2014 College Football Chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If Marinelli and these guys are still here next year I'm pretty sure this Shaq Thompson kid will interest us in the first 2 rounds. He's in the mold of Ryan Shazier, an explosive WLB that is good in coverage. He doesn't look as explosive or fast as Shazier but he seems to have a knack for making plays.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
It will get there. It's just going to take a few years.
We've been hearing that for years but the defense can't build talent if the DC leaves every year and everyone who was recruited to play his D transfers out.

We've had very young defensive talent for 8 years, because most guys don't stick around to be a Senior when they are switching from the 3-4 to the 4-2 to the 4-3 to who knows what we'll run next year.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Is there something contagious in Jerryworld that prevents OC's from calling a run on 4th&1... :picard

Carp

DCC 4Life
Abdullah is a little beast...Huskers line is having a big night, but he sets up blocks so well.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Surely Brady Hoke gets fired soon.
He'd fucking better be. The guy is a bad coach. How many more embarrassing losses does this team need to endure before our idiot AD realizes that he hired a shit stain for a head coach?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He'd fucking better be. The guy is a bad coach. How many more embarrassing losses does this team need to endure before our idiot AD realizes that he hired a shit stain for a head coach?
I'd fire him this week in hopes of lighting a spark under the team for a possible rally to at least qualify for a bowl game. Similar to what we saw with the USC Trojans last year.

It's better than the status quo which will likely end with the Wolverines finishing with only 5 wins.

Get a fresh voice in there ASAP and salvage what's left of the season. There's literally nothing to lose by doing that.

I'm not even a Michigan fan and Hoke irritates the hell out of me. He exudes vibes of incompetence.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Charlie Weis is fired from KU per the espns.

How'd he end up so terrible?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Oh I just had a thought go through my head. Dave Campo might become their interim coach.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Charlie Weis is fired from KU per the espns.

How'd he end up so terrible?
Just another OC who was made by a superstar QB.

His schematic advantage vanished once he left Tom Brady.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Just another OC who was made by a superstar QB.

His schematic advantage vanished once he left Tom Brady.
I don't think he could adjust to the college game and I don't think he was ever HC material. He's probably still good enough to be an NFL OC.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I don't think he could adjust to the college game and I don't think he was ever HC material. He's probably still good enough to be an NFL OC.
I doubt it. Nothing he's done since leaving the Patriots would make me buy into that.

Aside from the ND teams that were loaded with talent from Ty Willingham none of his offenses were worth a damn.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I doubt it. Nothing he's done since leaving the Patriots would make me buy into that.

Aside from the ND teams that were loaded with talent from Ty Willingham none of his offenses were worth a damn.
He was an offensive coordinator for the Chiefs in between there. The Chiefs had the top rushing offense in the NFL and were 9th in total offense. So yeah about that...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He was an offensive coordinator for the Chiefs in between there. The Chiefs had the top rushing offense in the NFL and were 9th in total offense. So yeah about that...
Yeah some good assistants just don't make good HCs. Norv Turner comes to mind but there are others.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Feh. That was a one year anomaly.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah some good assistants just don't make good HCs. Norv Turner comes to mind but there are others.
I also think some highly complex offenses that are great in the NFL are just not meant for college football. In the NFL you just get so much more time and access with the players to teach them a scheme and system. In college you just don't have that. You also don't have the same level of highly skilled players for execution purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom