NBA Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
That clown had no business ever being handed a HC position.
It's weird but the NBA has a history of handing head coaching jobs to guys with little to no coaching experience. This isn't just a new thing with guys like Fisher & Kidd.

Pat Riley only had a few months coaching experience under his belt before taking over the Lakers. Then in the 60s & 70s you had a lot of guys who were player-coaches. Bill Russell, Dave Cowens, and Lenny Wilkens immediately come to mind.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=63]Jiggyfly[/MENTION]

What do you make of the story of Howard and Harden having a long meeting late last night with Morey that allegedly consisted of Bickerstaff saying he's coaching a "broken team", and the aftermath resulting in the Rockets wanting to shop Howard?

Jiggyfly

Banned
[MENTION=63]Jiggyfly[/MENTION]

What do you make of the story of Howard and Harden having a long meeting late last night with Morey that allegedly consisted of Bickerstaff saying he's coaching a "broken team", and the aftermath resulting in the Rockets wanting to shop Howard?
It is a broken team and they should be looking to move Howard.

This team looked better without Howard last year and him and Harden have never fit that great, I hoped they would establish some chemistry but it just never happend.

Last year everything that could go right did and everybody rested on their laurels, this year's team does not have the same work ethic and frankly is not as lucky.

It's time for a new coach who can come in and change the culture, a lot of this is Harden because as the best player he has to set the tone but he is just not that guy, but he is to talented to move and has shown with the right coach he can bear down.

He has been asked to do way to much, when he is not going on all cylinders this team has no other answers and he is just not a guy who can sustain a high level of intesity.

I was amazed at what last year's team did because you could see the flaws but they were relentless without that this what you get.

Maybe they have finally hit rock bottom but I think this team is done for this year.

Cotton

Staff member

Good god.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If Klay Thompson gets hot I think he beats Curry in the 3 point contest tonight.

Klay can go shot for shot with Curry on catch and shoots but Curry is better off the dribble.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Lavine is the best thing to happen to the dunk contest since Vince Carter.

His amazing dunks are forcing the other competitors to use only their athleticism as opposed to stupid props to que the crowd.

Because his dunks are all skill and athleticism, they have to match it using only those attributes themselves.

Cotton

Staff member
I feel like I should be offended that there were no white judges for the slam dunk contest. You know, social injustice and all that shit.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Lavine/Gordon has a chance to be the next Jordan/Wilkins.

That was an outstanding show they put on last night.

I really hope they come back and do it again.

Cotton

Staff member
Lavine/Gordon has a chance to be the next Jordan/Wilkins.

That was an outstanding show they put on last night.

I really hope they come back and do it again.
I thought Gordon should have won it. That dunk over the mascot was frickin' amazing.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't like pretty much everything that goes into the All Star game and weekend.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I thought Gordon should have won it. That dunk over the mascot was frickin' amazing.
I do too, but my point is that Lavine being able to do the things he's done over the last 2 years has forced the other competitors to match him by performing dunks based on skill as well, as opposed to stupid props and other foolishness.

The dunk contest had gotten so bad that people were wanting to do away with it. But thanks to Lavine, we're finally gonna have some real dunking again.

Cotton

Staff member
I do too, but my point is that Lavine being able to do the things he's done over the last 2 years has forced the other competitors to match him by performing dunks based on skill as well, as opposed to stupid props and other foolishness.

The dunk contest had gotten so bad that people were wanting to do away with it. But thanks to Lavine, we're finally gonna have some real dunking again.
Oh, I agree with you. I was more propping that amazing dunk by Gordon than anything.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I just wish the top stars would do it again, like when Jordan, Doc, Wilkins, Nance, etc did it. That's what really made it special.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Jiggyfly

Banned

Jiggyfly

Banned

Jiggyfly

Banned

Top Bottom