With Playoff Spot Secured Should Romo Play Now?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
:lol

It's far more likely then your wet dream of Romo taking over and winning the Superbowl.
You just like to make up odds and pretend like there is something concrete it.

Hey, tell us again how Dez was more at fault than Dak on Sunday, that was a good one.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You just like to make up odds and pretend like there is something concrete it.

Hey, tell us again how Dez was more at fault than Dak on Sunday, that was a good one.
Show me where I said he was more at fault? I said Dez was the reason for Dez's poor performance. Maybe you should read the entire paragraph I wrote instead of one sentance.

And you like to make batshit crazy statements and claim "opinion."

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Show me where I said he was more at fault? I said Dez was the reason for Dez's poor performance. Maybe you should read the entire paragraph I wrote instead of one sentance.

And you like to make batshit crazy statements and claim "opinion."
So for the record then, Dak was more responsible for the horrific passing display on a Sunday than Dez, right?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So for the record then, Dak was more responsible for the horrific passing display on a Sunday than Dez, right?
Yes, and Dez was totally responsible for his own shit performance. No one forced Dak to keep throwing the ball to a Dez who was playing like shit.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You don't start a QB carousel with the best record in football. Once you step into the relm of one or two bad games gets you benched you set a very scary precedent for the team.
Hilarious.

You are the one who made up the whole carousel scenario.

Dallas' historic QB move has been premised on Dak's crazily exceeding the expectations of a rookie QB. The bar is very high, and Dak has been meeting it.

But now we don't know whether he's just having a couple of bad games or is seriously hitting a rookie wall like 100% of all NFL rookies do. Even Big Ben had a string of shit games his rookie year.

But that Pitt team didn't rely on Ben like we rely on our QB. They were a Ward/Bus/Defense kind of team. Ben never threw for more than 2 TDs and had multiple 2 interception games.

Our team is built around the offense and needs the QB to play well.

If Dak struggles, our defense isn't going to last long against NE, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Washington or maybe even Detroit, Seattle, or NY.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hilarious.

You are the one who made up the whole carousel scenario.
Anyone suggesting we should bench Dak after 2 bad games is the one who is making the carousel scenario up. Which appears to be you. So yeah, if you bench Dak after 2 bad games, do you then bench Romo after 2 games? It's a stupid ass precedent to set.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
There's no carousel about it. If Dak can't find his way through this you start Romo and be done with it.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Dak did not play well but Dez and the other WRs have not done him any favors the past couple games. This WR corps is not really very good and it is obvious when they play teams that have some guys that can really cover. Dez is very talented but he is also not a consistent player and struggles to get any kind of separation on a fairly regular basis. Terrence Williams is a very limited WR. Brice Butler? Fringe NFL WR. Beasley is a great slot guy but it looked to me like MN and the NYG decided to do whatever they could to take him and Witten out of the game, forcing the WRs to try and get open. They did not get open often enough. This is likely going to be a problem going forward and the coaching staff and the outside WRs are going to have to adjust. Romo would probably be better at "throwing them open" and/or fitting the ball into tighter spaces but he has limits to his game as well and he has also made a ton of costly mistakes throughout his career.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's no carousel about it. If Dak can't find his way through this you start Romo and be done with it.
So if Romo comes in and looks like hot garbage for 2 games? You wouldn't consider going back to the guy who won you 11 straight? What kind of logic is that?

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
So if Romo comes in and looks like hot garbage for 2 games? You wouldn't consider going back to the guy who won you 11 straight? What kind of logic is that?
That is one of the glaring flaws in the "It's unraveling!!! Start Romo now!!!" narrative. It seems to just be assumed that he is going to come in and play well. Why? Because he was awesome...in 2014. When he was two years younger, had suffered less damage to his body, and was in the flow of playing games every week. There is no guarantee whatsoever that he would come in and do any better than Dak. Would he? Maybe, maybe not. Experience is great but Mark Sanchez has a lot of experience as a starter and in fact has more postseason success than Romo. Anyone clamoring for him to start? I am being facetious with that example of course, but the point is that it is not a given that Romo would play well just because he is a veteran.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Once Prescott is yanked, you don't go back.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's why you don't yank Dak in the first place. He is the one led us to 11 straight wins. Let him fight it out until he gets back on a hot streak like that.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Agreed, but I don't agree with this idea that you ruin him or you can't go to Romo.

You absolutely can and should go to Romo if Dak and the offense struggle again.

I think Dak is mature and professional enough to accept that if it happens. But once you do go to Romo, you ride it out until we're done.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed, but I don't agree with this idea that you ruin him or you can't go to Romo.

I think Dak is mature and professional enough to accept that if it happens. But once you do go to Romo, you ride it out until we're done.
I disagree with you that you should go to Romo if Dak struggles next game. To me 2 bad games don't outweigh 11 straight weeks of dominance. But I'm not one of the people who thinks you ruin Dak if you bench him. Dak has always had his head on straight. I have no doubt that he would take being benched as motivation to come back even better next time he gets a chance. The guy is a true team player. I don't think you ruin anything mentally for Dak.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I disagree with you that you should go to Romo if Dak struggles next game. To me 2 bad games don't outweigh 11 straight weeks of dominance. But I'm not one of the people who thinks you ruin Dak if you bench him. Dak has always had his head on straight. I have no doubt that he would take being benched as motivation to come back even better next time he gets a chance. The guy is a true team player. I don't think you ruin anything mentally for Dak.
I've seen your posts regarding the Vikings game, and I disagree.

He wasn't awful, but he certainly struggled and doing so again against the Bucs would make it 3 straight games where both he and the offense as a whole weren't good enough.

That's enough if a sample size to consider it a trend and not a blip on the radar.

If he struggles this week, it's time for Romo.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've seen your posts regarding the Vikings game, and I disagree.

He wasn't awful, but he certainly struggled and doing so again against the Bucs would make it 3 straight games where both he and the offense as a whole weren't good enough.

That's enough if a sample size to consider it a trend and not a blip on the radar.

If he struggles this week, it's time for Romo.
And I'll give the same response for what everyone does with Romo's poor 2015 performances, Dak still won the game. And frankly, I think you're just getting too caught up in pure yards.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And I'll give the same response for what everyone does with Romo's poor 2015 performances, Dak still won the game. And frankly, I think you're just getting too caught up in pure yards.
No, I'm getting caught up in points per game and offensive efficiency.

In 2 games, this offense drove the length of the field only twice.

They've only scored 3 total TDs with one of them coming off a ST turnover that put us in a goal to go situation.

No matter how much you try to shine the turd up, you can't. This offense stinks right now and Dak's struggles are one of the reasons why.

Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It's why you don't yank Dak in the first place. He is the one led us to 11 straight wins. Let him fight it out until he gets back on a hot streak like that.
It's why he's still in there.

But if he also struggles vs the Bucs, it's only common sense to warm up Romo-- especially if we lose. The Bucs defense is the strength of their team and they are desperate.

We need to approach this game like it was the Superbowl.

p1_

DCC 4Life

You had better pray that you get the 2014 Tony Romo, and not the Tony Romo who's hardly played in two full seasons. If Romo gets called on to deliver the promise that Dak has ushered in and then
lays an egg, we're hosed. And wait to hear the backlash afterward.

Top Bottom