be when there's a good chance he'll never reach it given the type of damage.

You don't fuck around with nerves.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I don't care what his potential could be when there's a good chance he'll never reach it given the type of damage.

The thing about nerves are that you won't see any improvement at all for a period of time. I'm not sure any of this is really surprising at all. It's just going to take some time. But when the nerve wakes back up it should basically come back quickly.

Cotton

Staff member

I wouldn't fret much. Not much has changed since the draft. I doubt the doctors even anticipated much nerve firing yet.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't fret much. Not much has changed since the draft. I doubt the doctors even anticipated much nerve firing yet.
Seriously what's it been, 10 minutes? Dude has nerve damage AND an ACL tear. We had already dismissed a 2016 return.

Even in 2017 there's a chance Jaylon could be rusty and less dynamic, like any athlete after a major layoff and recovered ACL.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Seriously what's it been, 10 minutes? Dude has nerve damage AND an ACL tear. We had already dismissed a 2016 return.

Even in 2017 there's a chance Jaylon could be rusty and less dynamic, like any athlete after a major layoff and recovered ACL.
In other words, if someone bought the bullshit that he "might" play this year, they are a Kool Aid chugging idiot.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
In other words, if someone bought the bullshit that he "might" play this year, they are a Kool Aid chugging idiot.
Nerves regenerate at about the same rate that hair grows. Depends on how much has to regenerate to get to where it needs to be for functionality.

townsend

Banned
It seems crazy to me we spent the 34th pick on a lottery ticket. I know we got caught with our pants down because two DEs we were targeting got picked at 32 and 33, but Jesus, you can't tell me your draft is so poorly planned that you're left scrambling through the entire day.

We may have swung and missed with a few picks in 2015, but at least it didn't feel like the front office came to the draft without being prepared. This was such a Jerry draft. Spend the entire day failing to trade and then reach for a "steal".

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It seems crazy to me we spent the 34th pick on a lottery ticket. I know we got caught with our pants down because two DEs we were targeting got picked at 32 and 33, but Jesus, you can't tell me your draft is so poorly planned that you're left scrambling through the entire day.

We may have swung and missed with a few picks in 2015, but at least it didn't feel like the front office came to the draft without being prepared. This was such a Jerry draft. Spend the entire day failing to trade and then reach for a "steal".
That seems to be what happens in the 2nd round to us. We always seem to get beaten to the punch and then make an impulsive pick as a result.

It is almost like Jones announces Alright everyone, we underestimated things. Who wants to swing for the fences?

townsend

Banned
That seems to be what happens in the 2nd round to us. We always seem to get beaten to the punch and then make an impulsive pick as a result.

It is almost like Jones announces Alright everyone, we underestimated things. Who wants to swing for the fences?
Because we have a "wildcatter" in charge of the club. Better to grip it and rip it like Tin Cup than actually doing your due diligence. I don't like aspects of the 2015 draft but at least our SPARQ knockoff had a governing strategy. I guess a 4-12 record was enough to make us give up on any kind of disciplined approach to draft day.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
34 is where Jerry went off the deep end, the 3rd and 4th round picks were measured and logical.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Watched the Denver game of the 2013 season. It was really sad seeing how bad the secondary for Dallas was. The offense was brilliant but the defense couldn't stop a young puppy. I hope there has been some fences mended this season.

Cotton

Staff member
It's looking like we will re-sign Durant. It's being reported that he "could sign soon".

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's looking like we will re-sign Durant. It's being reported that he "could sign soon".
Better him than anyone else for vet insurance. Knows the scheme and probably has a Marinelli nickname still.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Watched the Denver game of the 2013 season. It was really sad seeing how bad the secondary for Dallas was. The offense was brilliant but the defense couldn't stop a young puppy. I hope there has been some fences mended this season.
Most of the same guys are still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom