Must See Movies

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
I just don't get 'Mama' (or its alternate title, 'Jump Scare: The Movie')

Everything Mama did at the end, why couldn't she do that at any point during the movie?

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I am years behind, but I watched Insidious because there's a new one coming out.

Aside from a few moments, it was terrible. Same writer/director combo as Saw, and it had pretty much everything I disliked about Saw and nothing that made it interesting. The plot fell apart after
the grandma is like, oh btw, you had a scary old lady floating around you as a child and I forgot to mention it. Thereafter, it's all, oh, btw, you come from a bloodline of astral projectors. Oh, btw, here are some f'ed up drawings your kid made that you hung on the bulletin board and never thought anything of until now.

I mostly blame the writer, because apparently Wan did a good job on The Conjuring without him, but the decision to show all of the demons or whatever up close was a bad one that sucked out any tension that had been built up.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Rumors are that Palpatine will be back as a Force Ghost like Obi Wan in the new trilogy.

~Flush~

The big negative of going dark side was that if you died evil, then there was nothing. You didn't get to become one with the Force.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Another rumor going around is that Christian Bale is being offered $50 million to be Batman again.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
I am years behind, but I watched Insidious because there's a new one coming out.

Aside from a few moments, it was terrible. Same writer/director combo as Saw, and it had pretty much everything I disliked about Saw and nothing that made it interesting. The plot fell apart after
the grandma is like, oh btw, you had a scary old lady floating around you as a child and I forgot to mention it. Thereafter, it's all, oh, btw, you come from a bloodline of astral projectors. Oh, btw, here are some f'ed up drawings your kid made that you hung on the bulletin board and never thought anything of until now.

I mostly blame the writer, because apparently Wan did a good job on The Conjuring without him, but the decision to show all of the demons or whatever up close was a bad one that sucked out any tension that had been built up.
Hell, they showed the demon in the damn trailer

Carp

DCC 4Life
Affleck is an excellent actor...I love the casting.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I like his more recent stuff, but still not sure he can pull this off. Of course anything after Bale's Bats will be tough. Kinda like a any QB following a legend.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I like his more recent stuff, but still not sure he can pull this off. Of course anything after Bale's Bats will be tough. Kinda like a any QB following a legend.
The first movie, he was on point. After that he was a grunting guttural mess.

Top Bottom