Gameday Chatter Thread |Cowboys v. Giants| 09-11-16

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Hmm...black co-worker in Finance named Mitch and forgot my mailman's name. Am I, how you ppl say...'down'?
:lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Oh damn. Shot fired by the DMN.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Oh damn. Shot fired by the DMN.
Hardly a "shot". It's dumb. His disposable cash he spends on his toys has zero to do with the team. It would be relevant if their own cap mismanagement were tied to real cash flow.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I think a chopper is cheaper than a pass rush...

Stars

DCC 4Life
Giants 24
Dallas 27
Me 10 (beers)

dallen

Senior Tech
Wild anyone say their interest in the NFL is at/near an all-time high? Actually, better question is who's interest in the NFL is NOT at/near all-time low?

With the NFL being so money-driven and corporate, I feel more and more off-put every year. With the potential of a new long term QB, I should be laser-focused on today, but I'm not.
I'm with you. Dak has me more invested than I would be if Kellen Moore were starting the first half of the season and we were putting all our eggs in the Romo-coming-back-from-yet-another-injury-after-being-out-almost-2-seasons-and-saving-the-day basket. But even still if Dak struggles (and he almost certainly will even if he is the QB of the future) I'm going to be pretty quick to lose interest. Goodell has removed any veneer of passion from the league. It is all about money to the point where they barely give lip service to anything else any more. It is hard to care about whether Dallas wins or loses when the league, the team, and many of the players only care about getting paid. Yeah, that's how most of the world works, but most of the world doesn't expect to have fans throwing money and acclaim at them for doing their jobs. A sports league has to be about more.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Imagine if Prescott had not had the preseason he did and moreover if Kellen Moore were starting. I think I would be physically ill.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Imagine if Prescott had not had the preseason he did and moreover if Kellen Moore were starting. I think I would be physically ill.
Yeah it would literally ruin the football season for me before it starts. At least I have some hope with Dak. Even if we don't make the playoffs but Dak plays well it will be an exciting season for me.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I would still watch if Dak was starting but didnt have the preseason he had. Not so much if Kellen Moore was starting.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Stars

DCC 4Life
I'm interested to watch the Browns Eagles game at 12. RG and Wentz to be specific. Just remembered DirecTV has the first week of NFL Ticket games all free today as well, so I can watch some of Bosa and Ramsey during the noon games as well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm interested to watch the Browns Eagles game at 12. RG and Wentz to be specific. Just remembered DirecTV has the first week of NFL Ticket games all free today as well, so I can watch some of Bosa and Ramsey during the noon games as well.
Bosa will not be playing.

Stars

DCC 4Life
Bosa will not be playing.
ahh hell. I just read a blurb of the coaches saying "he's ready to roll" ... Guess they were just hyping their player

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
With it being 9/11, I would hope none of these idiotic "social justice" assholes decide to fuck around during the anthem.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
and the NFL wont let the Dallas Cowboys wear a decal....

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
and the NFL wont let the Dallas Cowboys wear a decal....
Yeah, that pisses me off. And Jones being the hog huntin' rootin' tootin' helicopter ridin' son of a gun should have made a deal about that.

Top Bottom