2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

townsend

Banned
Maybe not, but I also don't want to see super homer mode like you were free that Texas game. Once Crabtree scored that last TD, it was unbearable.
That was the greatest moment in football history.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Maybe not, but I also don't want to see super homer mode like you were free that Texas game. Once Crabtree scored that last TD, it was unbearable.
Yeah, I'm sure I was pretty bad after that game. :lol

townsend

Banned
And, for it to happen at home made it 100 times better.
I watched the game in Guam with one other TT fan in a room full of UT fans. (About 40% of my boat's engineering dept was Texans.)

We had been assholes the entire game, then when Texas took the lead late, we had to shut up and the UT fans acted like total assholes, just really poor sports. Seeing their despair after Crabtree ran it in was some of the purest joy I've ever felt. Totally worth the friendships it ruined.

Cotton

Staff member
I watched the game in Guam with one other TT fan in a room full of UT fans. (About 40% of my boat's engineering dept was Texans.)

We had been assholes the entire game, then when Texas took the lead late, we had to shut up and the UT fans acted like total assholes, just really poor sports. Seeing their despair after Crabtree ran it in was some of the purest joy I've ever felt. Totally worth the friendships it ruined.
:lol

Very similar to how I watched it. I watched it with my brother who is a teasip and he talked mad shit after the last UT score. The raucous I caused after Crabtree spun and walked into the end zone was epic.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't remember what thread it was mentioned in, but I just watched the Troy Aikman "A Football Life" and I can tell you it was phenomenal. An absolute must watch. The way Jerry fucked him over still astounds me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't remember what thread it was mentioned in, but I just watched the Troy Aikman "A Football Life" and I can tell you it was phenomenal. An absolute must watch. The way Jerry fucked him over still astounds me.
I meant to watch it, but I missed it. Will have to wait until Wednesday I guess.

But I have seen little snippets where it illustrates just how frustrated he was the last four years of his career.

One clip had him losing it on Jack Reilly (one of the worst coaching hires of the Jerry era) about nobody jumping on anyone's case and how frustrated he was with the undisciplined bunch of losers on the team.

Sad thing is, I doubt Lombardi himself could have got anything out of that shit talent that Jones assembled.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Prescott vs top 8 pass defenses (DVOA)
before game-tying drive vs Eagles
34 of 67 375 yd 0 td 1 int 61.5
since
49 of 71 579 yd 6 td 0 int 121.7

The only QB with over a 103 passer rating in 10 of the first 12 games of a season are Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, and Dak Prescott.

kidd

DCC 4Life
I meant to watch it, but I missed it. Will have to wait until Wednesday I guess.

But I have seen little snippets where it illustrates just how frustrated he was the last four years of his career.

One clip had him losing it on Jack Reilly (one of the worst coaching hires of the Jerry era) about nobody jumping on anyone's case and how frustrated he was with the undisciplined bunch of losers on the team.

Sad thing is, I doubt Lombardi himself could have got anything out of that shit talent that Jones assembled.
The sound is a little weird so everyone's voice is an optic or two lower but you can still watch.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The sound is a little weird so everyone's voice is an optic or two lower but you can still watch.
Thanks for the effort, but the voices are too much to handle.

Cotton

Staff member

It's really good. I never knew his animosity ran so deep back then. I know he wasn't happy post Switzer-hire, but damn I think he hated and probably still truly hates Jerry. It's no wonder he always seems anti-Dallas when he calls their games.

Cotton

Staff member
This is a poll on ESPN's site. I voted NFC Championship game. I was surprised at how many voted SB win.

dallen

Senior Tech
I heard we clinched a playoff spot. Dope.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
This is a poll on ESPN's site. I voted NFC Championship game. I was surprised at how many voted SB win.

I'm not surprised.

While we have our flaws, we have been the most consistent out of everyone.

While all the other teams go back and forth between looking like a good team and a mediocre one, there we've been all season just winning and winning and winning and doing so with the same formula.

It's crazy, isn't it? It wasn't that long ago when we were complaining about not having an identity and being so inconsistent, and now here we are being the ONE team who knows exactly who they are.

So I'm sure the poll results stem from people taking that approach of "If I had to pick one team.....".

I don't think anyone sees us as this juggernaut, but they also don't feel all that confident in someone else knocking us off either.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
I'm not surprised.

While we have our flaws, we have been the most consistent out of everyone.

While all the other teams go back and forth between looking like a good team and a mediocre one, there we've been all season just winning and winning and winning and doing so with the same formula.

It's crazy, isn't it? It wasn't that long ago when we were complaining about not having an identity and being so inconsistent, and now here we are being the ONE team who knows exactly who they are.

So I'm sure the poll results stem from people taking that approach of "If I had to be one someone.....".

I don't think anyone sees us as this juggernaut, but they also don't feel all that confident in someone else knocking us off either.
All of this is true, but Cowboys haters are some of the strongest haters on the planet. They can normally balance out a poll like this all by themselves. But, even the power of a Cowboys hater can't do it this year. :towel

Gawd, I think I'm going to be sick. brb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom