Report: Adrian Peterson indicted on child abuse charges

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
By WDAY Staff Today at 3:47 p.m.

Los Angeles, CA (WDAY TV) - Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has been indicted in Texas on child abuse charges, according to multiple sources.

NFL Insider Jay Glazer is reporting that Peterson has been cooperating with Texas authorities in connection with charges relating to injury to a child, and now has had to turn himself in.

TMZ Sports is reporting that Peterson has been indicted in Montgomery County, Texas. Peterson missed practice Friday, but it is not known if it is related to the indictment. According to Deadspin, Peterson owns a home in the the Houston suburb The Woodlands, which is in Montgomery County.

Stay tuned to WDAY News for more on this developing story

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
From what I'm reading from Ian Rapoport and other sources, Peterson is being charged for whipping his son with a switch.

If that's true this is complete horseshit. It has to be more than just a switch-whipping.

Beating your kids' ass with a switch is practically an art form and considered a secondary sport in Texas.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Adrian Peterson’s indictment for swatting son with a switch
By Darin Gantt | Sep 12, 2014, 5:06 PM EDT | Permalink
AP
Vikings running back Adrian Peterson’s indictment on reckless or negligent injury to a child stems from a case of old-school corporal punishment.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the incident in question stems from “disciplining of a son with a switch.”

For those of you unfamiliar with the Southern vernacular, a switch is a flexible tree branch used to swat a child across the backsides.

How you view that — as an act of parental discipline or as child abuse — depends largely on your age and geographic location.

We can already tell the comments on this one are going to be special.
----------------
If this is what it is over, at first glance I don't agree with it. I guess, if he went apeshit and beat the kid senseless, then it should be viewed as a crime. But if he just spanked the kids ass with a switch, I don't see the problem. More kids these days could use some discipline.

And switch isn't just a southern term. Up here in the far north, the word "switch" uttered by a pissed off parent could invoke terror and instant compliance.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Adrian Peterson deactivated by Vikings for Sunday's game.

Asiata will get the start.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sorry, don't see whipping your kid with a switch is the same as cold cocking your girlfriend. Just don't.

Hate to say it, how I was raised.

A lot of kids nowadays could use a little switching or paddling.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Man, my dad used to beat me with more than a switch, and I can tell you he didn't always make contact with my ass. Fucking privileged kids today is a big problem in this country.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Man, my dad used to beat me with more than a switch, and I can tell you he didn't always make contact with my ass. Fucking privileged kids today is a big problem in this country.
Seems to me your pappy needs a do over. :art

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Seems to me your pappy needs a do over. :art
Actually, he did very well on his first try. He taught me respect of not only authority, but also other people around me. Things that I have passed along to my kids. You can ask anyone that knows me. My kids sit respectfully everywhere we go if that's what instructed of them to do. You will never even find my kids running around a grocery store. They are right beside us the whole time.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Actually, he did very well on his first try. He taught me respect of not only authority, but also other people around me. Things that I have passed along to my kids.
And to respect your elders I hope.

data

Forbes #1
Each Baby Boomer should be brought up on child abuse charges.

Thorn

Brand New Member
So it seems to have gone quite a bit further than a responsible parent whooping his son's behind five or six times for doing something stupid.

Kid had defensive wounds on his hands, cuts/injuries to his legs, back, ass, scrotum, thighs and told officers that "Daddy Peterson hit me in the face."

Pictures from a week later show a ton of healing cuts all over his legs or forearms.

I'm all for disciplining a disobedient child, but from what I've read and the markings on the little kid from photos taken a week after the incident, it's child abuse. Especially when you consider that another one of his kids died from a beating from a different man, I think it needs to be taken pretty seriously.

Top Bottom