When Romo is completely healthy, who do you play?

When Romo is completely healthy, who do you play?

• Dak

Votes: 36 90.0%
  • Tony

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Flozell, Davis, Gurode, Kosier, Colombo. Flozell went down in the Vikings game, Free came in at LT and it was a mess, if I'm remembering correctly.

The line was very good in 2007 but by 2009 it was starting to teeter as they all started to age, Gurode/Davis got fat and lazy and grinders like Kosier and Colombo just weren't that good once age started to catch up with them a bit.
Yeah I sort of remember that but that games sort of encompasses Romo in his career. He can be absolutely magical at times. But he also every once in awhile has a total and complete stinker of a game where he doesn't and can't do anything right. That Vikings game he had 3 fumbles, 1 pick and 8 sacks. The O-line may have been bad but some of that has to go on the QB. You can't win a playoff game if Romo has a stinker. So you have to hope that Romo goes on a hot streak just at the perfect time.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That Vikings game he had 3 fumbles, 1 pick and 8 sacks.
I can't believe people are taking out the futility of the last decade on Romo. Unreal.

Fumbles are somewhat on him, but he barely had a second to throw and the running game had vanished.

In that game Adams went down, Columbo at RT made an average DE look like an All Pro, and the matchup of Free in relief of Adams vs. Allen was a complete joke. It was a matchup nightmare and one I had been dreading, hoping for any other game but on the road in Minnesota.

BTW, Dak has fumbled on two sacks in two games, so not everyone is immune to fumbling when hit.

Dak is a rookie. No rookie QB outside of Ben Roethlisberger goes far, and even with the amazing supporting casts he had on both sides of the ball Ben couldn't win it all his first year.

To win a championship we're going to need Romo.

Let Dak play in relief like he's supposed to. Romo gets his back better, then he needs to play.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I can't believe people are taking out the futility of the last decade on Romo. Unreal.

Fumbles are somewhat on him, but he barely had a second to throw and the running game had vanished.

In that game Adams went down, Columbo at RT made an average DE look like an All Pro, and the matchup of Free in relief of Adams vs. Allen was a complete joke. It was a matchup nightmare and one I had been dreading, hoping for any other game but on the road in Minnesota.

BTW, Dak has fumbled on two sacks in two games, so not everyone is immune to fumbling when hit.

Dak is a rookie. No rookie QB outside of Ben Roethlisberger goes far, and even with the amazing supporting casts he had on both sides of the ball Ben couldn't win it all his first year.

To win a championship we're going to need Romo.

Let Dak play in relief like he's supposed to. Romo gets his back better, then he needs to play.
Careful. The mob attack isn't far away from this talk. I think however, I have already worn them out with this exercise.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Careful. The mob attack isn't far away from this talk. I think however, I have already worn them out with this exercise.
Oh please. Outside of Iamtdg's gestapo tactics, I don't see a mob mentality.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
First of all, not true. Russel Wilson started his entire rookie season and went to the divisional round of the playoffs. And frankly he didn't play as well as Dak is playing right now. Hell even our very own Mark Sanchez took his team to the AFC Championship game as a rookie.

Right now Dak is literally doing things that no other rookie has ever done before. So it's reasonable that he will have more success then any other rookie QB before.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Frankly I'm surprised that 4 people on this board are dumb enough to want to bench a QB with a 100 + QB rating who is 5-1 and coming off a big time win in one of the toughest stadiums to play. I guess I'll just chalk it up to blind loyalty but it's pretty crazy to me.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Frankly I'm surprised that 4 people on this board are dumb enough to want to bench a QB with a 100 + QB rating who is 5-1 and coming off a big time win in one of the toughest stadiums to play. I guess I'll just chalk it up to blind loyalty but it's pretty crazy to me.
Quit being disrespectful. Asshole.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
God damn gestapo around here if you state the obvious!!!

I mean when we were 2-1 or even 3-1 it was sort of going out on a limb. But at this point, I mean come on. I guess Dak has to beat everyone by 21 points or more in order to deserve the job.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
God damn gestapo around here if you state the obvious!!!

I mean when we were 2-1 or even 3-1 it was sort of going out on a limb. But at this point, I mean come on. I guess Dak has to beat everyone by 21 points or more in order to deserve the job.
I don't think that would work. 31 points. Then. Maybe then.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He is being disrespectful. You can disagree with someone without the jabs of "stupid, dumb, crazy, retarded, etc. as part of a response. It really isn't necessary and simply shows a lack of respect to who you are addressing.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He is being disrespectful. You can disagree with someone without the jabs of "stupid, dumb, crazy, retarded, etc. as part of a response. It really isn't necessary and simply shows a lack of respect to who you are addressing.
The fact that the comment came from Smitty, who is the king of being disrespectful and condescending is what makes it so rich.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The fact that the comment came from Smitty, who is the king of being disrespectful and condescending is what makes it so rich.
Even so it is something that I think adds little to the dialogue and may indicate an inconsiderate attitude but I am not the hall monitor so que sera.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Actually it just shows a lack of respect for an opinion. IF you tell me it's your opinion that pigs can fly, I'll also call that crazy.
That is not always the context you used your posts. But so be it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Actually it just shows a lack of respect for an opinion. IF you tell me it's your opinion that pigs can fly, I'll also call that crazy.
Yeah, but it isn't crazy to give the starting QB job to someone who is 15-4 in their last 19 starts... it is more like you bring disingenuous to make a point.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You have definitely taken the title in the last few years, I am barely here anymore in comparison.

Top Bottom