Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys at Redskins | Week 2 | 09-18-16

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Would love to have some Fletcher Cox on our team.
He's who I wanted in that draft but went before our pick and before we traded up for teh Claiborne. Still would've taken Michael Brockers and Bobby Wagner in the 2nd like was said we'd have done rather than move for Mo.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm going off this weeks games. Yesterday and what I've seen from Wentz tonight
Oh. If that's the case, I'm just going off what I've recently seen, but I think the Bears just might be the greatest offense ever. I mean, they've scored TDs on 100% of their drives. Of course, I'm only counting this last drive in my evaluation...

data

Forbes #1
He's who I wanted in that draft but went before our pick and before we traded up for teh Claiborne. Still would've taken Michael Brockers and Bobby Wagner in the 2nd like was said we'd have done rather than move for Mo.
Yup...then Aaron Donald didn't fall to us. Another heartbreaker.

Although Nick Fairley turned into a bust and we made the right call there (Tyron Smith).

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Wait and see has been placed in my throne room for several years as the official identifying slogan of yours truly. I have tried to keep a low key on it but when it surfaces I raise the banner.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If Romo got hit like that they'd be loading him on a gurney.

Oh. If that's the case, I'm just going off what I've recently seen, but I think the Bears just might be the greatest offense ever. I mean, they've scored TDs on 100% of their drives. Of course, I'm only counting this last drive in my evaluation...
Ok NoDICK..Forgive me for saying anything bad about your Pro Bowl QB.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wentz looks like a pretty damn fine QB.
I agree, I want him to fail miserably but he looks pretty good and the ball really flies out of his hand. Doesn't take anything away from Dak but it looks like the Eagles may have made the right move at QB as well.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

Although Nick Fairley turned into a bust and we made the right call there (Tyron Smith).
Tyron was definitely a much better choice. I'd take Donald over Martin but at least Zack has been good and helped us solidify the OL.

I agree, I want him to fail miserably but he looks pretty good and the ball really flies out of his hand. Doesn't take anything away from Dak but it looks like the Eagles may have made the right move at QB as well.
He was who I wanted as well, but so far I'm happy with Dak

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member

Yeah, even though Martin has turned out really way I was really hoping Donald would fall to us.

As an aside, that 2014 class of WRs is pretty sick. In the first round, you've got Sammy Watkins (who has been very good when healthy), Mike Evans, OBJ, Brandin Cooks and Kelvin Benjamin. Then, in the second, you have Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson and Jarvis Landry.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The way Schwartz spreads his DE's wide gives them such an advantage on the pass rush. Makes average DE's look better then they are.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I suspect the two QBs are going to be compared a lot in future years (much as Romo and Manning are). Just the nature of division rivals and the fact they came out the same year. Plus, we could well have taken Wentz if the Eagles hadn't swooped up and snagged him. Still, when you take into account what we gave up and what they gave up, the math is looking pretty good for us so far. If Elliot gets going, it could look a ton better.

Top Bottom