Week 6 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs. Packers | 10/16/2016

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I can understand in a big game like this maybe not pulling Elliott for a series or two while its competitive but once the game was locked up I totally agree. Don't bang up your franchise back.
Yea I had no problem with it with 6 minutes left, but 1st and 10 with 2 minutes left and the Packers with no timeouts?

Give me a break.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Our coaching staff needs to keep an eye on Elliott's carries. There is absolutely no reason that he should've gotten 3-4 carries with 2 minutes left and the Packers with no timeouts.

Right now he's on pace for about 365 carries, not 2014 Murray terrible but I'd like to see him kept under 350.
The touches he had late vs the Bears and late today were inexcusable.

There's no good reason to not have Morris in the game in those instances.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the guy will never be any better than he is right now because he's just never really made much progress since about his 3rd year in the league.
They remind me a little of some of those Romo led teams. The Colts have a shit roster for the most part and just sort of expect Luck to carry the team. If they ever figure it out with the Oline and running game like we did maybe things will change for Luck.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Maybe the Texans need to run the 2 min drill for the entire game in order to get something out of Osweiler.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Andrew Luck just makes too many mistakes at this point in his career to make you believe he'll ever be better than what he is now.

He's a very good QB, but the thinking was that he would be elite and possibly the league's best at some point.

I think the guy will never be any better than he is right now because he's just never really made much progress since about his 3rd year in the league.
I think he parallels Romo, actually. Has all the talent in the world, and can light you up. But also prone to the big mistake that shines brighter than it should because he's all they have. His defense sucks, and he has always had a shitty running game. Sounds awfully familiar.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
Andrew Luck just makes too many mistakes at this point in his career to make you believe he'll ever be better than what he is now.

He's a very good QB, but the thinking was that he would be elite and possibly the league's best at some point.

Put him on the Cowboys and he'd be lighting it up. His OL has been terrible the entire time he's been with Indy, and he's had no run game.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

:lol

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He was on pace to reaching that potential over his first few years, I think you have to blame their front office for alot of his struggles. I can't put it 100% on them but the lack of talent around him is astounding, on both sides of the ball.

Can you name one bright promising player that they have added in the last 3 years?

No, I do not think you can.
I would trade Prescott for him. :art

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The touches he had late vs the Bears and late today were inexcusable.

There's no good reason to not have Morris in the game in those instances.
You throw around a lot of superlatives. I think Elliott should have gotten a rest too, but inexcusable? No, it wasn't inexcusable, we are in the middle of a 5 game win streak, I'm excusing it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I kinda am not totally excited. I think part of it is waiting for the other shoe to drop but part is also feeling like this is simply what we should have been after 2014, if we didn't lose our starting QB, RB and WR for the year and if our Charles Haley import experiment didn't blow up in our faces.

This was the natural progression of what 2015 should have been.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I kinda am not totally excited. I think part of it is waiting for the other shoe to drop but part is also feeling like this is simply what we should have been after 2014, if we didn't lose our starting QB, RB and WR for the year and if our Charles Haley import experiment didn't blow up in our faces.

This was the natural progression of what 2015 should have been.
If Romo was playing?

Sure.

Doing this with a rookie QB?

I wouldn't call that a natural progression.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Romo was playing?

Sure.

Doing this with a rookie QB?

I wouldn't call that a natural progression.
Exactly, we just transitiined from some old guys at QB and RB to young ones without missing a beat. To me that's something pretty exciting. That window we saw starting to close after 2014 has now been kicked back wide open with Elliott and Dak.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So about Osweiler, he certainly stepped it up at the end.
He did, but that was more a product of him being in a no huddle offense against the 30th ranked defense.

He was awful for 56 min as he's been through 6 games, and the Texans need to be looking to draft someone for next season.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Exactly, we just transitiined from some old guys at QB and RB to young ones without missing a beat. To me that's something pretty exciting. That window we saw starting to close after 2014 has now been kicked back wide open with Elliott and Dak.
Yep, and it's stupid to insinuate otherwise.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Has anyone ever won ROTY and MVP in the same year? Because, Dak could just do that very thing.
He's been incredible, man.

His entire skillset is helping this team win and play some of the best football we've seen them play over the last 10 years.

He's throwing the ball way better than anyone could've expected at this point of his career, and his ability to run and make good decisions in the read option is causing defenses fits.

That's why I don't agree with Kidd when he says the QB play was better in 2014.

Was Romo the better pure passer and more seasoned QB than Dak is right now? Sure......but Romo wasn't the threat on the ground that Dak is either. We're not just talking about a guy who scrambles here and there for yards. His ability with his legs is actually benefiting this offense and team as a whole to a great degree. So when you take into account everything that Dak is doing from the QB position, how can you say that the QB position was better than it is now?

Everything about this team right now is impressive and I'm proud of them for that effort yesterday. Yea, maybe Rodgers isn't at his best. So what? That was an excellent team performance and they deserve their due.

Now it's time to get all the way healthy and set our sights on winning some important things because the bar has been raised.

Top Bottom