Minicamp/OTAs Thread...

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Here's hoping Doug Free doesn't see the field again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A line up with Collins and Free is better than one with Collins and Leary.
I think you're selling Leary short. Plus a dominant RT trumps a dominant LG any day of the week in my opinion.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
What will happen, will happen.

Free and Leary are both short termers here. Collins should be the fourth long term member of the line. We either need a guard or a RT and hopefully Chaz Green is it.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
my prediction this season is that Ryan Williams gets the most yards from scrimmage this season at running back. I think they secretly want him to be able to split carries with Randle. I don't think McFadden does much of anything this season. Doubt he is even on the Week 1 roster.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think you're selling Leary short. Plus a dominant RT trumps a dominant LG any day of the week in my opinion.
I'm not selling Leary short, but Free is a better T than Leary is a G.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not selling Leary short, but Free is a better T than Leary is a G.
Leary is a way better run blocker at guard then Free is at OT. Both are hit or miss at times when it comes to pass blocking. I'd rather keep the guy who Murray averaged over 6 YPC running behind as opposed to the 30 something year old Free who has sucked out loud at times in his career but did play very good last year.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I'd rather see Collins at guard because I think he'll be a beast at it, equal to Martin. At T I think he'll be probably good enough for a couple of ProBowls, but nowhere near what he could be as a Guard.
Both Leary and Free proved better than adequate, so what do I see as a better option for Collins... Guard.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Still Not Practicing, Dez Visits Valley Ranch Thursday For Cowboys OTAs

Thursday, May 28, 2015 12:11 PM CDT

By David Helman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

@HelmanDC

IRVING, Texas – He’s not practicing, but Dez Bryant clearly has no intention of completely missing the Cowboys’ Organized Team Activities.

Bryant is still in the middle of a contract negotiation and has yet to sign his franchise tender, but he told DallasCowboys.com he’d be in attendance Thursday when the Cowboys wrapped up their first week of OTAs.

That’s not exactly a new development for the All-Pro receiver, who is coming off a franchise record-setting 16-touchdown season in 2014. Bryant and the club have been discussing a new contract as far back as last fall, and he hasn’t been active in the voluntary offseason program.

Despite that, he has made regular appearances at the team’s Valley Ranch facility this spring. He stopped by on draft weekend to personally meet with first-round pick Byron Jones, and he has shown up to visit during team workouts.

“He has been in and out at different times,” said Cowboys coach Jason Garrett on Wednesday. “Obviously, he's working on the business part of his contract, working through this franchise player tag. We've been in communication with him. He's been in communication with his teammates. He seems to be in great shape whenever we've seen him.”

Bryant’s presence on the field for offseason practices isn’t overly surprising in that context – even if he’s not donning a helmet or wearing pads. Asked about Bryant’s absence on Wednesday, wide receivers coach Derek Dooley described it succinctly.

“Dez is a competitor, and he not only loves to play but he loves to practice. He loves being out there with the team,” he said. “I know he misses his teammates, I know he misses being here. But that’s just part of the deal, and I think everybody understands it.”

It remains unclear if Bryant’s continuing appearances mean much in the progress of a long-term deal. The Cowboys have until July 15 to sign their star wideout to a multi-year contract before he must sign his one-year, $12.8 million franchise tender. If the deadline passes with no deal, the two parties can’t discuss a new deal until after the 2015 season.

There’s no telling what kind of progress is made in the six weeks until then, but Bryant has made it clear that he has no intention of staying away in the meantime.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Uh not really.

Leary can dominate people Free not so much.
Seriously, how hard is it to hit the period at the end of a sentence?

Cotton

Staff member
Seriously, why the hell do you care so much.:lol
Because, it's fucking annoying and makes you the hardest to read poster here. Not that I actually try that hard.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Because, it's fucking annoying and makes you the hardest to read poster here. Not that I actually try that hard.
Yeah a freakin' period makes reading hard.:lol

I admit I am shitty at punctuation, but you have issues my friend.

Cotton

Staff member
1. Props on using a period at the end after being called out for never doing so.

2. Instead of a period, you should've used a question mark.
That would have been perfect had he combined two sentences without a period between them.

Top Bottom